Do you have a "Disney Friend?"

Ellajoan

Mouseketeer
I love going to WDW with my family, but it's not something we can afford every year. We also want to experience other places during our summer vacations.

I, however, feel the need for a trip to WDW every year. I start to "itch for the magic" if I haven't been in a while. Lately my husband keeps telling me that I need to find a "Disney Friend"--someone who loves WDW as much as I do and is willing to go with me on these small trips. Does anyone else have a "Disney Friend?"

I may need one soon. :sad2: It's just DD17 and myself, but as she gets older, she may not be able to go when I want to go. I'm so sad about that. I wanted to make a short trip in August for my 40th but she doesn't want to go. "Too hot", she says. :sad1:

My DD is almost 2 1/2 so I will have a Disney buddy for a few years :goodvibes (her daddy would rather pay for us to go than join us! :lmao:). However, I would love to be able to find an adult friend I could enjoy the parks with and not worry about backpacks, snacks or a stroller. :rotfl:

Not from home here, but from the boards, many. My wife is not a WDW fan, but I am, typically twice a year trips there. Other trips she is fine with, she does those, just not WDW. Still hoping. When I do go, I always meet up with folks from the DIS boards most days there. Have met up with many over the years. And in making friends there, we can meet up with those folks if happen to be visiting their cities. Next month we will be taking vacation to east coast, DC, Annapolis area, and meeting up for a day with family whom we have made very good personal friendships, starting from here on the boards.

My awesome cousin is my Disney Friend!!! We had a fantastic trip in October while I left the kids and hubby at home!!!!:goodvibes

So glad that I have a best friend that loves it like I do. :goodvibes

But seeing as I'm 17 it really doesn't help that the rest of my family doesn't like it as much. :sad2:

I probably need to find someone soon too. DS (17) is still glad to go but I'm sure that he'll want to move on and do his own thing at some point. DH doesn't want to go so I might be out of luck one day.

I usually go to WDW solo, and I prefer it that way. Like Dan, I get together with other DIS friends, as well as some local Off Kilter fans.

My Disney Friend and I would probably not go on any trips together because each of our family's love to go to Disney as much as we do....however, she is one person I can talk to about Disney all day long if our family's would allow it. We have often said that we should go into business together....I would be the trip advisor/planner while she would get people interested in DVC (she is a DVC owner and loves talking about it) :goodvibes

I know exactly what you mean. My aunt is my Disney Friend. Five years ago she decided to move to Windermere, FL, about 10 minutes from WDW property. So thanks to my DF I can visit every year, sometimes more than once :love:

I have a friend who enjoys Disney as much as I do and it is nice to have someone who understands why I love it. However, I am a widow and retired. She is married, working and has two young children. Traveling together to WDW is not in the cards for quite a while. I have another friend who is going with me in December to see the Christmas decorations (something I've never done). However, she is not a Disney lover.

I think your DH and mine must be related (I see we are both from Michigan). We are going again for a week in August and he asked me if I realized this will be our 3rd trip in 12 months. I wasn't sure what he was trying to say.:cool1:

He had mentioned the same thing to me as while he loves Disney, he isn't a fanatic like myself.

I probably need to find someone soon too. DS (17) is still glad to go but I'm sure that he'll want to move on and do his own thing at some point. DH doesn't want to go so I might be out of luck one day.
We'll see you there, Linda!!! :cool1: :thumbsup2 :woohoo: You can do Olf Kilter with Nancy and me. :woohoo:

I do is my DH :thumbsup2. He loves it as much as I do and after a few months of being back we both start with I can't wait to go back to disney or when I say what are we going to do to celebrate ....? The answer is always Disney!

I'm single and 58 and can't find that 1 friend that wants to go as aften as I, but since 2006 I've been with, 06-then gf, 07- three buddies who then went in 08 to DL with me, Jan 09-my buddy I've gone with 8 times and his sister, Dec 09- a buddy that basically threw a fit I'd taken all our other friends, but hadn't taken him. In Sept I'm going with my sis, her husband, their daughter, and her 2 yo. I'd bet that last buddy will want to go early in 11. There's always someone who wants to go.

Luckily my best friend loves Disney as much as I do. My DH likes it but doesn't love it like me. He goes about every other time. My 2 boys like it and my DD loves it. My best friend has been 4 times and always with me. She doesn't want to go if we don't go together. Her kids call me their personal tour guide. It's probably a good thing for my family if they get sick of the planning and talking that I have someone else who loves it as much as I do. We are planning a trip in November and have been talking about it since January. We also like to go see Disney movies and play Disney Scene It and go shopping at the Disney Store. She just gets it and it is nice not having to try to explain to someone why you love Disney so much.

I may need one soon. :sad2: It's just DD17 and myself, but as she gets older, she may not be able to go when I want to go. I'm so sad about that. I wanted to make a short trip in August for my 40th but she doesn't want to go. "Too hot", she says. :sad1:

This Is so me:lmao:, my DGF Is anti Disney:rotfl2:, so its me and our 17yo DS:banana: thats been going for the past 10 years. He's getting to the point last year where he wanted to try something else, like DL:confused3. So this year we are doing DL but also WDW:cool1:,but It sounds like maybe he's getting a little tired:scared1:. It Is so sad,on top of being the best Kid I could of Imagin:goodvibes he Is also my best friend,so Its great that hes finding new things and growing Into a young adult but sad that we might be loseing our love for WDW trips together:goodvibes. So I am to looking at trips to WDW posspile by my self:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter