Do you like where you live?

I've got a good friend who lives on the outskirts of Perth, Australia. Her husband is an avid American vintage car nut, who's in a neverending state of frustration. It's so expensive to import a vintage vehicle from North America, that he enjoys that pic's that I send her from all the vintage car shows we go to during the summer months, with our vintage vehicles.

I love living in Southern California. In particular L.A. County. I wouldn't leave because of the culture at my fingertips. Where I'm located the freeway system makes everything accessible.... From the mountains to the sea.

It has a huge great library system, the museums are great, and it's a quick trip to Pasadena when I want to catch a foreign film.

We've got the best mix of diverse cultures to experience. Southeast of me is Little India, South is Little Saigon. There is Korea Town, Little Tokyo, East L. A. and soooo many more to experience.

You can't beat the weather....except for this week.

Plus, I like the fact that we generally have earthquakes instead of hurricanes, floods, and tornados. Earthquakes are a dry disaster... unless it's raining or a water main breaks.

How does that song go..."I love L.A." .....county.

The reason snowwhite, tink and shelly want to move to the US is because none of them live in Melbourne! Much as I love the States nothing beats where I live, I love traveling and I love coming home too. Oh and Shelly, we have great Mexican food down here :)

My Daughter & I have been to Melbourne & really liked it. ALso saw the penguins at Phillip Island.
Kinda feel bad, but it still didnt top Anaheim!:confused3

We live in Adelaide, Australia, but used to live in Sydney. We really love Adelaide, but we also have an enormous desire to live in the US one day. DH said he has always felt like he was an American living in Australia. It is really weird that you can go somewhere and it feels like home instantly!

Totally agree with you!!!!:thumbsup2

so with all the "GO GREEN" stuff going on right now, our school made some posters about going green and stop the red cup madness downtown, and they put up these posters all over school, at first i didnt really pay attention till i noticed the house in the picture is MINE:rotfl2:
I am going to college in CHICO,ca and love living here, there is no better place to spend your youth:thumbsup2
DSC01847-1.jpg
:wizard:

The reason snowwhite, tink and shelly want to move to the US is because none of them live in Melbourne! Much as I love the States nothing beats where I live, I love traveling and I love coming home too. Oh and Shelly, we have great Mexican food down here :)

I have had the opportunity to visit Melbourne a couple times through the years (my DH's brother and family live there....I think DH has been at least 6 times)
it is a nice city......especially for the BRAVE

oops editing this....I have been to Melbourne and liked it (saw the Pixar exibit while I was there) but this is BRISBANE!

GetAttachment_aspx.jpeg

image0-2.jpg

My 2 adult children & I live in Sydney Australia, 50 mins by train to the Harbour Bridge & Opera House.
We thought we liked living here til our last 2 trips tp DL, and now we are convinced that we are Americans trapped in Aussie bodies. Whenever we go out to eat we all comment "Oh that wouldnt happen in Anaheim", we dont have free refills of sodas, no mexican food, no Walmart....I could go on & on.
What to do? Meet a nice American man, marry him & move to the States?:rotfl:
Really Sydney is an awesome city, but once you are bitten by the USA bug you have no hope!:confused3

My family have made two trips to Sydney, it is a lovely town and a beautiful country.

100_0435.JPG

I love living in Southern California. In particular L.A. County. I wouldn't leave because of the culture at my fingertips. Where I'm located the freeway system makes everything accessible.... From the mountains to the sea.

It has a huge great library system, the museums are great, and it's a quick trip to Pasadena when I want to catch a foreign film.

We've got the best mix of diverse cultures to experience. Southeast of me is Little India, South is Little Saigon. There is Korea Town, Little Tokyo, East L. A. and soooo many more to experience.

You can't beat the weather....except for this week.

Plus, I like the fact that we generally have earthquakes instead of hurricanes, floods, and tornados. Earthquakes are a dry disaster... unless it's raining or a water main breaks.

How does that song go..."I love L.A." .....county.

I am an LA County grad! So I love LA County too :)
Class of 1985 LA County/ USC medical center school of nursing

for those of you who don't know it is the hospital you see at the opening of "General Hospital" soap. The big white mama as we used to call her.....

I would like to live by the water...ideally, Malibu, Ventura, north shore maui or oahu. Ahhh...my dream!

we moved from Ventura to Boise right after my DD was born

image0_1.jpg

If I won the lottery you could get me to move back to Montecito or Ojai.....besides that not so much.I would live here and vacation on the beach

I too live in Sydney and wish I lived in the States. I love LOVE LOVE Anaheim and surrounding areas. Would Love to one day live in Fullerton as I really liked that area while I was in it.

I have never felt so more at home when walking around in the Yankees or Cubs jerseys I was wearing on my last trip (So cheap in the states compared to Australia) and being able to talk game stats and players with people.

I just need to find me a nice lady who wants to marry me so I can get a green card :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: COuld happen. Right?? :confused3 :laughing:

The only thing good here are my friends and family. I find living in vegas really boring because theres not much to do, if your not in to drinking and clubbing and your to poor to buy show tickets all the time >.< I would like to move to California so I could have an AP and go to the beach etc. :beach:

I like livin in the Old Pueblo. My dad was Air Force also and it was a pain movin all the time. Just about everything you could need,can be found in town. I just wish the lakes were a little closer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter