Dodgers and Angles games!!!

DISNEY FIX

DIS Veteran
Going to a Dodgers and Angeles game....please comment on favorite foods...sights you would recommend at each stadium...parking too!
Thanks

Dodger stadium is an absolute nightmare to get to and park in. Allow yourself SEVERAL HOURS to get settled in time for the game to start. Seriously.

Angel stadium is a breeze. Love watching games there.

Dodger stadium is an absolute nightmare to get to and park in. Allow yourself SEVERAL HOURS to get settled in time for the game to start. Seriously.

Angel stadium is a breeze. Love watching games there.
Does already being in downtown la for the day help at all?

Dodger dogs are a fan favorite. I am going to a Dodger game soon. It is easier to get in/out of the Angel Stadium, but I'm a Dodger fan, so I do go there. lol

Going to a Dodgers and Angeles game....please comment on favorite foods...sights you would recommend at each stadium...parking too!
Thanks
Angels Stadium helmet nachos are the BEST. Get them with the works! We always stop and get micheladas at the Modelo bar on the way in. So good. Bring your wallet. LOL

Can't really say anything since I've never been to Dodger Stadium and the last time I saw a game in Anaheim was almost 20 years ago. But I've been the to the area around Anaheim with the Honda Center and ARTIC. It's pretty easy to get into and out of, and you'll have decent public transportation options there. If you take ART, it won't actually go directly to the stadium, but it's close enough to ARTIC to walk.

I did fly into to LAX last week and good a good look at Dodger Stadium from the air. It was clearly built with car culture in mind. It's just a stadium centered in a large parking lot. To some degree, so is Angels Stadium, but at least it's got better options to public transportation and some stuff around it.

I can help with this as I've been to both stadiums. You will need a clear bag for those stadiums. If you are going on a day where there's a giveaway, make sure you're among the first 25k fans (at Angel Stadium) or 40k fans (at Dodger Stadium) because their giveaways are fun. That's how I choose the games I go to :rotfl2:If any of you like getting autographs from the players, Angel Stadium is the place to do it. I usually have success with getting autographs there but have never gotten one from an Angel before. I can tell you the visitors dugout area is usually less crowded than the Angels dugout area.

At Angel Stadium, I love their pizzas (if you've heard of Oggi's pizza, that's where they get their pizzas). I also love their fries too. I also like the burgers and hot dogs. If there's an ice cream place at the level your seats are, I would recommend their ice cream sundaes. The Mexican place is also a good option too. I also recommend the club level seats at Angel Stadium since the seats are comfy and you can have most of your food delivered.

At Dodger Stadium, it depends on the level your seats are on. Definitely get a Dodger dog for sure. Their fries and ice cream are good too. I also like the pizzas there (California Pizza Kitchen) and their Mexican food. They also have a good bbq place if you're on the reserve level (the second to top level).

Yes! Take the Dodgers Express from Union Station. It’s free with your game ticket. There are plenty of shuttles going to and from the stadium and they are pretty quick

Besides Amtrak/Metrolink, you can take the subway (Metro B Line formerly Red Line) to Union Station, so if you're already parked downtown I'd recommend that. Parking around Union Station isn't fun. (And a side note, the Chevron station near Union Station has the highest prices I've seen in my life.)

Hmmmm...we will probably do a LA in a day type tour. Gotta figure out where we are parking for that..yikes.

tk0l0d9yjzhvmg6byzrl.jpg

Here's the parking map for the Dodgers

Depending on where you're coming from, you could try the Downtown gate or the Academy (which I believe I've done before). Here's Angel Stadium's parking map:
yirh61itp3l6x8yxcltq.jpg

@WebmasterMaryJo, I recommend the freeway series at Angel Stadium if you ever get a chance. I've been to that series there twice and I was there when Kershaw nearly threw a perfect game. :cheer2:

Why thank you. You can tell I love going to these games :cool1: Some things to know about both stadiums:

The gate open times are different at each stadium. If you're going on a giveaway day, just know that at Dodger Stadium, the giveaways for the first 40k fans and the gates open approximately 2 hours before first pitch. Parking gates there open 2 1/2 hours before first pitch. At Angel Stadium, the parking gates also open 2 1/2 hours before first pitch but unlike Dodger Stadium, the gates open an hour and a half before first pitch. If you're going to Angel Stadium on a giveaway day, make sure you're among the first 25k fans.

If anyone is an autograph seeker like me, Angel Stadium is the place to try to get them. I don't know if you want to get an Angel autograph or anyone from the opposing team but usually the opposing team's dugout area is usually less crowded than the Angels dugout area. That's where I normally go when I attempt to get my autographs and I've done pretty well in the past

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter