• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you leave any items in a stroller?

We each carry our phones/cash/cards/anything of value on our person and everything else gets left in bag under stroller. We also string little lights around our stroller to find it easier at night and have a neon yellow bandanna tied to the handle to help find it during the day. Never had any issues.

We leave some things in the stroller. Diapers, wipes, sweatshirts, etc. We take the valuable stuff with us and we typically don’t buy souvenirs until on our way out.

I've used a stroller at Disney for around 10 years worth of trips and never had anything stolen - like others said, we take a small bag with valuables on the rides.

On our second park day, I started getting a little lazy (tired, hot, etc.) and left some more items in my stroller such as cooling towels and water sandals (in a bag). We had no problems!

Only leave stuff in your stroller that you wouldn't be sad to be without.

The vast majority of people have nothing stolen. But do you want to be one of the unlucky ones?

I wouldn't leave things of obvious value in the stroller like a purse/wallet/cell phone/etc. so you aren't providing an opportunity for a problem. However, snacks or suntan lotion doesn't seem like things anyone at Disney would be looking to walk off with.

Back in the day we’d leave things, now, not so much. Yes, leave the rain cover. When my DGS was young I had a quick change pack with diapers, wipes, and ointment that I’d grab instead of fighting him and a backpack and no one ever touched it but I had backups in the backpack. DO NOT leave any snacks because the birds and squirrels WILL get in them!
I think generally things are Okay but there are always a handful of untrustworthy people. A few years ago I accidentally left my phone in the cup holder in fantasyland and we ended up in Adventureland before I realized it! It was still there so I got lucky!
We leave a couple things in the bottom - maybe a jacket and some water bottles, some spare clothes. We bring the important items with us in a diaper bag backpack. We leave a rain cover and probably our stroller fan in the bottom of the stroller too. Haven't had an issue but again, we take the important things with us.

Yes, we have left stuff in the stroller, a rain shield is a must... A fan attached to it, Diapers, wipes, change of clothing for the kiddo's, shoes, maybe a water proof jacket or two, sun screen, a hat.. half a container of pringles, some kid snacks, a collapsible cooler with capri suns, and a couple cans of coke

Never anything of value, DH with his wallet, me with my crossbody...stay on us at all times.

We never have had anything taken, except a little squirrel bandit, dumped the popcorn out, all over the seat... thankfully left the Star Wars container it was in.. :squirrel::squirrel::squirrel::squirrel::squirrel:

Thieves specially target people being lazy that leave something of value unattended. They don't target smart people that guard their valuable. Don't let them catch you with your guard down, even in Disney.

-Paul

That is super cute! Is the blue part a pencil protector case? The type that fasten into a notebook? It looks like that size. You fastened it with zip ties?

As for the main question, I'm with the group: I'd leave diapers, wipes, drinks, sunscreen, etc. in the storage area /covered by a blanket ... but not valuables. I wouldn't carry a wallet into the parks ... just a couple dollars and a credit card in my pocket. Sometimes I carry a phone, sometimes I carry a small camera ... with the baby, we'll definitely take a camera. We don't buy souvenirs , so no problem with that.

On our next trip we'll have a baby and will want to bring snacks ... have not considered squirrels. Would a heavy-plastic container deter them, or should I look for an old metal lunchbox on ebay?
Thieves specially target people being lazy that leave something of value unattended. They don't target smart people that guard their valuable. Don't let them catch you with your guard down, even in Disney.
You've heard the term: crimes of opportunity.

I wouldn't leave things of obvious value in the stroller like a purse/wallet/cell phone/etc. so you aren't providing an opportunity for a problem. However, snacks or suntan lotion doesn't seem like things anyone at Disney would be looking to walk off with.
I would be careful leaving snacks spent about 15 minutes enjoying our snack watching the squirrels going from stroller to stroller eating snacks and licking the sippy cups. granted they are not human thieves but not sure you want to enjoy those snacks later

Our snacks were in ziplock type bags or plastic containers, so much harder for critters to get at LOL.

We always bring a backpack cooler in the parks with water and Gatorade that we hang on the back of the stroller and we keep a diaper bag in the bottom. We've always left the cooler on the seat of the stroller when we park it and we have been fortunate that no one has ever taken it.

That is super cute! Is the blue part a pencil protector case? The type that fasten into a notebook? It looks like that size. You fastened it with zip ties?

As for the main question, I'm with the group: I'd leave diapers, wipes, drinks, sunscreen, etc. in the storage area /covered by a blanket ... but not valuables. I wouldn't carry a wallet into the parks ... just a couple dollars and a credit card in my pocket. Sometimes I carry a phone, sometimes I carry a small camera ... with the baby, we'll definitely take a camera. We don't buy souvenirs , so no problem with that.

On our next trip we'll have a baby and will want to bring snacks ... have not considered squirrels. Would a heavy-plastic container deter them, or should I look for an old metal lunchbox on ebay?
You've heard the term: crimes of opportunity.
Sorry, I don’t know what it is made out of. I bought it off of Etsy.

Only leave items in your stroller that you are of no value or sentimental value. I have experienced strollers been taken many times so we used to leave small item in stroller, such as park maps, towels, water bottles and other minor items. Also tie items to stroller so hard to remove. You used to get a sheet with your name on it to put in cover for stroller. A cheap lanyard works well

Our first stroller trip we had a $20 umbrella stroller (no sun shade, no storage, nothing) so everyone had to carry their own stuff!. My 5 yr old had her own mini backpack with her stuff and my 3 yr old had her own personal sherpa (me) carry her stuff in a backpack. Another plus (back-in-the-day) our stroller was butt ugly and I'm sure no one would've wanted it! (we really didn't think the cheap thing would make it through the trip, but the darn thing survived - so long in fact my neighbor asked if she could take it!) gee they just don't make 'em like they used to!

Our snacks were in ziplock type bags or plastic containers, so much harder for critters to get at LOL.
I have seen critters chew ziploc bags and saw one squirrel pop lids of plastic containers. if using plastic containers make sure lids twist on not pop on and from what I have seen ziplocs are easy to chew into

Well if critters chew a ziploc bag or open a plastic container, obviously you would be able to tell when you returned. Doubt any critter knows hot to reclose a plastic lid.

We leave the diaper bag on the stroller and water bottles but anything of value is actually kept in my fanny pack which I take on and off rides all day. I even keep a diaper in there just in case the stroller does walk off. The only thing of value is my kids lanyards sometimes if they happen to wear them to the park that day. I tend to stuff them into the diaper bag so they're not visible.

I tend not to buy many suviniors early in the day at the parks. Maybe when we are leaving otherwise its just a pin or something which fits in my fanny pack. The rest we buy on the way out of the parks. The only thing we regularly buy walking in is those stupid bubble wands....my kids LOVE them but by the end I think all the adults are secretly hoping someone swipes them off the stroller LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter