Do people actually enjoy these attractions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaimeK

Mouseketeer
I'm planning a third trip to DW. First trip my 3 year old was scared of everything so we went on very, very few rides. 2nd trip - we went on a ton and it was fun to see what everyone's favorites were. Me - Haunted Mansion, DH - food & wine festival 8-), 8-year old son - Test Trak, 6-year old son - People Mover (!!!)

Even over a week we couldn't do everything so I'm trying to include lots that we didn't do last time.
BUT... some of these attractions are really questionable. Do people actually enjoy them for what they are, or do they just do it for tradition or sentimentality??
Would kids enjoy them?

I'm thinking about:
Tiki room
Country Bears
Hall of Presidents
Carousel of Progress
Captain EO
Journey with Figment
Ellen's Energy
Living with the Land
Circle of Life
movies in the World showcase

BUT... some of these attractions are really questionable. Do people actually enjoy them for what they are, or do they just do it for tradition or sentimentality??
Would kids enjoy them?

Tiki room - YES!
Country Bears - Sure.
Hall of Presidents - Maybe we'll actually fit it in this trip.
Carousel of Progress - For the silliness of seeing the outdated stuff, but easily skipped.
Captain EO - No.
Journey with Figment - YES!!
Ellen's Energy - No.
Living with the Land - YES.
Circle of Life - No.
Movies in the World showcase - There's Movies here?

You've got two of the catchiest attractions in all the World in here, in the Tiki Room and Journey into Imagination... our kids will leave those singing the tunes for the rest of the trip. I would put these two up there as things we will do on every visit to the MK / EPCOT.

LWTL is a good one-timer, and the Country Bears have a bit of nostalgia, but the others are all demolition candidates for us.

I'd add Tom Sawyer Island to your list of little-done attractions...

Last edited:
Tiki room - my family totally does not get this attraction. lol
Country Bears - once was good for us
Hall of Presidents - great place to rest and cool off
Carousel of Progress - we actually really love this one. trip doesn't feel complete without it.
Captain EO - never tried it
Journey with Figment - Always!!
Ellen's Energy - never tried it.
Living with the Land - Always! Kids love it and it's a nice relaxing ride.
Circle of Life - once and done
movies in the World showcase - the few we've done we are not huge fans of but we will try them again as the kids age. The circle one in Canada totally made me motion sick though!

Tiki room - Corny, yes but has incredible detail we appreciate, never a wait, seats and indoors with air conditioning.
Country Bears - Same as above
Hall of Presidents - Good every 5 years or so, never a wait, seats and indoors with air conditioning, and possible a cat nap. Top choice in a rain storm.
Carousel of Progress - Tradition. First saw it at the World's Fair. NEEDS some love. Again, no wait, seats, air conditioning and nap potential.
Captain EO - Silly and fun just hate waiting so long to see it, why not just fill the theater and run it half the time.
Journey with Figment - I want the old Figment back ... the old Pavilion back.
Ellen's Energy - Yes but it's too long .............
Living with the Land - We do enjoy it, maybe the farmers in the family .....
Circle of Life - No
movies in the World showcase - Love France because there are seats. If they would only do the others in seated theaters then yes. My feet can't do that park and stand forever for a movie.

Tiki Room, Carousel of Progress, Country Bears, Living with the Land are all a big yes for me. I'm hoping to try Hall of Presidents again soon because I haven't been in there since I was small.
I think Figment is not great in it's current form, but plenty of others like it fine. I grew up w/ the original, so I'm a little biased. I do not care for Captain EO and it scared me when I saw it as a young kid. Energy I haven't done since I was small either, mainly because it's a 40 minute ride where you're stuck in a vehicle for the whole 40 minutes....so if you or your kids need to ya know pee, or feel sick or whatever...well good luck waiting. ;) Circle of Life was really loud. It wasn't bad, but I wouldn't make special plans for it. I think the American Adventure is pretty cool in World Showcase. Some of the other films are good too.

Tiki room - LOVE IT!
Country Bears - It's fun.
Hall of Presidents - I like this a lot, but I don't know if kids would.
Carousel of Progress - Love it (but that last scene needs work!).
Captain EO - LOVE IT!
Journey with Figment - It's fun.
Ellen's Energy - Nap time.
Living with the Land - I like this one a lit, though kids might not. The greenhouse is great and always changing.
Circle of Life - It's okay, but not great.
movies in the World showcase - Canada is the best movie, followed by China, then France. The France one has seats though, but it's kinda nap time. The other two are standing, but CircleVision! Woo-hoo!

In the end, I think every attraction is going to be someone's favorite attraction. So what one person finds boring may be the best attraction there is to someone else. So unless you have a strong reason to skip something (e.g., motion sickness), I would try to ride everything at least once so you can make your own decisions.

Here would be my take on the attractions/shows:
  • Tiki room - not an every trip attraction, but fun to do once in a while. I like it better now that Iago and Zazu are gone.
  • Country Bears - I miss this one at DLR, so we visit at least once when we go to WDW.
  • Hall of Presidents - not high on my list of things to do, but very patriotic.
  • Carousel of Progress - something to do at least once because of this historic significance.
  • Captain EO - not a Michael Jackson fan, so this one is on the 'skip' list.
  • Journey with Figment - Figment is my favorite character, so this is a "must do" even if the original version was much better.
  • Ellen's Energy - Nice to relax in AC for almost 45 minutes, but the info is outdated.
  • Living with the Land - I really like the boat ride and go it several times on each trip.
  • Circle of Life - It's okay, but more of something to do if there is time
  • movies in the World showcase - Depends on the movie. Impressions de France is outstanding. The others are okay.

I'm planning a third trip to DW. First trip my 3 year old was scared of everything so we went on very, very few rides. 2nd trip - we went on a ton and it was fun to see what everyone's favorites were. Me - Haunted Mansion, DH - food & wine festival 8-), 8-year old son - Test Trak, 6-year old son - People Mover (!!!)

Even over a week we couldn't do everything so I'm trying to include lots that we didn't do last time.
Would kids enjoy them?

I'm thinking about:
Tiki room
Country Bears
Hall of Presidents
Carousel of Progress
Captain EO
Journey with Figment
Ellen's Energy
Living with the Land
Circle of Life
movies in the World showcase

We LOVE Carousel of Progress and can never miss it.

Imagination with figment is an Epcot favorite that we love, too.

Ellen's energy is another good one but takes a lot of time so sometimes we skip it.

The hall of presidents, country bears and the land are classic low key attractions that we go on every few trips. We usually visit 2-3 times a year.

We always skip the others on your list.

Tiki room - Yes. I love it. The only think that would make it better would be being able to enjoy my Dole Whip while I watched the show.
Country Bears - It's cute enough. I don't do it every visit, but I enjoy it well enough.
Hall of Presidents - Nope. I don't care for it and especially get annoyed at people who will boo any given audio animatronic that represents a certain president or two. I insist on going on it once every 4-8 years just to see the current president.
Carousel of Progress - I love it. So does my husband and 5 year old daughter. As well as being cute, it is also a fantastic break from the midday heat in a pleasant ride with air conditioning, comfortable seats, and a minimal wait.
Captain EO - nope
Journey with Figment - It was certainly better before, but it is still pretty cute. I wouldn't wait more than 5 minutes, though.
Ellen's Energy - No. Unless there is a major rainstorm and/or you need a place for a nap, skip it. If you do need a nap or it is raining, this is a god 45 minute ride for staying dry and catching a catnap.
Living with the Land - Love it. I don't miss it unless I can never catch it with under a 30 minute line.
Circle of Life - Yeah no. Unless you want to sit around and hear about how bad humans are and how we are ruining everything, skip it.
movies in the World showcase - They aren't too bad. I don't usually do them because I like to explore each pavilion on my own and don't want to spend time watching the movies, but I have never really thought that one was a waste of time.

Tiki room - Enjoy it
Country Bears - Could take it or leave it, but the kids like it
Hall of Presidents - Skipped this one a few times but really enjoy it. Makes me very emotional. Also a great place to cool down.
Carousel of Progress - Not sure when I went to this last and can't even remember it.
Captain EO - Never been
Journey with Figment - Enjoy it
Ellen's Energy - Never been on it, but I hear it's a great place to take a nap
Living with the Land - Enjoy it
Circle of Life - Kids went with DH this trip been a while since I've been
movies in the World showcase - Haven't done them since before kids, but liked them when we did go

Tiki room- Yes, I love this ride. I'm very entertained by the songs.
Country Bears-I think it's cute (My twins got a TJ Bearytales as toddlers and were terrified of animatronic bears, so we didn't attempt it)
Hall of Presidents-My DS was interested in it, my toddlers fell asleep, DH (as a history major) had some issues with it. I probably wouldn't do it again unless it was as a break
Carousel of Progress-I like it, think it's cute
Captain EO-I think this is nostalgia for me. However, a nice break from the heat, and Michael Jackson is talented, catchy songs
Journey with Figment-If I have time, but I don't go out of my way, and we generally aren't even in the area (we do land and sea, character spot, and world showcase)
Ellen's Energy-Outdated, boring...I'll just go back to the room
Living with the Land-my preschoolers rode it 10 times, I like seeing the greenhouse, that part "entertains" me
Circle of Life-I'll agree with JennaDeeDooDah, a little heavy handed
movies in the World showcase-I don't know if I've seen any...I've increased our Epcot time each trip, but we like just looking around and eating enough (and Phineas and Ferb!) so we haven't gotten to these

Tiki room - If you ask my wife, this is a must-do. It's corny but the kids got a kick out of it and it has seats and air conditioning.
Country Bears - Again, corny, but kids will probably get a kick out of it. Seats & air conditioning add to the appeal.
Hall of Presidents - We didn't get to this the last two trips. Young kids might be bored, but its a nice A/C break.
Carousel of Progress - Wife also loves this one. Again the seats & A/C are probably the biggest draw for me.
Captain EO - Never seen it.
Journey with Figment - Must-do for us. The ride is alright but young kids LOVE the play area after.
Ellen's Energy - Haven't done this one in a while. Its looong (40-45 minutes IIRC) but good for an afternoon break.
Living with the Land - This is also a must-do for us. I find it really interesting, and even my 6yo liked it last trip.
Circle of Life - Never seen it.
movies in the World showcase - Never seen any of them. I would like to but didn't try it with a toddler. Next time!

Must see every trip (in order of most to least favorite)
Tiki room (Avatar gives it away, but this is my favorite attraction in Disneyland and WDW)
Country Bears
Carousel of Progress
Living with the Land
Journey with Figment
Hall of Presidents

With all the hubbub about FP's and wait times, seems silly to skip some entertaining shows in the air conditioning.

See it one time
Circle of Life
Movies in the World showcase

Meh
Captain EO
Ellen's Energy

Tiki room - Sometimes
Country Bears - Yes
Hall of Presidents - Fiance Yes, Me No
Carousel of Progress - Fiance Yes, Me No
Captain EO - Kind of. We always go as a joke.
Journey with Figment - Me Yes, Fiance No
Ellen's Energy - No (but good for an AC nap)
Living with the Land - Yes every time
Circle of Life - Sometimes
movies in the World showcase - Have never stepped foot in one.

We ducked into Country Bear Jamboree last August because it was so hot. It was worse than any heat I had ever felt. My whole family was dragging, sweating, tired etc. so we jumped into Country Bears out of sheer desperation to get out of the blistering, unrelenting heat. It was nice to cool off and we laughed the rest of the day saying how bad the heat must be for us to duck into this attraction.

We LOVE figment though!

Hall of Presidents - Nope. I don't care for it and especially get annoyed at people who will boo any given audio animatronic that represents a certain president or two. I insist on going on it once every 4-8 years just to see the current president.

Sorry, that was me booing William Henry Harrison... stupid twit couldn't even bother to wear a scarf at his inauguration... ;)

Tiki Room, Country Bears and Carousel of Progress all have a special place in my heart and I think are worthwhile. Sure, they're not as spectacular as the Haunted Mansion but the Haunted Mansion is nowhere near as spectacular as Escape from Gringotts. (Now combine that ride tech with the Tiki room and I think you'd have something pretty interesting!)

I have a lot of respect for the Hall of Presidents but it's just not one I do on a regular basis and it's a pretty large time block to make use of when you're trying to squeeze in everything else.

For Epcot, I've never seen the others. We tend to spend one day at each park and our time is better spent going through the international pavilion or checking out the other exhibits. I wouldn't mind seeing Captain EO once though but the stars have just never aligned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter