Does any one else have a spouse that does not like Disney

mommylovesdisneymore

DIS Veteran
We just back from a trip and my husband ended up not going 2 whole days and 2 1/2 days even though we had paid for it he made us miserable complaining the whole time this was not our first trip but he made it our worst he said he will never go again how do Ideal with this I love Disney and can not give it up and my boys really loved it this time to do we just go without him we have to drive 12 hours to get there so I am nervouse about going alone

Mine doesn't care for it even though he's been a few times. If he comes along, he doesn't go to the parks or he might go to Epcot only. Usually he doesn't go though.

It's been mostly DS and I and we do fine. We've flown and I've driven.

My husband doesn't care for it. He will go if he can golf; otherwise, I go without him.

I've never been. I can't see myself being crazy gaga over Disney though. I'm looking forward to taking my dd 3.5 in December and then, we'll take all the kids again in three or four years so they can say, "been there, done that."

I would much prefer to spend the thousands and thousands of dollars that I'm spending on a WDW vaca on Hawaii or Europe. That's just me though.

I'll vouch for my mother.

My father doesn't -hate- it. He'd just rather not go.
He will go on few rides. She won't go without him.
But honestly, though I'd miss him, we'd have so much more
fun without his complaining and the possibility of an
argument... he golfs at least twice; only goes to MK and AK.

I would keep watching for a good airfare so that you don't have to drive all that way by yourself. Once you see one, book it immediately. And I would positively leave DH behind. There's no reason to drag him along if he isn't going to enjoy it, and no reason to have to put up with someone like that.

Or, if you would want to drive, could you take your parents or a girlfriend along with you? There's a lot of people out there that would love to go and probably would if they could go with someone. It makes it much more attractive if you can split costs.

My DH doesn't like Disney so I went without him last trip, and what a trip I had! He sure missed out on a lot. But his idea of a great trip is to spend two nights at a relative's house, then go home. I don't care much for that, but to each his own.

Don't let it get you down. Lots of people have a spouse that do not care for Disney. And don't let it keep you from going again.

My hubby always finds something to complain about. It's too hot for him and cost too much. But we (me & my boys) love it. Sometimes he takes breaks and goes back to the resort. He wouldn't want us to go on vacation with out him. He does have a few rides he enjoys and that does help. Maybe you should see if you can find a few things about WDW that your DH likes and maybe he will warm up to it. Don't give up on going and good luck.

Enjoy! :cool1:

Maryann :surfweb:

This thread would be a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it there now.

Mine will go on occasion, but doesn't like it nearly as much as I do. Sometimes just me and my kids go without him. Sometimes its just better that way.:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter