• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Do you ever DIS to jump start your day?

tinkerfan1

DIS Veteran
Normally, I look at the computer in the evening (or at lunch) when I'm chilling out at the end of the day. However, we've been so stressed out lately that I figured I'd look at DIS before going to work since I have to leave a little later today. Something about the vibes on this board that really gives me happy feelings. Any of you use it as a de-stressing tool, not just an information board? I may not have placed this in the right place. Sorry.

Normally, I look at the computer in the evening (or at lunch) when I'm chilling out at the end of the day. However, we've been so stressed out lately that I figured I'd look at DIS before going to work since I have to leave a little later today. Something about the vibes on this board that really gives me happy feelings. Any of you use it as a de-stressing tool, not just an information board? I may not have placed this in the right place. Sorry.

I am here now, aren't I? :rotfl2:

I have my breakfast in front of the computer normally just to catch up on what may have happend over night.

I'm here too! I know once my work day begins, the stress will start. The DIS is my "happy place" of my mornings! ;)

Every day. I purposely get up an hour before everyone else so I can enjoy my coffee in peace and quiet and I sit at my laptop in the kitchen, coffee in hand :surfweb:, listen to the news, and catch up on FB and DIS :)

I check mousesavers, allears, and the DIS every single a.m. I turn on my computer around 6 a.m. and check for updates. By 7:30 I usually sit down to read the resort and theme park forums. If I miss a morning I feel like I'm missing something. I also use it as stress-relief! I think it really helps me to plan a trip. Right now I'm planning 2 of them! That's a little stressful in that I hope I don't forget anything! But I don't mind that kind of stress!!

Here I sit with my cup of tea as I look outside and see 12-14 inches of snow! There is no school, so right now the house is quiet as the noisemakers sleep. Where else can I go to start a day that I know is going to be filled with LOTS of stress! Here I can plan and obsess about our trip in September and read about other trips where there is no snow and lots of sunshine to remind myself that there really is another "world" out there!

It is the first thing I do every morning while drinking my coffee. :)

All the time! It is the only thing that keeps me going when I look out the window and seeing horrible white stuff (i.e. snow!) falling from the sky! I keep thinking, "DISNEY!"

I never get to DIS in the morning I am so Jealous...but now that I have a snow day I get to DIS!!!

It's funny you say that because I was just thinking about my routine in the a.m.:

Make coffee
Feed kids breakfast
Sit down with laptop and coffee and check in with FB and DIS.

Now that our trip is booked, I'm on here a lot during the day, too. It's slow at work, and I work with other Disney obsessed people (and 1 previous CM)... It cheers us all up!

Have a great day!

I check mousesavers, allears, and the DIS every single a.m. I turn on my computer around 6 a.m. and check for updates. By 7:30 I usually sit down to read the resort and theme park forums. If I miss a morning I feel like I'm missing something. I also use it as stress-relief! I think it really helps me to plan a trip. Right now I'm planning 2 of them! That's a little stressful in that I hope I don't forget anything! But I don't mind that kind of stress!!

O my goodness!!! This is SO me! he-he At least now I know there's somebody else who does exactly what I do...:surfweb:

On the Dis and drinking a cup of coffee after the girls just got on the school bus. And today is a day off...go figure. :cool1::banana::banana:

This thread would be a better fit over on the theme parks community board, so I'm going ot move it over there now.

For sure! I have it up first thing with my coffee just for a quick overview:surfweb:. Then I go back and read things more in-depth! I've been browsing here since before I even decided to join and post, but now I'm glad to participate in the action!

First place I check every morning after I log in :surfweb: It keeps me going through the rest of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter