Do I need to present my AP at check in?

CandM

Earning My Ears
I have an AP rate at the HRH and am wondering if I should purchase my AP through the mail so I have it at check in. If they don't require it at check in I would just buy it at the park gate. I am also wondering if anyone knows if I can get a AAA discount at the gates and how much of a discount it is.

I am not sure about the AAA discount at the gate, but I would advise you to have the AP in hand just incase you needed it. I know some people have said that they didn't. I cannot state for Loews Resorts but I can tell you at Disney, sometimes they asked me for it & sometimes they didn't. I am a Fl Resident & book with the FL Res rate or the Entertainment rate... I was asked for my FL ID at the RPH. I stayed at the HRH on an Enter rate & wasn't asked for the card...stayed on the FL res rate & was asked for my ID.....now that could be just for an ID purpose, I am not sure. Like I said, I don't think I would take the chance of not having it. If you have to buy it anyway, you may as well get it now....

I can't see where they would deny you your room if you didn't have your card at check in. I asked the reservationist if we could purchase our passes once we got to Orlando and she said yes. You don't actually pay until you check out so as long as you showed them your pass before then it should be fine. They always have the recourse of charging you full rate if you don't eventually show the pass. We didn't even get asked for our pass when we checked in.

Originally posted by damo
I can't see where they would deny you your room if you didn't have your card at check in. I asked the reservationist if we could purchase our passes once we got to Orlando and she said yes. You don't actually pay until you check out so as long as you showed them your pass before then it should be fine. They always have the recourse of charging you full rate if you don't eventually show the pass. We didn't even get asked for our pass when we checked in.
I have never paid upon check out (at any hotel that I have ever stayed at). I have always had to pay prior to check in. At check out I would get a rec'pt showing a 0 balance (I didn't charge anything to the room or have any extra charges). Infact, my last stay (HRH in Dec) I paid cash.... at check-in, including the parking fee.

You can pay at check out. If you pay by credit card you can either do express check-out and drop your envelope off at front desk or you can line up and sign off.

Wow... I am not doubting you...but I can honestly say... I was never given the choice....even when paying by credit card, when I get the rec't on the day of ck-out it shows my ck-in date as the posted date for the charge. I have done the express ck-out as well as the line but always paid at ck-in

Couldn't you just do will call for the AP and show the printed out sheet from the website that has your confirmation on it for the AP?

You will be asked for your AP at a Loews resort if that is how you booked..I would order it now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter