Do you have a summer vacation booked?

HeatherC

Alas...these people I live with ...
We really don’t. Want to go to Acadia National Park for a few days but will probably do that for a long weekend in May. At this point we will probably go to North Conway, NH again since my brother has a condo we can use for free and free is always good. Other than that I guess we are playing things by ear as to how cases and vaccines go.

What about you?

No as we don't believe they will let Americans in Europe and if we take a summer vacation that is where we like to go. We do own a lake home about an hour away from our main home where we spend basically every weekend from April thru August, so it is like a mini vacation every weekend. We go in the fall whenever we are not at an OSU football game or at Disney.

We also don't limit our vacations to summer only, so we don't actually travel much during our summer since we do a lot of stuff in our home state.
Have tossed around the idea of Nova Scotia later in the year, but that's dependent on being able to enter the area.
Where we WANT to go we haven't booked yet, simply because I'd rather wait until they were open, and stayed open, before I booked. And when that happens it won't matter if it's summer or any other time of year!

I can't wait to freely travel anywhere again!

We do have to go to FL for business this weekend, so we are tacking on 2 extra nights to chill out.

I do not have anything booked yet, but I know I'm going somewhere this summer, probably to Vegas.

I'm sure I'll take a beach trip or two with the kids. We had considered going to Texas but I don't know if the kids are still interested. I hate booking a big vacation somewhere when attractions may still be limited or closed.

Nothing yet. We’re still waiting and seeing. We might have to resort to driving as it’s highly unlikely the kids will be able to get vaccinated by summer. Not sure if I really want to go on a plane if they don’t have the vaccine yet.
Kids over 12 might get lucky, but I have a 9yo and they have not even started clinical trials in that age group yet.

Not completely. I have booked SW airfare to Orlando, because there were nonstops at good points value and I can always cancel them and get my points back. But I haven't booked WDW package.

I was looking at flying to the FL panhandle and we could rent a beach house in the Seaside area and stay somewhat distanced from people. DD22 liked the idea of a beach vacation but DD19 wasn't sure there was enough to do. We aren't really sit on the beach all day people.

DH wants Disney because he doesn't want to drive on vacation. And the possibility of nonstop flights means a little less exposure to people in airport/flight. Thinking of taking a day to go to Cocoa Beach for DD22. She offered to do the driving.

Still thinking on it and kind of waiting to see how trends go. We were booked for AKL last summer and bummed that's not an option in May.

Not yet....but I'm always looking....

I will say that it looks like beach trips are going to be extremely popular in 2021. Our places are renting out like crazy! Maybe I need to 'price adjust' accordingly...

Yes, house at the jersey shore. The house we rented is $3500 more this year than last year, I guess everyone has the same idea.
We have been renting a house at the Jersey shore the last few years and I just happened to look yesterday and any house that would fit our needs seems to be already booked. I think we waited too long.

We have been renting a house at the Jersey shore the last few years and I just happened to look yesterday and any house that would fit our needs seems to be already booked. I think we waited too long.
We just booked last week. We’d find a house, decide to go for it, and it would be booked. Some are asking for 2 week minimums. We usually start looking in January, started in November this year but then stopped (bad idea). We literally trued to book 4 homes last week and were told no (One rented to family, two 2 weeker, one had to modify dates due to covid cleaning). We are paying $1700 a night for a house we don’t like from an owner we’ve rented from before who does nit take care of her homes, still the case according to recent reviews.

Jealous! We were there a couple years ago and I fell in love with Southern Utah. Can’t wait to get back there.

I go to a NP every year. My parents took me to WDW every other year as a kid, so I got burnt out on it. I will now go to DL when new attractions open up, so I try to go every couple of years. I'm tentatively backpacking the GC if I can get permits. I had planned to go last year, but COVID pretty much shut it down when I wanted to go. I'm aiming for September/October.

Our NP system is fantastic. I'm surprised more people don't visit them. I don't see a lot of people out on the trails early in the morning or more than a mile or so into a trail. I did see larger crowds than I usually expect at Glacier last year, but that was because half of the park was closed. I need to go back to see the other half and to ride the red bus, which wasn't running when I went.

And I'm not a beach person. When I go to Hawaii, I'll go hiking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter