• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Docking time-when are you able to actually walk off the ship?

Minniemouse37

Earning My Ears
If the port schedule says “ashore” at 7:45 am...are you actually able to walk off the ship at 7:45? Or do they have to tie up ect. and you’ll actually be walking off later? We’re going to need to walk off right at 7:45 or very shortly after to make it to our shore excursion I booked outside of DCL so just trying to get a feel for what time we’ll actually be able to get off.

Thanks for any insight! :)

7:45 is the time the doors are scheduled to open. That can change. \

It's been awhile but I believe there is also a hierarchy as to who goes ashore first.

7:45 is the time the doors are scheduled to open. That can change. \

It's been awhile but I believe there is also a hierarchy as to who goes ashore first.

Really? I didn’t realize there was a hierarchy for trying to get off...we wouldn’t be with a DCL your group but just getting off by ourselves.

Really? I didn’t realize there was a hierarchy for trying to get off...we wouldn’t be with a DCL your group but just getting off by ourselves.

Many times ship-based excursions are the first off the ship - especially if they are scheduled right at the scheduled ashore time and/or require tendering. Sometimes they are able to use 2 gangways or tender lobbies, one for excursions and one for non-excursions, but not always.

Just food for thought, and it may not be an issue in most ports, but we were delayed by at least an hour on our last cruise due to winds preventing us from docking safely.

The times listed were pretty close to the times we've been allowed to disembark. They put a wedge in for customs clearance and weather, but those are truly variable. I'd not plan something for 15 minutes after the scheduled all ashore time.

Usually that's only for tender ports. At non-tender ports, there may be a lineup to get off with all of the DCL tours, but I don't think they get priority to go ashore. OP might want to check with the excursion company and find out if they monitor when ships actually arrive and are cleared and can accommodate that or if it's just up to you to make sure you get there on time. There can be any number of reasons for delay from weather to ship clearance and you'll want to make sure that you won't miss your excursion for something outside of your control. You might also want to confirm that you won't be charged if, for some reason, the ship is unable to dock.

If the port schedule says “ashore” at 7:45 am...are you actually able to walk off the ship at 7:45? Or do they have to tie up ect. and you’ll actually be walking off later? We’re going to need to walk off right at 7:45 or very shortly after to make it to our shore excursion I booked outside of DCL so just trying to get a feel for what time we’ll actually be able to get off.

Thanks for any insight! :)

This is the estimated time only which can change depending on external factors. Just to be safe, you should allot at least an hour after the scheduled arrival time for your shore excursion trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter