docs for baby

Alysa

DIS Veteran
What formal documentation is required for travelling with a baby to the US?

When my daughter went with her daughter 3 months old she was told to take a copy of her birth registraction or birth certificate. Hope this helps. Us customs checked it at the airport.

I've got a Child passport application in front of me...for a child under three years, maximum period of validity is 3 yrs, children who are issued a passport in their first 12 months are entitled to a replacement passport at no cost. Th photo submitted must be taken within one month of application. (walmart, sears, local photographers usually charge 10-12 per picture)

Fees: child inder 3ys $20
3-15yrs $35

I would always receommend that everyone who is traveling to the US carries their own passport, every time, every crossing. Line ups, and hassles at the border aren't any fun, especially traveling with a little one. Eventually (if not already) drivers licences and/or birth certificates won't be enough. You can no longer "carry" a child on a parents passport. So get it now, and save yourself the stress...Have fun!!:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter