Do you have to show all the passports when you check in?

Dreams&wishes

DIS Veteran
Hello Disboarders,

Do you know if when you check in to the Disney resort you will need to show them your passports like in Europe and leave them to them?
It has been too long I just can't remember!

Thank you

Thanks. Do you know if they will require to see whole the passports of the people on the reservation though?
I check in online and don’t even go to Reception, so I don’t show any passports. You will need an original driving licence and a copy of a passport for every person who wishes to buy alcohol. UOR resorts ask to see the passport of the lead reservation.

They've never asked to see my passport, even when checking in at the desk

In Italy you have to hand in your passports to the reception as they are requested by law to report to the police every single guest of the hotel every day. So I was wondering if we had to do a similar thing at DW

Never ever been asked for a passport at check-in (Canadian). I just provide my driver's licence as ID ;)

They ask for ID at check-in which can be a passport or can be a driving license. They don't take the ID though to keep like some European hotels do. As others have mentioned if you do online check-in then you don't go to reception so don't get asked for any ID directly although I think it might ask for the details during the process. Its just to prove you are who you say you are

Only ever been asked for the ID of the name the room is in Uk Driving license has always been fine- they hardly look at it. Its more of a checking box exercise. They wouls never keep it or scan it, its not a goverment regulation like it is Spain etc

I think asking for a passport is a European thing and a bad one.

When you checkin at a Disney resort you checkin online and dont need to visit the reception to do so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter