Do you find yourself apologizing or have you quit telling people?

When family and friends bug me about it, my response is...

If I have to explain it to you, you won't understand. If you understand, no explanation is necessary.

I'm sorry, I can't understand why anyone would feel like they needed to apologize for telling someone you are going to WDW. Are you guys ashamed of going back year after year? Do you think other people see it as a place just for children? Or perhaps you think other people believe WDW is just an amusement park? Somebody please explain it to me, I don't get it.

When I say I'll be off next week, the girl in the office says "DISNEY?" I say yeah. She says, "If I give you some money could you get me a few things..."

I'm in the process of changing jobs. When I interviewed two weeks ago, near the end of the conversation I said, "I have a time share in Florida and we go three times a year. I don't need to get paid for the time, but I will be away three weeks every year". And I didn't even apologize!

Very quickly the two interviewers were suggesting to each other how schedules could be manipulated...

I start the new job on July 19th!

You guys think you have it bad just because you take a yearly or semi yearly vacation to the world:D I am a passholder and have to explain to people why I want to go monthly or when the festivals are at EPCOT I may even go several times during the month......they just don't get it! But really I don't care what they think, spending days at Disney makes me happy and that is all that really matters! I had the same response from my mother every time I mentioned I was going to Disney or for that matter why on earth would I want to go snow skiing every winter! But I also don't see myself sitting in the middle of an ocean on a cruise ship which many people do multiple times of the year but if that is what floats their boat then I say go for it! Disney is my addiction which I guess is better than alcohol or cigarettes........I'm done venting now:sunny:

Alot of people just roll their eyes now when I say we are going out of town, expecially the ones we are close to!:rolleyes: It isn't their business and if it were them they would be happy. I don't care, we love it there.

It's a shame, but some people just don't get it. There are plenty of people who roll their eyes at us when they hear that we're going back yet again, but those are the same people who are calling us asking us for our best Disney tips when they finally decide to go!!

Ann

:earsgirl:

This is our 3rd trip in 3yrs, prior to that they were scattered. I have been going since I have been six and have such great memories which my children are now building. Whenever I tell my family we are going, it is always the same thing, "again?" I remind my father and siblings that I am just building memories for my family as they did for us. My husband is in the military and was deployed last year and we have learned from this experience that you need to be with family and doing what you enjoy the most!!!!!!!!! My children will only be young once. I still have a picture of my mother at I at the Poly from the 70's. Very bad bathing suit but a good memory!!!! We now don't tell family until last minute! ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

Yes, I usually tell people now that we're going out of town or just generalize and say Florida.

I have to tell my aunt who lives in Florida when we go (she meets us there but refuses to go into the parks). She consistently makes fun of me for going to WDW and tells me that Universal is better. The Universal comment has not just been made once. It's made over and over again each time we go. My DD is afraid of Splash Mountain. Can you imagine what she would be like in Universal??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter