Do I Need a Hard Copy of My Deed?

ammo

DIS Veteran
I have bought a number of contracts over the years, and the broker always mailed a hard copy of the deed a few months after closing. Except for one I bought last year. It has been more than six months, so I have stopped waiting for it. Is this a concern? I'm not sure if I will need that paperwork for anything, such as a potential resale in the future?

Depends where the deed is filed. FL you can access it electronically. I believe CA will need to have a copy when selling. Either way, you can request a copy from the state.

Depends where the deed is filed. FL you can access it electronically. I believe CA will need to have a copy when selling. Either way, you can request a copy from the state.
Thank you very much (to both of the responders)! My deeds are all in Florida, so that is a relief.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter