Do they start off at zero again?

"Ginger"

Sailing, sailing away is where I want to be....
My daughter has cruised on Royal Caribbean with my Husband and I when she was younger. Now that she is older 21, and wants to cruise with her friends will those cruises with us count toward her being a return cruiser with them?

As I understand it, her status should be what it was when she turned 18. BUT to advance to the next level, she will have to earn those on her own. I do not know if her points start at 0 and she just stays at whatever level she was at when she turned 18 for benefits until she earns up to the next level or if she would be at the base level for that category and work up from there.

It is my understanding that The child upon turning 18 will retain the status of the parent but their cruise credits will revert to their actual number of sailing days. To earn the next level, they will need to sail the required number of nights to achieve the tier.

So here is a real life example: I have 60 points, putting me at Emerald Level. My kids were actually with me for 49 of those accumulated nights. My older son who is now 20, retains my Emerald level, but has 49 points. In order to move to the next level, he will need to earn up from 49. My younger son is only 15. If I move to the next level (Diamond) before he turns 18, he will retain my diamond status but will only be credited with the nights he actually sailed with me and will then need to earn up from there. My older son will not be credited with my diamond status since he is over 18. Hope this makes sense!

As others have said, as long as you had her registered for C&A before she turned 18, she retains whatever status you had when she turned 18 but her actual # of points will be based on how many nights she cruised with RCL. So lets say you were Platinum and had 30 pts when she turned 18 but she only had 10 nights onboard herself. In order to get to Emerald (55 nights) she would need to sail 45 more nights. You would only need 25.

Gold - 3 pts
Platinum - 30 pts
Emerald - 55 pts
Diamond - 80 pts
Diamond Plus - 175 pts
Pinnacle - 700 pts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter