Do Disney hotel prices change as date gets closer?

bswb97

Earning My Ears
Just curious if prices for places like the Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian change for better or worse as it gets closer to a date. We were planning on going probably the week after Thanksgiving but weren't sure if it's better budget-wise to book a little later (assuming that availability is the only issue). Thanks!

Just curious if prices for places like the Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian change for better or worse as it gets closer to a date. We were planning on going probably the week after Thanksgiving but weren't sure if it's better budget-wise to book a little later (assuming that availability is the only issue). Thanks!

Disney has preset seasonal rates. They may offer specials but they are pretty far in advance, not necessarily last minute.

If anything the closer you get to the time between TG and Xmas, there may be nothing left.

Ok - I was reading WDW not the West coast. I have no experience with Disneyland - so, good luck!

It is my understanding that the prices don't change the closer you get to the date of your trip. The only time the hotel prices would be "on sale" is when the discounts come out. They are for specific dates and need to be reserved within a certain time frame. Not sure if there would be anything available at this point for a trip in late November. You could always try it by looking on the the Disney reservation website or by calling and asking directly if there are any discounts available.

PS: I also have no experience with DL

I'm a Disneyland girl! You will not score an awesome hotel deal for DLH, Paradise Pier, or Grand Californian the closer they get to dates. They don't seem to care if rooms are left unsold, maybe so people don't play chicken with the rates and the value stays inflated.
As PP noted your best bet is to book right away when a deal comes out. I've noticed that rates can change quickly because many times I've found a great rate (like maybe there is a better level room at almost the same price as standard) but I took a minute to double check rates on Orbitz/Expedia, then when I rechecked the rate or changed the date and changed the date back to the great rate date, that better price is gone. Maybe they have just a few rooms with better deals, then it reverts to whatever the special rate is. Who knows.
I think a good rate for DLH would be anything around $350 for standard.
You could book a room off site now, and call Disneyland reservations starting at one week before your trip to see if they have a rate available that is reasonable to you. You have to cancel Disneyland hotels 5 days before your trip so one week out you may have some luck as people cancel their reservations. That still gives you time to cancel off-site reservation, most of those will be 48 hour cancellation.
ETA book now, and if you do see a better rate later, cancel and rebook. I have gotten them to adjust my reservation once, but I don't believe that is the usual policy, so cancel and rebook works best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter