Do you sell on eBay?

I've been selling on ebay close to 2 decades personally, and flipping since 2014. Did 20k in sales last year on the flipping side with ~50% of that in profit.

Going to be interesting going forward since they're 1099ing above $600 in sales. Should scare off a lot of my competition who weren't doing things above board in the first place.

interesting, when does the 1099 start? And what do you sell?

interesting, when does the 1099 start? And what do you sell?
The rules change this year. Previously it was $20,000 and 200 transactions. Now it's >$600 with no minimum transactions.

I sell car parts primarily but I'll do stuff outside of that at times though depending on what I find. I resold some Dooney and Bourke Magic bands that shopdisney clearanced at one point. Whatever makes money.

what do you sell?

A lot of random stuff - the last 6 months we have been clearing out excess from my husband's sports memorabilia collection... cards, Starting Lineups, magazines, etc. Also a lot of HO train stuff, small batch of records I wanted to downsize, a small portion of my old My Little Pony collection, some of the kids toys they mo longer play with, etc. So I guess a lot of hobby related stuff right now of varying ages.

I sold a bunch of Longaberger a year ago. Crazy how much people were willing to pay for dishes we ate off of for 15 years 😂. Unfortunately, VA already had the $600 reporting threshold in place before the IRS...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter