DLR Kids

Congrats fellow attractions cast member! Ahh I can't believe that we all waited so long and that they are actually CALLING us... I almost didn't hear my phone because it was in the other room and on vibrate... I would have died if I missed it haha. Congrats to all!

Wee! Are you going to put a request in for any specific attraction? I think I might put a request in when I accept! So many choices but I think my top choices are PoTC, Haunted Mansion or a speiling ride like Storybook Land!

Wee! Are you going to put a request in for any specific attraction? I think I might put a request in when I accept! So many choices but I think my top choices are PoTC, Haunted Mansion or a speiling ride like Storybook Land!

O man... I don't know if I could pick haha I mean there are so few that I wouldn't want to be placed on... Hmm... I might have to think about that PoTC and HM would be amazing though... Definately gave me something to think about though :)

A note about requesting specific Attractions in California.

In order to ensure a comfortable Onboarding experience for Cast Members, ensure the continued safety of both Guests and Cast Members alike, and comply with the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreements, the Disneyland Resort does not train New Hire Cast Members on specific Attractions.

This is slightly different from the current operating procedure at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.

Only after they have been fully trained and have become comfortable with another Attraction will they have the opportunity to apply to be Cross Trained to one of these Attractions.

When I transferred from DLR Attractions to WDW, the Attractions that were "Cross-Train Only" were as follows (please note that these may have changed since then):

Disneyland Park
  • Space Mountain, Tomorrowland
  • Matterhorn Bobsleds, Fantasyland
  • it's a small world, Fantasyland
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Frontierland
  • Pirates of the Caribbean, New Orleans Square
  • Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes, New Orleans Square
  • Main Street Vehicles, Main Street USA
  • Steam Trains, Main Street USA

Disney's California Adventure Park
  • The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Hollywood Pictures Backlot
  • Soarin' Over California, Golden State
  • Grizzly River Run, Golden State
  • California Screamin', Paradise Pier
  • Toy Story Midway Mania, Paradise Pier

As Attractions Disneyland Resort College Program Participants are Union and do have Seniority, they do end up getting Cross-Trained at some point during their programmes. However, it is extremely unlikely that a New Hire Cast Member, CP or not, will end up on any of these Attractions as a First Attraction.

Please note that neither Disneyland Resort Casting Services nor Walt Disney Parks and Resorts College Recruiting have the power to put accepted Disneyland Resort College Program Participants onto a specific Attraction. They can assign a Participant to a specific work area (ex: Fantasyland Attractions, Tomorrowland Attractions, etc.), but it is the work area that determines final placement, based upon labour needs.

I was just accepted into the DISNEYLAND program today! Technically, I was accepted yesterday when they first started accepting people but I missed the initial call, she even called me back later the night to tell me, but I had missed it again! So I am REALLY excited and can’t wait for three months to pass by so I can make my way to Cali! By the way----Interviewed: August 8, Acceptance via Phone: September 30 I was told I would find out in 3-6 weeks found out 3weeks and 1 day. I’ll be Merchandise!:yay:

congrats!! im doing merch also!! hey do u have a facebook or myspace??? if so add me.

myspace/overlandmusic

You guys are making me VERY excited for my interview in February for Fall 2010 at Disneyland! I can't find as much information or people for Disneyland so I am happy theres a Disneyland forum here for me to ask questions and to discuss! I'm already nervous for my application and interview because I heard the program for Disneyland is hard to get into too ><

You guys are making me VERY excited for my interview in February for Fall 2010 at Disneyland! I can't find as much information or people for Disneyland so I am happy theres a Disneyland forum here for me to ask questions and to discuss! I'm already nervous for my application and interview because I heard the program for Disneyland is hard to get into too ><

I am thinking about starting a blog when I get back home. I am in Chicago this weekend for a wedding, but I didn't want to jinx anything by starting a blog before I got accepted. It will be all about the DisneyLAND interview process and when I finally go I will be trying to update it as much as possible. So you will have another outlet to get information too :)

Also congrats to every one else who has gotten the acceptance call. We should all plan a gathering when we all arive so we can all offically meet :)

congrats!! im doing merch also!! hey do u have a facebook or myspace??? if so add me.

myspace/overlandmusic

Sure, I have fb..what's your name??

I am thinking about starting a blog when I get back home. I am in Chicago this weekend for a wedding, but I didn't want to jinx anything by starting a blog before I got accepted. It will be all about the DisneyLAND interview process and when I finally go I will be trying to update it as much as possible. So you will have another outlet to get information too :)

Also congrats to every one else who has gotten the acceptance call. We should all plan a gathering when we all arive so we can all offically meet :)

That's a good idea! I'm up for it :thumbsup2

anyone else still waiting and how long?

me: 5 wks

interview: 8/31
pending letter: 9/17

So I just got the e-mail a few hours ago :) So very exciting... However when I went to accept it, it told me that it was for the Fall 2009... uh oh... haha So I was just wondering if any one else ran into this same issue, and if you guys think that I should still accept it and have them fix it? ahh i'm so scared to hit accept... I just sent them an e-mail about it, but still... its scary haha

Ok so I decided to keep reading and saw that the arrival dates were correct, so I went ahead and just submitted... I will be arriving on the 10 of January at 10 a.m.

I'm so excited to meet every one!
Good luck to those who are still waiting!

So I just got the e-mail a few hours ago :) So very exciting... However when I went to accept it, it told me that it was for the Fall 2009... uh oh... haha So I was just wondering if any one else ran into this same issue, and if you guys think that I should still accept it and have them fix it? ahh i'm so scared to hit accept... I just sent them an e-mail about it, but still... its scary haha

I just got my email and it was for 2010, but if I were you I would call to see whether or not you should accept it or wait for them to correct it..

Hey every one. Odd question, but does any one know the size of the beds at the apartments? Are they just regualr twins? haha I'm starting to look for sheets because they are all on sale now. Just wondering. Hope every one is having a good week :)

I got a call at home around 12:30pm and I was at my job!! Ahhh. So the lady told my mom to call back and leave a message on a voicemail when I would be available to call back and that was after 4PM today so... I didn't get a call back tonight so I guess I have to wait until tomorrow to hear from her??? I dunno if that means I am accepted or not!?!? Ideas?? :):lovestruc

I got a call at home around 12:30pm and I was at my job!! Ahhh. So the lady told my mom to call back and leave a message on a voicemail when I would be available to call back and that was after 4PM today so... I didn't get a call back tonight so I guess I have to wait until tomorrow to hear from her??? I dunno if that means I am accepted or not!?!? Ideas?? :):lovestruc

Call again tomorrow if you don't hear back so you can let us all know :) GOOD LUCK and Welcome :)

I'd like to try and find at least one other person to room with before the program starts. The only room mate thread I've found here has been for WDW, maybe we should start our own?

Woo Hoo! I just got my folder today in the mail! YAY!

Its exactly 3 months until I check in and I am soo excited!

I'd like to try and find at least one other person to room with before the program starts. The only room mate thread I've found here has been for WDW, maybe we should start our own?

I agree, either on here or fb. I asked the same question there as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter