Do you need FOTL access the first week in Oct or week before Mem Day?

dutton

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip to Orlando either the week before Mem. Day or the 1st week in Oct. I would love to stay on site, but I have 4 kids and we would have to get 2 rooms and I don't think it is in our budget. I could probably swing $300/night for 3 nights but I dont see any rates below $209. But if those 2 weeks have pretty slow times, then maybe off site would be ok. Thanks for any advice!! This will be our first trip to US and IOA -- we are Disney junkies!!

We are staying at RPR the week before Memorial Day and these are the rates I was quoted for a standard/garden view room:

RPR $157 FAN Club
RPR $167 AAA

HRH $179 FAN
HRH $191.20 AAA

The Fan Club rate of $157 at RPR almost fits into your budget. I don't know how crowded the parks will be, but I do know FOTL is priceless and worth every penny of the extra money we spend on rooms.

I was at IOA the week before Memorial Day in 2002 (stayed offsite) and it was pretty crowded. In 2003, we stayed onsite and it was wonderful. I'm so spoiled by FOTL that I won't stay offsite again. Not only is FOTL wonderful, but being within walking distance to the parks is equally wonderful.

Check your dates online using promotional codes AAA and FAN (Fan Club). You'll of course need an AAA membership or Fan Club card if you book either of those rates. The Fan Club card is free. You can also call 1-800-BEASTAR and ask about Entertainment rates. If the rates are good, then go ahead and book and purchase an Entertainment book/card. If they only give you rates for pool view, ask if they have garden view. Garden view is always cheaper, but they didn't tell me that they had garden view available until I specifically asked them.

Hope this helps. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter