Do you stay at the same resort?

Boopuff

DIS Veteran
Do you have a fave resort that you return to on every trip? Or do you mix it up? We are a "mix it up" family. We do have our hands down fave resorts (BC, SSTHV) and we have our never again places (POP). We aren't DVC owners (maybe one day...)

Mix it up, rarely stay at same place (only Pop and CSR so far), although I’d make exception for POFQ and AKL. Only offsite place we return to is Marriott Cypress Harbour- I’d stay here all the time!

We’ve tried other resorts but we seem to mostly rotate between our favourites, Pop, POFQ and the Poly. :)

We like to mix it up! Our only repeat as a couple has been ASMo because we couldn’t pass up a deal for a cheap 3 day trip (that said - don’t think we’d stay there again!!)

We may return to a few more than once, but we don't stay at the very same one every single trip. :) On the flip side, staying at least once at each and every WDW resort isn't a bucket list item for us either. :)

We’ve stayed at several places but stay OKW and Boardwalk most often, for point value and because we love the location of BWV (We’re DVC) Though Poly is our new fave after our last two stays. Trying for WL next trip for the first time, hope we get it!

We mix it up! .....We've stayed at Poly the most though

Poly
Cont
Dolphin
AKL
Pop
ASMu
GF
POFQ
WL
YC
Fort

We try to mix it up. We've stayed offsite and onsite but last few trips have been onsite. We have varied our onsite resorts trying new ones the past few times. If we stay offsite, we tend to go back to Bonnet Creek as we like it there

BCV is our favorite, but we have others we enjoy if we can't get a villa there or if the pricing it too high. I also, typically, pick resorts based on what our park touring plans are. For example, for our upcoming trip, we are doing a Poly/AKL split and will do MK/EP while at Poly and go to AK on our AKL days. We did this because we got a good discount and my DS12 doesn't remember staying at AKL when he was very young, so I decided to book a savannah view room there as a treat. We will be back at our favorite in December!

We rotate through almost all of the Deluxe Resorts. But we definitely have our favorites as well that we stay at more frequently.

This is such a fun thread! We are a "mix it up" family...

All Star Music
Caribbean Beach
Poly
Old Key West
Art of Animation
Contemporary
Grand Floridian
Port Orleans-French Quarter
Port Orleans-Riverside
Our trip at the end of March 2020 will be back at the Poly.

We really want to stay at the Epcot/HS resorts for future trips...Beach Club/Yacht Club/Boardwalk are places we'd love to try because we love Epcot and HS! We'l also love to give Wilderness Lodge a try too! However, we decided to stay at the Poly again for our upcoming trip not because we love the Poly best, but because it was the most economical way to get two bathrooms (studio villa).

We've loved all the places we've stayed...I mean...c'mon! What's not to love when you're at WDW!?!? :love:

Way back when we were a family of 4. Now that we have boyfriends and husbands we've grown to 6. But! our DD invited two extra on our next trip so we're at 8! We like to all stay together, so we decided on OKW and got a two bedroom villa. I'm very excited about it. (DH and I spend a lot of time just relaxing at the resort)

We are a combination. We like to try new resort but like it best if we do it as a split stay.(I'm a chronic resort changer while we are planning our trip!) We will usually try the new resort for 2-3 nights and return to our favs for the rest of the trip. We usually stay 7-8 nights so it's easy to do both. We have had a few trips where we just stay at one but that was mostly for our first few stays. We've tried AKL, BC, PolyDVC, SSR, WL, YC, CSR & ASMusic and a few offsite stays. BC/YC & CSR being our repeat stays. Adding in Dolphin this time (but may change to Swan, lol)

I mix it up. A lot. I like split stays. I like resort hopping. I’ve stayed at all the values and all the deluxes. I’m just getting started on the moderates; my next visit will be my first time at Caribbean Beach.

As I write this I’m trying to think about what I would choose if I had to commit to one resort, and I really can’t. So yeah, I mix it up.

Our 3 onsite stays have all been ar CBR. We are a family of 5 on a budget so CBR and POR are the only 2 for our family size in our budget. We have visited PoR but it reminds me of where we live so the theming doesnt feel like vacation to me!

I have really enjoyed CBR, but would like to try something new. We just dont have a lot of options.

We like to mix it up. Split stays let us have two vacations in one! For awhile, we had to always stay at POR Alligator Bayou...family of five and money wise!

The only resort, I don't think we would go back to would be Pop Century. We did not enjoy our stay there.

Like you I have my favorites and my never agains.
I tend to stay in my favorites if possible but will stay in others if not
BWI CL is our first choice, always.
CSR CL is our second choice.
POFQ would be our choice if we aren't staying CL.
We won't stay at the Values.
I'm not a fan of GF and would prefer to not stay there again, but would if it was the only resort with a room.
Poly is just ok but I hope that changes if and when it's refurbed.
I don't care for DVC resorts much and tend to skip them unless there's an underlying reason for us to stay at one, like when we did a combo trip with another couple, we shared a 2 bedroom.

It depends. I definitely have places I will stay again (BC, BWI, CR) but sometimes I stay in the same place because I can get such a good deal there. Case in point, my next two trips are at Coronado Springs, but I got an AP rate cheaper than at Pop, so I wasn't passing it up. CSR is one of my faves, but generally, we do like to try different resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter