Do the WL villas have all the perks of the lodge?

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
If we are reserved at the WL villas do we still get all the perks of the lodge? What does the villas have that the lodge doesnt have? Do we still checkin at the lodge? Can we use everything at the lodge? transportation? restaurants, tours, etc?

Same check-in and transportation. No restaurants at VWL but you can obviously use the WL ones.

Yes!
The pools, spa, beach, playground, mercantile, video arcade, boat/bike rentals, refillable mugs program, etc are shared with the VWL. In addition, the health club at VWL is free for DVC guests and available for a fee for WL. Also, you are a nice wooded walk away from the petting zoo, hoop dee do, horse rides, bonfires, movies, hayrides, and river country at FW.

hi: don't forget you'll have a fridge in the villas. they're smaller in the studios than the 1 and 2br units. you'll also have a microwave in all of the units. the 1 and 2br units will also have a stove "decoration"(i never cook on vacation) and a washer/dryer right in the unit. above all, you'll have a lot more room. when you look at your unit, you'll see your "own little piece of the magic".

As stated above, you get everything that WL gets...including wake up calls from Mickey (or so I've been told).

Also, at VWL you get use of the quiet pool there. That is supposed to be for VWL guests only.

And you have pool hopping privileges at the other resorts (except AKL).

Actually, the only thing we will miss about WL is the maid service. Not because we want daily cleaning, but because they were so good at arranging the DDs' stuffed animals while we were out. We would come home and find them posed reading books, watching the Disney channel and other cute, creative things. We'll have to do a couple of those surprises ourselves now.

So....are you calling your guide on Monday?

I called tonight and left him a message. He wont be in until Tues so I left both my home and work phone numbers.

We own at BWV and DH ONLY wanted to stay at BWV. We stayed at VWL in Sept., upon my pleading, and now DH has decided it is HIS new favorite DVC resort. We only regret we had to leave early due to Sept. 11th :mad: But have vowed to make it up later! You will love it!

Can you walk to hoop de doo from VWL?
Is the area where the bon-fire the same locale?
Didn't realize you could walk there.

VWL 11/2001

Do you have any general room recommendations? We'll most likely be staying in a studio in early Feb. and would like something that is pretty quiet, has a nice view and isn't too far from the WL pool, dock, etc. (which is probably what most people want -- LOL!!!).

Thanks for the input,
WDWPhanatic

BuzzandWoody-
You can walk from WL to where Hoop-Dee-Do is. The walkway runs from the WL busstop to near the petting farm. It is about a 15 minute walk but is not lit at night. We walked it at night and it is very dark. The hayride wagon goes along this path, too.

at night take the bus -

all the rooms are woodview except a very few that are pool view (this is also the lake view) - this resort is so small and the walk to any where is not hard at all - you will love it. If you don't like to walk ask to be near the elevators. This will also put you close to the bus stop. Look at those elevators - aren't they lovely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter