Do you do a Disney holiday every year?

OP95

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

As the title says, I went to Disney for the first time since I was a kid in 2019 and did my first solo trip last year and will be doing the same again this year. I have definitely caught the Disney bug, I was just curious if anyone else does a Disney holiday/vacation once a year or regular trips? I try to look at other holidays but always get drawn back to Disney 😅so it seems it’s definitely my happy place, Hoping I’m not the only one who feels like this !

A ton of people on the DIS go many times a year. Many of us go somewhere in the range of 1-2 times a year. Of late, we've gone annually with this year being twice (knock on wood we aren't prevented from going on our next trip).

You are not alone. It's a disease. LOL

Since 2020 changed the way we (in this household) work and school, we’ve actually upped our visits since we’re not tied to a set schedule. We used to go 1-3 times per year, and now I’d say we average once a month - not necessarily long trips each time, but we make excuses to get there!

I have family that lives near the parks so I tend to do more weekend trips than an entire week or I hop in for a few hours after work whenever I'm visiting them. I don't really consider it a vacation unless I'm staying at a hotel nearby though.

I'm skipping a week long trip next year as I'm planning a trip to Japan but I may do a long weekend stay for Memorial Day so that I don't have to use PTO.

No. We alternate WDW and DL CA. We generally go to one every other year but sometimes we prioritize a different vacation, this year we did Europe instead. We went to DL in July 2021 and won’t go to WDW until April 2024.

I have a second home in Florida so I am able to buy the Pixie Dust AP. Although we have to drive in and stay at a hotel, it is a relative bargain as we have the luxury of attending only on weekdays. I try to go 2-3 times a year for 3-4 days. My favorite hotel lately has been the Swolphin so that I can use Deluxe After Hours. Drive in on a Monday and leave on Thursday.

When the kids were younger we would go every other year. Now they are grown and my husband and I go 2-3 times a year. We just enjoy our trips to Disney, we try different resorts or tow our camper down. We don't always spend all our time in the parks but we just really enjoy the break. I'll admit I'm a creature of habit and travel gives me anxiety. Disney is familiar and I can go without a lot of stress.

When Osborne Lights left so did my desire to go at the holidays. I have been a couple times where I could see some of the decorations but this year will be my first as a full vacation in December.

When my son was little and through his teen years we would go every other year. In the in between year we would take long weekend trips somewhere we could drive to from our home in Georgia. After he left home, I started going every year, still taking a few long weekend trips to places like Savannah, Jekyll Island or the beach in Florida. Then I started going twice a year, once with him and his girlfriend/wife/whatever at the moment and once solo. In the before times I would go at least twice a year and sometime 3 or 4 times. In the after times I've been going anywhere from once a year to 4 times a year. Hubby doesn't like WDW, although my son and I did get him to take a 4 day trip combined with a trip to the beach in our RV one year. He and I take long weekend trips in our RV. He isn't much of a traveller and now that my son has a kid of his own, I've pretty much lost my travel partner. I do long weekends solo but hubby doesn't like me to take longer trips than that anywhere but Disney (cause he doesn't have a choice on that one). Before we got our very spoiled Yorkie, who can't be boarded or left with anyone else, we would take week or longer dive trips.

I've been going pretty much every year in early December for the last half a dozen years, except during 2020.

I usually take 2 trips a year, I'd actually go more but I'm married to someone who isn't a Disney fan.

I live a very long way from Orlando (my trip to Orlando this year is something like a 7 hour flight then a 12 hour flight then a 2 hour flight, then similar on the way home) and somehow have managed an annual WDW trip since 2014, with the exception of 2020 and 2021.

To be honest I actually didn't plan on going last year; went because family were going and decided to go with them.

Then I wasn't planning on going this year; going because I got flights and hotel prices for a price that I just couldn't pass up!

And I now also have a trip planned for next year as I have signed myself up for a runDisney race...

The nice thing about having been a few times is that I now find WDW trips extremely easy to plan. I know what I like, what sort of stuff I want to book in advance, and don't worry too much about fitting in everything during one trip as I'll either have done it before or can plan to do it again on a future trip. This has changed from 2014/2015/2016 when I was planning everything and rushing from place to place just to try to get everything done during the trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter