Do you remember e-nights?

MelissathePooh

Disney Regular
Of what I would give for an e-night instead of emh! $12 a person, 5000 tickets, the MK after dark.....yeah that will never happen again will it:rolleyes:

I remember them! Oh, they were absolute bliss, and I am sorry to say that I agree with you about them never coming back. :sad1:

Yes, I remember these! They were the best. This was right when my Disney obsession was coming into full swing, and it was just my DH and I (no kids yet). I can still remember being in the MK, and the CM at Space Mountain let us use this back entrance so we could go on the ride over and over without having to go ALL THE WAY through the regular line again. It was heaven. I wish they would do these again- the EMH nights they do now are a joke!

Oh, E-Nights were HEAVEN!!! Now the PM EMH has taken over and it sucks! I remember literally running through Space Mountain's line over and over and over it was so cool!!

I remember e-nights. I think the EMH hours are fine too, but I haven't been in 3 years, so we'll see how they are in May.

Yeah, I remember 'em and miss 'em sorely! As a local, I can't use EMH so it was nice to have the e-night option.

E-ride Nights were AWESOME soooo much better than Evening EMH. We did them every night that they were offered on our trips! Yeah, they are not coming back. :(

Those were truly the best of times! EMH is ok and all but comes nowhere close to those evenings of ride bliss.

Those were some sweet times! Around the same time as the old Food and Fun plan...ahh the memories!

They had just discontinued them around the time of our first trip. I am so sorry I never got to do one. I'd gladly pay more than $12 a person for that sort of thing!

I loved those nights. Then, Disney took them away, saying that guests really wanted to see characters. So, they sent characters to various resorts each morning. Well....that ended quickly. No one cared one whit about them. So...Disney came up with EMH mornings/evenings. Not comparable to E-nights in any way. Man, would I love to see them come back.

Hi Diane,

Just to respectfully correct your post: the Character Caravan replaced what used to be called "Surprise Mornings," which was the forerunner of morning EMH.

The Character Caravan premiered not long after the September 11 attacks, when attendance was very low. The Character Caravan ended in September 2002.

Heck yeah I remember e-nights!!

I fondly recall sitting on benches all over MK - and watching my boys run past again and again and again - on so many rides.

And when they didnt run past (like on Splash and BTMRR) I knew they got themselves a good row they could stay put in!

YES! I loved e-nights!

Remember when they initially didnt even announce them?? No one knew about them, but Disney internet junkies - the parks would be E M P T Y ! ! ! !

Then, Disney took them away, saying that guests really wanted to see characters.

Actually, there were characters there on E-nights. I'll never forget the night when Chip & Dale rode the elevator with us to ride the rockets. My girls' eyes were big as saucers on the elevator! :lmao:

There were so few people during E-night that characters would just wander around and pretty much play with the people there....very cool!:cloud9:

I was bitter about the character caravans for a long time - much preferred ee and e-night! I know about business and profit and all, but boy - those were some good times while they lasted. Don't get me wrong - still love Disney, go often, but now everything is a festival or promotion. I think its kinda lost its old intimate feel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter