Do you think they will have Canadian ticket offers anytime soon?

I found the answer to my question. Adding Genie plus was an additional 100 pound a ticket for the 14-day special. :eek:

Just make sure you make comparisons — I don’t add waterparks and more to my tickets usually, and I don’t do memory maker. So I only compare to 7-day hoppers … I’m aware the uk ones are 14 day, but I wouldn’t use that either.

Using Feb 28 pricing and conversion rates to Canadian, I compared this site to undercover tourist who I normally use.

UK special with 15 pounds delivery - 464 pounds = $789.60 CDN
undercovertourist - e-delivery - $623.29 USD = $799.96 CDN
Obviously, in that situation, the UK is much better deal as you get all the extra perks thrown in - waterparks, pics. I have no idea what their price will be tomorrow when sale ends.

UK special with add-on Genie plus - 574 pounds = $976.59 CDN
undercovertourist hoper with add-0n genie - $726.80UsD = $922.32 CDN
So you are paying $50 more for the UK perks which Is a deal “IF” you wanted them in the first place — and prices are going up tomorrow.

My point is everyone needs to compare prices. This uk ticket idea comes up every few years, and I guess I have yet to find a deal when I’m at the point of purchasing that ends up being cheaper for me .. but that’s my situation where I don’t want photopass. And there’s not usually an adult price for kids sale going on. :confused3 I guess we shall see tomorrow.

I agree. It is important to crunch the numbers and evaluate which option is best for your situation. When we booked the UK tickets, there was the promotion for Adults at Kid prices. Our approx numbers for a March Break vacation per adult...

Undercover
$669.91 USD (With Hopper) or $850 CAD
$773.41 USD (With Hopper and Genie +) or $980 CAD

Attraction Tickets (additional savings if you use Euros vs. Pounds)
495 Euros (With Hopper) or $690 CAD
638 Euros (With hopper and Genie +) or $894 CAD

*We added the $16 / Ticket CAD cancel for no reason insurance and paid $25 / Ticket for shipping.

*Bonus, Attraction Tickets include Photopass and Water parks. The cancelation insurance was a big draw for us. We do not want to be tied to Disney credits if we have a positive case before departure.

I'd also buy this in case Disney decides to close the loophole at any point.

I'd also buy this in case Disney decides to close the loophole at any point.

Do you know if it's possible to use CAD gift cards when purchasing in Pounds or Euros?

Do you know if it's possible to use CAD gift cards when purchasing in Pounds or Euros?

I don't believe you can use CAD gift cards for Attraction Tickets but I have not checked. You cannot use them for undercover tourist.

Perhaps you can use them from the direct UK disney website but I am unaware of what restrictions there are.

I noticed they removed the Canadian resident room-only offer that ended up being essentially duplicated (and extended) by a general public offer. I'm assuming that's because the eligibility date for the general public sale has begun, but the optimist in me is wondering if that means they'll be releasing a Canadian ticket offer soon.

I noticed they removed the Canadian resident room-only offer that ended up being essentially duplicated (and extended) by a general public offer. I'm assuming that's because the eligibility date for the general public sale has begun, but the optimist in me is wondering if that means they'll be releasing a Canadian ticket offer soon.
I am hopeful that there will be a discount. But after our recent trip and seeing the amount of people in the parks....I will be surprised if they do offer a discount. We are planning to do another trip with our adult kids as one last family trip before the boys head out into the real world...and a discount would be great. Given the exchange rate and the increased prices for EVERYTHING. I am not holding my breath for one though.

Ah! We need to upgrade our expired tix ASAP, would be so nice if they would do this. Maybe I should hold off another week or two…but want to reserve our end of April dates. Argh why is it so annoying to upgrade these I wish we can do it online lol

I just saw an ad on Instagram and I got so excited for a second! I saw Canadian resident discount so got excited for our ticket upgrade, but then saw it was for the Disney cruise line lol is this new then? I hope it means Disney tickets next!!

yes please!!! From what I recall, it usually happens in the fall, but we are in a whole new era so who knows??

I just saw an ad on Instagram and I got so excited for a second! I saw Canadian resident discount so got excited for our ticket upgrade, but then saw it was for the Disney cruise line lol is this new then? I hope it means Disney tickets next!!

I feel like people are a lot more hesitant to cruise than visit the parks these days so I'm sure that has something to do with it. I will be incredibly surprised if there's a Canadian Resident Ticket offer out this year. It's still incredibly unlikely.

The UK tickets are back to adult for child prices.

I calculated 4 'adult' 9 day base ticket with Undercover tourist and Genie in late August. No U.S. fee exchange credit card + photopass = $3,671 CAD. We could save about $165 off that by not using Genie for Epcot *2.

Euro priced UK tickets with Genie + for the 14 days (I'll use 9) is $3,751 with a 1% exchange fee (includes the insurance). I would rather not have the hassle of buying Genie+ separately when buying these tickets.

Looks like I am going to buy the Euro tickets and get Hoppers and water park for about $20 each. I'm I missing something?

Edit: I seem to recall paying around $1600 USD in 2018 for 4 tickets, 8 base days, with the Canadian discount. I can't believe how much the price has gone up.

Last edited:
Can we buy tickets from the Euro site? With the exchange rate, it's cheaper than buying the US$ site.

I agree. It is important to crunch the numbers and evaluate which option is best for your situation. When we booked the UK tickets, there was the promotion for Adults at Kid prices. Our approx numbers for a March Break vacation per adult...

Undercover
$669.91 USD (With Hopper) or $850 CAD
$773.41 USD (With Hopper and Genie +) or $980 CAD

Attraction Tickets (additional savings if you use Euros vs. Pounds)
495 Euros (With Hopper) or $690 CAD
638 Euros (With hopper and Genie +) or $894 CAD

*We added the $16 / Ticket CAD cancel for no reason insurance and paid $25 / Ticket for shipping.

*Bonus, Attraction Tickets include Photopass and Water parks. The cancelation insurance was a big draw for us. We do not want to be tied to Disney credits if we have a positive case before departure.
So once you Receive the tickets from attraction tickets you just entered the ticket number into my Disney experience and no issues?

So once you Receive the tickets from attraction tickets you just entered the ticket number into my Disney experience and no issues?

I bought the Attraction Tickets today and received the electronic tickets a few hours later. I linked them with my Disney account and to the correct family members. I tested booking Magic Kingdom with the tickets in August and added someone without a ticket. It knew that my family had 14 day magic tickets and the other person did not so that person could not book a park reservation. Seems to work fine. I did not go so far as to book a park reservation.

Is anyone finding a drastic difference now between the Pound and Euro prices, as of March 29th? I am finding that they are within dollars of each other when you switch it back to CDN using the Mastercard exchange rate and fee.

BTW - are there any credit cards that do not charge the exchange rate fee when buying in pounds our euros?

Is anyone finding a drastic difference now between the Pound and Euro prices, as of March 29th? I am finding that they are within dollars of each other when you switch it back to CDN using the Mastercard exchange rate and fee.

BTW - are there any credit cards that do not charge the exchange rate fee when buying in pounds our euros?
I am a big fan of the Scotiabank Gold Amex. 5% grocery/restaurants (including food delivery), 3% gas/streaming services. O% foreign exchange fees. All of the points can be redeemed towards travel related purchase on the card. I think it's associated withe the Scene program now, but either way I've accumulated many points over the years!

I am a big fan of the Scotiabank Gold Amex. 5% grocery/restaurants (including food delivery), 3% gas/streaming services. O% foreign exchange fees. All of the points can be redeemed towards travel related purchase on the card. I think it's associated withe the Scene program now, but either way I've accumulated many points over the years!

We have this card as well and I use it for all of my foreign purchases. The exchange rate is spot on.

I pulled the trigger and purchased our tickets for our August trip on Attraction Tickets. Even though we only needed a 10-day park hopper, the 14 day ticket from Attraction Tickets saved us about $700 Cdn total for the 5 of us.

I decided to do digital delivery and the tickets were available for download within about 3 hours. I linked the tickets on the Disney site and was able to book all of our park reservations.

I also ended up purchasing the fully refundable option for the small additional price. I did talk to them and they said as long as you have not gone through a turnstile (i.e. activated your ticket), it is fully refundable for any reason.

I was humming and hawing about purchasing my ticket as my trip is not until September. Today I decided to bite the bullet and Attraction Tickets is no longer offering the "adult for child prices" promo... Hopefully it comes back in a few weeks like it usually does!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter