Do old magic bands work?

rf53

Mouseketeer
We are going to Disney World in February. It has been a while since our last trip back in February of 2020. We have magic bands that are actually a little older than that, probably 2018/19. When we made our current reservations the cast member confirmed those bands are still linked, and they definitely worked in 2020. My question is will they still work today? Are they powered by batteries? If so, do you know how long they last? Thanks!

Yes, my adult ds doesn't go often but when he does, I use his MB from about 8-10 years ago.
I don't think his can capture ride pictures, but mine does.
He can use the MB to get into the parks (I have his tickets linked) and the room.

Ours were from2019 that we used in June. Reports are they should continue to work for tapping in/ hotel rooms, but probably not for photos after a few years.

Ours were from2019 that we used in June. Reports are they should continue to work for tapping in/ hotel rooms, but probably not for photos after a few years.
Thanks. As long as they work for the resort, park entrance, VQ, ILL, and purchases I’m good. We always have the phones as backup but the bands are easier IMO.

Magic bands perform 2 different functions. One function does NOT require a battery and is likely most of how you will use it. One of the functions using the battery is when those automatic ride photos are taken. The design is such that you can't replace the battery. Battery life can vary based on a number of factors such as how much it was used and how it was stored (heat/humidity). Battery life can also vary from one battery to the next. Several older threads on this topic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter