Do you HAVE to use mobile order?

acarsme123

DIS Veteran
If a quick service place at Disney World has a mobile order option, so you have to use it? Or can you still do walk up? Thanks.

We did both in February. There were no places were went that were exclusive to MO. That being said we loved using MO. It was easy, quick, and we always got to pick our pickup time. Some of those times were at the moment we ordered by clicking "Here Now".

We really are done waiting in line behind angry folks all with different kinds of this and that request taking 20 minutes to order corndog nuggets. Not being negative but there you have it.

We did both in February. There were no places were went that were exclusive to MO. That being said we loved using MO. It was easy, quick, and we always got to pick our pickup time. Some of those times were at the moment we ordered by clicking "Here Now".

We really are done waiting in line behind angry folks all with different kinds of this and that request taking 20 minutes to order corndog nuggets. Not being negative but there you have it.
Well I noticed even at a place like the caramel place in Epcot they have mobile order…which for a place like that I wouldn’t know what I’d want until I saw it in person, if ya get my drift?

Most QS will have walk up ordering available, but they encourage Mobile. There were a few that were strict on Mobile only.
Personally, I love mobile ordering and use it every chance for QS.

Well I noticed even at a place like the caramel place in Epcot they have mobile order…which for a place like that I wouldn’t know what I’d want until I saw it in person, if ya get my drift?

I walked up to Karamel Kuche and waited in line - I also wanted to see the items before I ordered. I did not use mobile order there - just be prepared, the line can get long.

I walked up to Karamel Kuche and waited in line - I also wanted to see the items before I ordered. I did not use mobile order there - just be prepared, the line can get long.
Thanks, never have tried this place out in past visits but it sounds good. Between this and the Flower and Garden booths I’ll be overwhelmed with good food choices!

I also stood in line at Karamel Kuche. Besides, if you mobile order and the place is out of what you ordered, you have a dilemma. Better to see what's there.
With the exception of there, I found that in parks, you are often required to use MO. Satuli Canteen wouldn't even let me into the building until I showed them the blue screen that said my order was ready. However, no resort (and I ate at a lot of different resorts!) required mobile order.

Cosmic Rays is still strict on mobile order and had CMs asking to see the screen that shows your order is ready on your phone before allowing you in.

They definitely encourage it. I noticed that during the busy lunch and dinner times there was a very long line for walk-up. You likely wouldn't wait too long on a not so busy day but those seem to be few and far between lately.

On our trip 3 weeks ago, you had to have a mobile order for Harbor House. We ended up mobile ordering everywhere we went and made quick service much less stressful.

We just returned. We tried to eat at Regal Eagle in epcot. You could not even enter the building without preordering, then the window to preorder was about 30 minutes in the future. We could tell by all the disgruntled people standing around that the waits after ordering were long, so we left.
i had wanted to eat there because i have celiac disease and must eat gluten free. We walked back to China, where my son was able to walk up and order food. I just didn’t eat.
The line for the QS at Mexico was CRAZY long. I couldnt tell if it was all preorder or not. Finally later, I was really needing food, and I was able to walk up and get some chicken in Sunshine Seasons.
We were able to get a ADR in MK, so didn’t try walk up there. But at the resort, it was a big pain if you didn’t think well in advance of your family getting hungry and preorder. People were NOT enjoying it at AKL. I like the option of preorder, but not the requiremen. We actually drove to Chick Fil A from AKLone day instead.

One thing I noticed at the Mara at AKL (if that's what the PP was referring to) was that at least one item I know for a fact they have--the "allergy" Mickey waffles (they're gluten-free and vegan)--isn't listed on the MO menu. So a person who wants that is forced to order with a CM, and there are times when the only CM on duty there is also the person at the register.

I don't know why these waffles aren't listed on the MO menu. At POFQ's QS, the plant-based waffles are a separate MO menu item, so you don't need to talk to anyone to order them.

In October we went to quite a few places which were asking for mobile orders. We just told them that we were paying in cash and needed to order inside. They just directed us inside to place our order.

Good luck to those people trying to do anything at WDW, a place that's become extremely smartphone-oriented.
⬆️ This.

i don’t like the trend. i didnt want to be on my phone every moment during vacation. It is the reason (along with stubborn irritation at the change) that I did not buy Genie +. Even my sons, 14 & 21, typical ‘phone kids‘ in every other sense, did not like to have to keep pulling them out to look at ride times, etc. (Disney succeeded in my kids actually wanting to leave their phones in their pockets!) But you couldn’t do that and get anything accomplished.
Sometimes, but very rarely, we came upon a lone Ride Times Board, and we preferred those because everything was on one list.
when we went in for our dinner reservation at Skipper Jungle, we were given a QR code to scan for the menu 😞

We mobile ordered at ABC Commissary the other day. Without mobile order the cast member said it was a 45 minute wait for food. We waited six minutes.

One thing I noticed at the Mara at AKL (if that's what the PP was referring to) was that at least one item I know for a fact they have--the "allergy" Mickey waffles (they're gluten-free and vegan)--isn't listed on the MO menu. So a person who wants that is forced to order with a CM, and there are times when the only CM on duty there is also the person at the register.

A similar thing happened to me at Gasparilla Grill-an item I knew they had was not on the mobile order list. Come to think of it, it also happened to me at Mara. That's one reason why it's always preferable to go there and order in person. Resorts have always allowed that for me, theme park eateries, not so much. Satuli Canteen wouldn't let me in until I got the blue screen telling me that my order was ready.

Good luck to those people trying to do anything at WDW, a place that's become extremely smartphone-oriented.

We are going to struggle with this. As overseas visitors we have no choice but to rely on the parks wifi which is really not good. We also travel with cash as we don't want to be hit with a foreign currency conversion fee everytime we use our card. It also helps us lock in an exchange rate. I'm assuming cash is not possible with mobile ordering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter