Do you miss Disney Downtown?

I miss the Adventurer's Club and some of the other clubs on that side of Downtown Disney, but other than the AC we didn't go there very often. Even now, we'll go to Disney Springs for dinner but that's about it. The rest is mostly a giant, high-end shopping mall. No thanks.

I find it amusing that it's supposed to reflect what small-town America is like.

Most of my life has been lived in small rural Kansas communities, 1200-3000 pop.

We sure didn't have designer outlets, and very few such towns had fast food restaurants. Some really great family-owned ones, though. It was quite a town if there was more than one grocery store.

Ain't much in DS anymore that reminds me of those little towns. I bet Walt would agree.

The clubs were so much fun when it was Pleasure Island -pre–Downtown Disney. The Adventurers Club, Comedy Club, and the Music Venue Clubs. I like the restaurants in Disney Springs, but enough with the overpriced stores.

To me its essentially the same. I'd prefer to see more unique stores, but was always the case. Nice place to have a meal, hangout, maybe shop at WoD and get some ice cream. But not really a shopping destination for us.

All that said, I still call it Downtown Disney because I like the name better and I like to be stubborn. Same with MGM.

Downtown Disney had 3 parts. A shopping area, pleasure island and still West side. The shopping area was nothing great way back except world of Disney was always there also a MCD’s. West side was similar to what it is now but a lot of new names I do miss Disney quest had a few fun things. Out of all pleasure island. Adventures club I still have pins - they gave out one or two a night- the creed and hand typed letter that was “delivered” to me. I enjoyed a few of the club but they were better when the cage was open that turned into the 80’s one and where I spent most of my time Mannequins in my 20s- the opening show and dancers were amazing but that went away after a while. Let’s not forget the rolling bars and New Year’s Eve fireworks and confettI. Yes I mis it but I also miss being young enough to go the parks all day and PI until 1am wake up the next day and repeat.

To me nothing much has changed it is still largely an outdoor shopping mall with various restaurants. Was never clear exactly why they changed the name. With most visitors already exhausted from spending all day at one of the four parks, not sure how big of a draw Pleasure Island was as a late night attraction.

The only thing I miss is that I wasn't old enough to experience Pleasure Island. From what I've seen and heard, I would've LOVED the Adventurer's Club.

It was a different time at the parks back then. Not near the stress and constant on the go like it is now. PL was the place to go at night when the parks closed.

The only thing I miss is that I wasn't old enough to experience Pleasure Island. From what I've seen and heard, I would've LOVED the Adventurer's Club.
I started going to the Adventurers Club when I was 6. I still remember coming down the stairs with my parents and my sisters and one of the characters exclaiming "The pygmies are here!".

I remember when it was Disney Village--the forerunner of DD and DS. I loved the Village, but I prefer DS to DD in the present day ::yes::

My biggest gripe is removing the bus depot at the end of DS, near the Christmas store....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter