Do codes expire?

DBC

Mouseketeer
Sorry, this has probably been asked or answered in a FAQ somewhere, but I've been searching fruitlessly for it with no luck.

Last year I called in December or so and a helpful rep told me to ask for "the winter room only code from the internet" and was able to change my room rate for the end of Feb to about $129/nite at the WL. She gave me the code and I jotted it down.

I'm assuming that code will not be any good next year and I'll just have to try again for a new code, but I see here that some codes stick with a person. This doesn't sound like one of those codes.

Does anyone know if these codes expire?

Thanks in advance for your help.

The code the cm you spoke to was a general public code released by Disney travel , yes there is an expiration on those and that one will not be good for your next trip .

So far this year , the only discounts offered on rooms that have been released for Discounted rooms are the AP holder rate, Florida Resident rate and the AAA room only rate .

We were told in our training for this new Magic your way package that because of the new structure of the package, there would be little to NO general public discounts offered this year except those listed above. Which we have seen to be true so far .
The Winter room only code was the last to be released for general public use and only other codes released this year were the Post card Pin Discounts to the targeted individuals that were lucky enough to receive them.

Postcard and PIN discounts
For the past several years, Disney has regularly sent out masses of postcards (and more recently, e-mails) that offer deeply discounted Walt Disney World resort rates to the recipients.THese are not public general use discounts , because Disney uses a PIN number system so that only the recipient can use the code. (When you call in with your PIN number, they match your name and address to it. You can't share the PIN with anyone else. You can however book 3 rooms under your name with these pin /postcard rates , BUT you must be on reservation and present at check in

How do you get on the lists for these special postcards and e-mails? No one knows exactly. It appears that Disney's marketing department uses a variety of lists at different times. ( Registering at Disney.com,Disney Direct.com , Disney Visa holders, )would be a few suggestions but not guaranteed to get you on a list,or get you a code sent to you . they are just a few I have heard that folks had been registered on and had gotten a code .

DBC said:
Last year I called in December or so and a helpful rep told me to ask for "the winter room only code from the internet" and was able to change my room rate for the end of Feb to about $129/nite at the WL. She gave me the code and I jotted it down.

God Bless Helpful CMs! I laughed out loud when I read this - would LOVE to run across one that said, ;) nod, nod, wink, wink, why don't you ask me for . . .and then made sure I got a discount!

Keep checking Mousesavers for discount rates. Here's the link . . .
http://www.mousesavers.com/disneyresorts.html#expired

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter