Do you HAVE to actually attend CP (if buying dining package)?

suzimar57

Miss my Happy Place.
I ask this because you're basically paying ahead for your meal - we want dinner at Le Cellier, but honestly have no desire to attend the CP

It's difficult enough getting ADR's you really want, but when they're part of CP Dining Package (Garden Grill & Le Cellier, in particular) I'd be ok with paying ahead for CP but not actually using the CP seats afterward for the show...

Anyone done this?

The CP package costs more. You are free not to use your seats and skip CP, but if you don’t plan on attending the show it’s probably best just to book a regular ADR so you don’t pay extra for nothing.
Last time I used the CP package pricing was about the same price as ordering the most expensive menu items. CP packages seem to be harder to book then regular ADRs

In my experience, it's easier to book a normal reservation than a candlelight package. So I don't think this will even be an issue. But if it ends up being the case, then you don't have to attend Candlelight after your meal.

I ask this because you're basically paying ahead for your meal - we want dinner at Le Cellier, but honestly have no desire to attend the CP...
No you don't have to attend CP but this PLEASE go back to the drawing board on this idea :teacher:

• You don't pay ahead of time for CP packages
  • You pay more for a CP package than a normal meal
  • CP ADRs are harder to book

Thank you all for your responses - we figured we'd be paying the same amount for the meal anyway (knowing the CP price) - both CP and ADRs are becoming very difficult to book now!

Last time I used the CP package pricing was about the same price as ordering the most expensive menu items. CP packages seem to be harder to book then regular ADRs

I get what you’re saying. In very specific circumstances the credits can be maxed out past the package cost, though for some venues that does not exist.

Typically a $10+ per person premium is built into these kind of show packages. As I’ve followed them through the years, most of the time there was still a gap between maxing out the prices to the package cost. Often not life changing but why pay even an extra $4 or $7 each if you don’t want the show anyway. Often it was a matter of whether or not you chose the one bonus item (like the $15 shake as a drink, or $30 octopus apptzr, etc), that helped bring the cost of the pkg in line with getting the show ‘for free’.

It hasn't been that difficult booking ADRs lately. I got everything I wanted in one go at 60 days and less without a problem. I've also heard the same from many people. Even when going during Christmas week last year, it was surprisingly easy securing the ADRs that I was looking for.

Thank you all for your responses - we figured we'd be paying the same amount for the meal anyway (knowing the CP price) - both CP and ADRs are becoming very difficult to book now!
Concur with PP, ADRs are easy to book now when your window opens. CP booking is entirely dependent on the popularity of your narrator and ranges from easy to gone in minutes (NPH’s nights). And no, the price isn’t the same, currently you think if you order only the most expensive items and a soda you’d break even but there will undoubtedly be a CP price increase for ‘24.

I’m not sure where you’re getting your info but it’s not very good. You’ll be able to book your meal when your window opens just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter