Do you remember when Disney had the Magic Kingdom Club?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
From the 80's to the 90's various companies would participate in Disney's Magic Kingdom Club and it was a nice way to score discounts and save money on Disneyland and Walt Disney World vacations and it was such a neat club. Besides Disney vacations the Magic Kingdom Club would give you discounts on Disney Store purchases Disney World On Ice shows and much more. It's a shame that Disney did away with the Magic Kingdom Club and they should revive it someday because it was so easy to book a Disney vacation with this amazing club
Did you belong to Disney's Magic Kingdom Club?

From the 80's to the 90's various companies would participate in Disney's Magic Kingdom Club and it was a nice way to score discounts and save money on Disneyland and Walt Disney World vacations and it was such a neat club. Besides Disney vacations the Magic Kingdom Club would give you discounts on Disney Store purchases Disney World On Ice shows and much more. It's a shame that Disney did away with the Magic Kingdom Club and they should revive it someday because it was so easy to book a Disney vacation with this amazing club
Did you belong to Disney's Magic Kingdom Club?
Yes! Those were the days! We were able to do Disney World a lot more back then.

During the time my family went to Disneyland during the 90's we relied a lot on Disney's Magic Kingdom Club and on all our trips to Disneyland being a part of that club really helped us a lot. My aunt also was a Magic Kingdom Club member and because of her my family got some good deals on our only Walt Disney World trip and the discounts Magic Kingdom Club had for vacations was amazing because if you were a member it really made Disney vacations very easy to plan. But my mom and I moved on to use it on Disney Store purchases when we would shop Disney Store in our mall. Why Disney discontinued Magic Kingdom Club I don't understand because I wish Disney would create a new version of Magic Kingdom Club today because it would save people a lot of money on Disney vacations as well as get discounts on Disney Store purchases and Disney+ offers as well

If I remember correctly, back then if you were a Disney shareholder you got complementary membership too.

Pre-Covid, Disney was talking about starting some kind of (probably paid) membership program. Haven't seen anything on it since Chapek got the boot, though.

yup, the credit union we belonged to back then offered it to members. i clearly remember that whenever someone at worked mentioned planning a trip to disneyland someone would immediatly ask if they were a member of the magic kingdom club and if not explained the benefits.

Yes, we were members. I remember that DH's company offered membership. It seems to me that's how you got to be a member, through your employer.

Yes! I belonged to a work-related association, and it was the only perk I used.

Yes! DH was a member. As I recall MKC ended in early 2000’s about the time the Disney Visa launched. That’s how we became “Day One” cardholders.

A revival of the Disney Magic Kingdom Club could work and I think it would be successful if it was brought back. And if Magic Kingdom Club was launched in a new version one of the perks offered to members would be unlimited use of Genie+ for free at Disneyland and at Walt Disney World and special access to members-only character meet and greets at Disney Parks similar to the Chase Disney Visa character meet and greets. Special deals on Disney+ packages and Disney Store deals would also be offered to the members of the new Magic Kingdom Club as well. Why I mainly think Magic Kingdom Club went broke was because I think Visa secretly had plans to design their own Disney club and when Chase teamed up with Disney Visa knew that this would be a start to begin marketing a Disney club and when you look at it you can see why Chase and Disney make a winning team and if a Magic Kingdom Club was revived someday Chase would sponsor it

I was a member through my credit union, and as a stockholder. Great perks.

Yes! DH was a member. As I recall MKC ended in early 2000’s about the time the Disney Visa launched. That’s how we became “Day One”R cardholders.
Exactly. The Disney VISA card replaced the MKC.
A revival of the Disney Magic Kingdom Club could work and I think it would be successful if it was brought back. And if Magic Kingdom Club was launched in a new version one of the perks offered to members would be unlimited use of Genie+ for free at Disneyland and at Walt Disney World and special access to members-only character meet and greets at Disney Parks similar to the Chase Disney Visa character meet and greets. Special deals on Disney+ packages and Disney Store deals would also be offered to the members of the new Magic Kingdom Club as well. Why I mainly think Magic Kingdom Club went broke was because I think Visa secretly had plans to design their own Disney club and when Chase teamed up with Disney Visa knew that this would be a start to begin marketing a Disney club and when you look at it you can see why Chase and Disney make a winning team and if a Magic Kingdom Club was revived someday Chase would sponsor it
Rubbish. MKC didn't go broke. Disney decided a credit card would make more money. Originally Bank One, not Chase, was involved.
Disney offers DVC and AP discounts. Disney Credit card replaced the MKC for general public discounts.

Disney doesn't offer free Genie, or even discounted Genie, to AP holders, DVC or club level guests. I think Golden Oaks or Club 33 members get some Genie perks.
SW has multiple credit cards. Cards with higher annual fees get extra perks. I can envision a Disney Gold or Platinum card with some extra benefits. Unlimited Genie access. Hotel discount in excess of 50%. Offered exclusively on February 29th.

SW has multiple credit cards. Cards with higher annual fees get extra perks. I can envision a Disney Gold or Platinum card with some extra benefits. Unlimited Genie access.
That might be the way to do it! Follow the airline model of offering 3 or 4 different credit cards from a $0 annual fee up to a $500 fee that offers things like free G+, access to a lounge (alla DVC lounges), double cash back, etc, etc. And they could farm out the management of it to Chase (one less thing for them to screw up on the IT side. LOL). It could work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter