Do people dislike BLT tower right now? Are people just not renting points?

Artemis Fowl

Mouseketeer
DVC Gold
I've listed some points for rent on the rental boards here after having found no interest in some FB groups. I've noticed that some other owners have BLT points for rent as well that haven't even had requests for availability.

When I rented out some points a couple years ago (as covid restrictions were easing), they were gone the same day I posted them.

I'm not trying to complain about in any way, I'm just curious if anyone had thoughts on what this means for Disney overall right now? Is in interest in WDW down, generally? Is BLT just out of favor right now for rentals? Are too many people trying to use DVC rentals as a side hustle and created too much supply?

When I did rent before, the 11 month window included November-December which may have been a reason that they went fast?

I've listed some points for rent on the rental boards here after having found no interest in some FB groups. I've noticed that some other owners have BLT points for rent as well that haven't even had requests for availability.

When I rented out some points a couple years ago (as covid restrictions were easing), they were gone the same day I posted them.

I'm not trying to complain about in any way, I'm just curious if anyone had thoughts on what this means for Disney overall right now? Is in interest in WDW down, generally? Is BLT just out of favor right now for rentals? Are too many people trying to use DVC rentals as a side hustle and created too much supply?

When I did rent before, the 11 month window included November-December which may have been a reason that they went fast?
How much are you asking per point? Everything will rent if the price is appropriate. You may be pricing too high.

Given the cash discounts Disney is offering right now, I think a lot of agencies and individuals are vastly overpricing their points and are in for a rude awakening.

How much are you asking per point? Everything will rent if the price is appropriate. You may be pricing too high.

Given the cash discounts Disney is offering right now, I think a lot of agencies and individuals are vastly overpricing their points and are in for a rude awakening.
$20/point. I think that’s in the reasonable range. It’s the exact same price per point as when I rented points out a few years ago.

I like BLT, but won't rent again until the refurbishment.
Just curious why? Waiting for murphy bed in studio? I have tried them, but most seem to think they are a 1000 times better than the pull outs.

Any idea when refurbishment is scheduled?

I'm not trying to complain about in any way, I'm just curious if anyone had thoughts on what this means for Disney overall right now?
I think it’s a mix of all the things you suspect-

Is in interest in WDW down, generally? Is BLT just out of favor right now for rentals?
DVC owners and renters are mostly return visitors, and if they know about refurb they may pick a different resort and wait until after the refurb to book BLT.
Are too many people trying to use DVC rentals as a side hustle and created too much supply?
There is more competition. Plus going by 2022 resale market boom, many renters may have bought DVC for themselves. So they’re no longer customers and possibly trying to rent out now too, since they know how it works.
Season matters. Most of the year there’s 7 month availability for Lake View at BLT. Not really for December and generally tight for fall.

———
DVC per point value has settled down from the peak. DVD has even adjusted valuation. One Time Use Points and Magical Beginning credits were $22pp and then DVD lowered to $20pp.

Home priority rentals are still seeing $20-$22pp in high demand resorts but outside of that $18 or $19pp is the norm.

BLT refurb is still on schedule (which is 2024), however slide during the member association shows 2025. Will receive an update to the wifi during the refurbishment.

Last edited:
This is interesting. I’ve rented a few points this year as I bought a couple of loaded resale contracts which I couldn’t use before expiry. The CCV points rented straight away but the BLT points much slower and not one person asked for availability in a BLT studio… it’s all about Poly, AKL and BCV / BWV it seems!

BLT seems to be readily available to book through central reservations and, as mentioned, there are some good promos. If someone wants BLT, they can book directly, get promos and get a decent cancellation policy. Other hotels don’t seem available through central reservations so they may be more in demand for point rentals.

My best guess would be economy/inflation.

It's taking more time to rent my points out as well. I suspect this might not be the ideal time of the year, with people having all the expenses for the holidays.

we won't stay at BLT when there are parties. the appeal to staying there for us is walking to Magic Kingdom every night. that takes a away more than a third of the year nowadays.

Last edited:
I noticed less interest in rentals as well… except for he vied for Epcot resorts. I have both bwv and BLT and prefer the Epcot area.

$20/point. I think that’s in the reasonable range. It’s the exact same price per point as when I rented points out a few years ago.
I think $20 is high, personally. Given that you are not getting bites, maybe you should try lowering it to $19 or $18? The boom years of 2021/2022 right after the lockdowns are over, and a lot of the revenge travel to Disney has died down.

OTU points were lowered to $20? Wow, I missed that. That’s great.
Yep - they went from $19 right up to $22 in Feb 2023.

That didn’t last long. Went back down to $20pp Sept 2023.

That was at the same time the lowered the DVC direct MB rebate from $22 to $20 as well.

Rentals seem to be slow right now in general.....
Seems most of the requests I'm getting are for now to the next 60 days...
People aren't willing to book ahead right now. Not sure if that is economy-related, or if people are hoping Disney will have better deals as they get closer to when they want to travel

The huge cash room discounts are likely to blame. Anyone with Disney+ or a million other programs can book rooms right now for 25+% off the normal rate and that deal has been going for a while now. We were going to rent some DVC points for our Xmas stay but ended up just booking a cash room at Poly because I don't know that I'll ever get a Poly room that cheap again :D

Rentals seem to be slow right now in general.....
Seems most of the requests I'm getting are for now to the next 60 days...
People aren't willing to book ahead right now. Not sure if that is economy-related, or if people are hoping Disney will have better deals as they get closer to when they want to travel
I don’t think it’s economy related as tourism everywhere else is booming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter