Do you wear

Both. I wear contacts mostly, but I also wear my glasses to keep my eyes from being tired. Kel

Got glasses at age 10.
Started wearing soft contacts at age 14.
In my early 20s (IIRC), started wearing gas permeables.
Went back to soft lenses a couple of years ago.
I fill in with my regular glasses (when I take out my contacts at night or early in the morning) and "cheaters" to read or while I"m at work.
Yes, I'm a visual mess!! :rotfl2:

I just got my first pair this summer. I can see fine without them but I started getting headaches so I wear them more now. DH likes them. :goodvibes

I've been wearing contacts for the past 24yrs. Only wear glasses at night because they make the bridge of my nose go numb if I wear them too long (I broke my nose and have a bump right where any pair of glasses sit).

I am terrified of lasik, plus I am nearsighted so I would need glasses anyway to read. :cool2:

Both. But I mostly only wear my contacts in the summer so I can wear sunglasses. :p I also wear them sometimes when I exercise.

Hard contacts (gas permeable after they were developed) for 43 years. I'm so nearsighted that because hard lenses somewhat reshape my eyes they correct better than glasses, with no "fish eye" distortion.

I'm so nearsighted that for a while the Army was telling me that I wasn't qualified for combat arms. (They decided that wasn't true, I'm happy to say.) I wore glasses from first grade until I was a freshman in college, then contacts progressing from hard to gas permeable to soft to disposable now. I'm in glasses for a couple of days now due to the allergens making my eyes red and irritated. They can be absorbed in the contacts, it seems, and that means changing out whether it's time or not. I don't wear my glasses much except when I can't wear my contacts.

I've been in reading glasses since about age 50, and I'm actually excited that I have what appears to be cataracts beginning in both eyes. Why, you ask? Well, since they're messing with your lenses for cataract surgery anyhow, it's very easy to correct your vision in the process. Woohoo!! (Might as well make the best of it, you know.)

Yeah, yeah, I know. TMI.

I wear gas permeable contacts that reshape my corneas so I can see well enough to function normally. I wear glasses at night when I take my lenses out, though, but I can't wear them to drive. I started with glasses for distance in fourth grade, progressed to glasses all the time in 7th grade, got soft contacts in 10th grade and my gas permeable lenses in 12th grade and I've been wearing them since (almost 8 years).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter