Do you think VGF is the most luxurious Disney resort?

MoreTravels

Mouseketeer
It looks like a Victorian Bed-and-Breakfast inn to me...

Maybe it's just me. My view of a 5 star super luxurious resort is more like Four Seasons, Mandalay Bay in Vegas, Shangrila, Ritz Carlton etc.

Disney Grand Floridan is nice but more like peasant nice, not royal nice. Disney should come up with a super luxurious and hip resort. :laughing:

We think it is a wonderful resort and the pictures look very luxurious, we can't wait to go home for the first time. We love B&Bs so the décor and feel fit us perfectly.

We have stayed at the Aulani which was amazing so it will be fun to compare.

Maybe it's just me. My view of a 5 star super luxurious resort is more like Four Seasons, Mandalay Bay in Vegas, Shangrila, Ritz Carlton etc.

Disney Grand Floridan is nice but more like peasant nice, not royal nice. Disney should come up with a super luxurious and hip resort. :laughing:

I also think it is beautiful and have always visited the GF during the Christmas season which makes it even nicer. The only problem is that I feel out of place with my shorts and sandals compared with the GF guest. We very much enjoy the BCV area and will always visit VGF if and when we travel back over the holidays.

If the VGF model pictures bother you, then don't look at the cash room pictures:

gfeliz1.jpg

If the VGF model pictures bother you, then don't look at the cash room pictures:

Omg so true. LOL. This is exactly why I have never stayed at Grand Floridian. The resort is beautiful but the rooms are awful. I am soooo happy the villas don't look like this and can't wait to stay in them!

I agree with you!

No, it's a timeshare design and furnishings, thankfully doesn't do anything for me!

The GF is Disney's Flagship Resort, so I guess that makes VGF DVC's Flagship resort.

:earsboy: Bill

DVC members are a very diverse group and the answer will simply come from each one's point of view, based upon their lifestyle. A member who has stayed or is accustomed to staying in 5-star resorts will likely not see any Disney resort as a 5-Star resort. For others who were accustomed to staying at the on-site Value resorts, Super 8's, Best Westerns and so on, will likely think GFV as 5-star. For me, staying at any DVC resort at WDW makes it a 5-Star!

Wow, if the DVC rooms looked anything like that Cash room at GF we definitely would not have purchased!!! Maybe they should consider an overhaul now that the VGF is almost done! haha

So in regards to the initial question, technically no, GFV is not considered 5-star. Frankly there are few hotels out there that are, and some were mentioned by the OP (although, I disagree that Mandalay Bay is 5star). But this is why there is a four seasons being built on property for those guests that do want pure luxury and a chance to stay on property. This is in the Golden oaks area. I believe the hotel should be finishing up, and they are also selling lots there for ownership on property. When I win the Powerball, I intend to buy a lot there :)

The regular rooms don't look like that anymore, but the new Villas look far more luxurious. I'm sure when the GF has their next rehab they'll probably go with a cleaner look like the Villas and more similar to the other Deluxe resorts.

here's a pic of our room in the main building, the theme is still victorian but at least the bedspread is not as ugly! :laughing:

IMG_1329.jpg

DVC members are a very diverse group and the answer will simply come from each one's point of view, based upon their lifestyle. A member who has stayed or is accustomed to staying in 5-star resorts will likely not see any Disney resort as a 5-Star resort. For others who were accustomed to staying at the on-site Value resorts, Super 8's, Best Westerns and so on, will likely think GFV as 5-star. For me, staying at any DVC resort at WDW makes it a 5-Star!

One of the drawbacks of some "other" 5 star resorts can be the stuffiness of clientele. We don't want to "dress" for every event/meal, but that's why some with "old" money don't like those with "new" money! ;)

We really enjoy GF and look forward to staying at VGF!

Luxury in hotels also means 'luxury' service GF will never make it on that count. LOL
This is why we LOVE Victoria & Albert's.... absolutely PERFECT service without being pretentious!

The regular rooms don't look like that anymore, but the new Villas look far more luxurious. I'm sure when the GF has their next rehab they'll probably go with a cleaner look like the Villas and more similar to the other Deluxe resorts.

here's a pic of our room in the main building, the theme is still victorian but at least the bedspread is not as ugly! :laughing:

IMG_1329.jpg

Much better! I can handle that :)

One of the drawbacks of some "other" 5 star resorts can be the stuffiness of clientele. We don't want to "dress" for every event/meal, but that's why some with "old" money don't like those with "new" money! ;)

We really enjoy GF and look forward to staying at VGF!

This is why we LOVE Victoria & Albert's.... absolutely PERFECT service without being pretentious!

I know what you mean. I do not consider us to be rich by any means, but we took a safari in Africa last year and we had 4 nights in 5 star hotels, my first time ever staying in such luxury. I definitely felt like I was under dressed half the time, but we were on safari, I never expected to be dressing up for dinner!!

I think the most luxurious DVC is Aulani. Hands down. I've never been a fan of the GF theme.

VGF are decorated like the estates on the Gold Coast of Boston's North Shore in Manchester by The Sea.

The ceilings are coffered, the walls have crown molding and wainscoting, the dining chairs are shield back, the backsplash is designer tile, the sink is skirted.

It feels just like home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter