• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you shake hands?

How do you know that the person not wearing their mask didn't just pick their nose before shaking your hand? I think that your logic is a bit flawed.
I don’t and you and I didn’t 2 1/2 years ago. I do know that I’ve made it 62 years without catching any life threatening infectious diseases. i wash my hands more often than I ever have. I’m mindful not to touch my face.
Next time you”re in a situation where masks are required watch. Masked individuals generally touch their masks and face area much more often. Everything they’ve touched gets deposited on the mask. In turn all of the germs from their mask gets deposited on the surfaces they touch. So unless you‘re swapping out your masks for new with ridiculous regularity you have a whole bunch of bad stuff living right outside you nose and mouth.

Thanks for reading

I don’t and you and I didn’t 2 1/2 years ago. I do know that I’ve made it 62 years without catching any life threatening infectious diseases. i wash my hands more often than I ever have. I’m mindful not to touch my face.
Next time you”re in a situation where masks are required watch. Masked individuals generally touch their masks and face area much more often. Everything they’ve touched gets deposited on the mask. In turn all of the germs from their mask gets deposited on the surfaces they touch. So unless you‘re swapping out your masks for new with ridiculous regularity you have a whole bunch of bad stuff living right outside you nose and mouth.

Thanks for reading
But with everything else they touch (doorknobs, railings, keyboards, cellphones, tablets, steering wheels, etc), I have a hard time believing the MASK is that much more of an issue.

I don't think that handshaking is the problem. After all, we touch a lot of things on a daily basis. The real problem is that people are gross. They don't wash their hands often and many don't wash their hands before handling food and eating. That one, simple step of washing your hands before you touch your face, or touch your food, makes a world of difference. Before covid, I swear that we were the only family that washed their hands before eating at a restaurant. We would order our food, and then go wash up before touching any utensils or drinks, etc. Never saw any other people do that.

What grosses me out the most is the people who don't wash their hands after using the bathroom. 🤮

I shake hands when I need to deal with someone in power and I squeeze tightly just to give them the message that I am not a push over. Other than that it is a hug with those I know.

Thanks for reading

But, how is the fact that they "deposited" everything they touched to their mask any different then those germs actually being on their hands? After all, it was their hands that deposited the germs. People have always touched every surface that they came in contact with, nothing has changed. It sounds like you have an objection to wearing masks and are trying to make this into something more then it is. People are gross, always have been. It has nothing to do with masks. People have always touched things, touched their hair, rubbed their nose, touched their glasses. But to you, only masks are filthy? Whatever.

I prefer this type of greeting:

R.81def28067323750297c66f28ee656bc

Yes, people are shaking hands in my area, but maybe not quite as quickly/frequently. I think there's a lot of folks like me that no longer offer my hand in greeting (unless I accidentally forget and do it out of habit). That cuts down the number of handshakes considerably. But honestly, that's just me trying to be thoughtful of others' concerns. I don't mind shaking hands and I always respond when someone extends their hand to me.

Thanks for reading
The whole idea of wearing the mask, though, is to prevent germs from getting into your nose and mouth, where they then enter your system. If they work right, they stay on the outside. I don’t think that touching a mask is any worse than touching everyday surfaces, really. Also, mask is not a good growth medium, like mucous membranes, or even hands, are.

I have not been shaking hands since 2020, and avoided it when I could. It did feel odd today to not shake the hand of the guy who came to pressure wash the house, because I have done business with him for maybe 20 years now. I was wearing a mask and he wasn’t.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter