Do you write emails to Disney sharing your thoughts?

I imagine all large companies get a lot of letters/emails from customers, some good others not. Most likely Customer Service/Complaint Department or whatever each company calls it has a set of standard reply form letters to send out. What happens to the letter after that probably varies by company. I would expect some tabulate the number/kind of complaints for a management summary, a few many actually call the customer to interact live. While they may sound interested/empathetic, it is unlikely any policy/procedure will change due to your complaint. They tend to be lower level people who don't really have any authority to change things. Many letters probably just go in the trash. Have never had anything amazingly good/bad happen during our Disney trips over the years, so never saw a need to contact them.

I have written twice; once in 2002 after a bad stay at AKL and more recently in 2020 after a horrid stay at Pop Century. Both times I received an immediate reply personalized to my concerns and in 2020 I also got a call where I was asked more details about my stay and park visits. I truly felt that someone had listened and taken my thoughts seriously even though I visit only every two or three years. In both situations I was careful to state my complaints objectively without strong emotion and to also cite positive things that happened to us on the trip. I think Disney handled both situations very well!

Based on most comments here.. it seems that they care!.. they might not change everything as we would like but still I am a fan.. :)

I wrote a courteous email a few years ago about how when I got stuck on Living with the Land, the speaker in the room I got stuck in was barely audible, and we couldn't hear the CM's announcements.

I received a phone call shortly thereafter asking for the exact location where my boat was stopped so that they could have maintenence repair it ASAP.

I was also given a free FastPass for my next visit.

Based on most comments here.. it seems that they care!.. they might not change everything as we would like but still I am a fan.. :)
I think they care. Agreed, it might not change anything. I've written in the past, but details escape me now. I know I wrote one about them cutting Epcot entertainment just before the pandemic. I did get a response, but don't recall what they said (except I didn't get the answer I wanted to hear lol).

Most recently wrote to them in July when they added Shades of Green to Early Entry to thank them for their continued support of U.S. military families. I really didn't expect a response, but about two weeks later I got a nice email back.

A couple of years ago, I'd had an awful trip and no one on property could solve my issue (I wish I'd thought about writing Guest Relations at the time). It was a split stay where we stayed at AoA for our last two nights. The CMs there, not having a clue how bad the trip had been, were so kind and amazing. When I got home, I had the paper about contacting the manager they used to leave in the rooms. So I wrote the manager of AoA a long glowing email after that trip since several CMs there unknowingly turned an awful trip into a great couple of days, and I wanted to give the ones I'd gotten names for compliments and give a general compliment since they were all great. An assistant manager called me within minutes after me sending it and we had a nice chat :).

I wrote them in late August, expressing my displeasure over the Genie announcement. I provided examples of how easy and pleasant FP+ was to help plan a thoroughly enjoyable Disney vacation. I also included examples of where I though Genie + was not customer friendly. The response I received was courteous and personalized based on specific information I had put in my original message. That said, as expected, the response touted Genie+ as an 'upgrade'.

In hindsight, I wish I would have unloaded about all of the upcharges and perk removals of the last 5 years as well. But, I always try and make the first attempt to be friendly and courteous whenever I have a complaint.

But, in reality, I don't see a Disney vacation on the horizon any time soon. Certainly not until management is in place that would attempt to bring back some of the Disney 'magic' instead of constantly taking it away. I'm just glad we got to experience several classic Disney vacations while my kids were growing up.

I wrote them a heartfelt letter recently about my feelings regarding changes already implemented and changes on the horizon (when Genie was announced but not launched) - a general dissatisfaction about the directions the park was taking. I got a call back and we had a nice chat. She said feedback like mine was extremely important and would be communicated up the chain. I could tell she was a passionate Disney fan herself and was also disappointed/frustrated. Although I don’t believe that my specific words would be reviewed by a decision maker, I know aggregated feedback DOES make it up the chain. If they are consistently seeing the same issue, they eventually will red flag and address it. I do think feedback matters, and everyone should take a few minutes and provide feedback on good or bad experiences. Guest satisfaction is part of the profit equation.

One time we had a broken, completely unusable shower in our room at Port Orleans. We communicated several times about it, and hours later it still went unfixed (frustrating to return from all day at the parks quite sweaty and stinky expecting to shower before heading back out for a BOG ADR). I had to have a chat with a manager about that one and tell her I was having not having a magical time. They did comp us a free night and anytime Fastpasses. Although, I don’t feel like that was necessarily going “above and beyond.” A usable shower is a reasonable expectation, and really any hotel chain should comp a night for that (I can’t remember why they couldn’t move us). We weren’t sure if we were imagining things, but it seems they were extra nice & hospitable to us at BOG that evening. Not sure if we were “flagged” or if the cast members were just at the top of their game that night.

I emailed WDW maybe 3 years ago about a new policy of theirs I was very unhappy about. The policy had nothing to do with money, btw. They telephoned me and I spoke with a very nice person. The result? Nothing at all changed.

I've also written to WDW several times to compliment wonderful CMs. No one ever calls when I send something positive!

At the beginning of September I wrote them regarding mobility issues in certain lines.

At the time I could only stand for 15 minutes (I'm up to 30 minutes now. Yay!) and when I went to Peter Pan's Flight attraction was told that I needed to transfer to a wheelchair or walk thru the full line. I explained that I was solo and couldn't push myself thru the line and couldn't stand for more than 15 minutes at a time (the line was posted at 45 minutes) but the person manning the area wouldn't let me go that way. I was nice about explaining it and didn't get angry or anything since they were just following the new rules. So I skipped that attraction.

But between that and a couple of other issues I encountered I wrote the letter along with a couple of suggestions and emailed it once I got home. I still haven't heard anything which I thought was surprising. Maybe because of the DAS lawsuits - who knows.

Anyways on that same trip, I encountered a couple of outstanding cast members who I also thanked. I hope that got to them. I still have their names and where and when they were working so maybe I should do a cast compliment for them on MDE now that you can do that.

I never had, actually. Until the whole Genie thing was announced. I let them know how disappointed I was at the lack of benefits for on-site guests anymore. I also felt that Genie / Genie+ / ILL$ was making us pay for something that used to be free. And to complain about having to get up early on vacation to book popular rides.

Just adding that all I got back was a generic email expressing "concern" over my disappointment. I fully expect nothing to come from it. But at least I let my opinion be known. I've been going to Disney since the 80's when I was a kid. I'm also DVC, a Disney travel agent, and used to be a stock holder. (We sold our stock.)

I have taken the opportunity to write Guest Services on more than one occasion regarding excellent cast members. We have also asked to speak to those a cast member reports to and share our praise. We have been asked on occasion to contact Guest Services by these folks. Only once did we share a negative with guest services. Our concern was a temporary workout facility in a tent while a new facility was being built. We chose the resort because of advertised equipment etc. We were given a phone call regarding our concern. We were asked if this would preclude a return visit to WDW. We honestly answered no and were immediately thanked for the input and the call was ended. We have not received any follow-up on positive reflections on any cast members. We hope the cast members have been recognized.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter