Does anyone else spend this much time deciding which Disney shirt to wear in which park?

I do plan my outfits carefully it usually it all starts 2 weeks prior when I move all the things from the Disney area of my closet to one of the guest bedrooms preferable the one with the king bed. Then I start sorting through what I should wear. My problem is that I buy Disney clothes through the year and then I forget I have them. Specially those LC Disney collaborations I always find items so have to have. Somehow I always manage to buy more things right before my trip too:ssst: and during. I of course also have to match the MB and jewelry to the outfit and ears :rotfl2:. Let's just say last trip I had to use one suitcase for just my ears and jewelry :rolleyes1.

Guilty! I just had to completely scrap my touring plans for our 2 MK days and redo them so I could change things to meet the characters I wanted when I was wearing the right shirt. So yeah, I might be a little crazy. But I feel right at home here in this thread.

We totally do this. I have to do it for myself, DH, and DS, for both WDW and Universal. We have so many attraction and Star Wars t-shirts that it becomes difficult to decide.

i'm going in september and i'm already thinking about it lol.

usually around 2 weeks prior i start actually trying on outfits so that when i start packing it doesn't take much effort to decide what to put in the suitcase.

it really helps me to not over pack or pack random things that may not go together.

on the other hand my sister just tosses several tops and several shorts in and decides what is going with that in the morning before we head out to the parks each day lol.

I definitely do...for both myself and my boys! I bought 7 tanks from Hot Topic, one from Amazon, 2 from Disney and 1 Rumors of Light tank. Plus I have 2 shirts I'll bring just in case. I made a planning sheet that has a column for each day (AM and PM rows), shirt for me, shirt for my 4 yr old, and shirt for my 2 yr old. I've pretty much decided in mine but need to figure out the boys.
That's where I got mine! I love the Hot Topic tanks!!

Planning your outfits? Doesn't sound strange to me.

I planned outfits based on who we were meeting and where we were going all last Summer (i.e. Hilo Hattie top and Lilo and Stitch Ears for breakfast at Ohana, Red Polka dot top, black bottoms and minnie ears for going to meet Mickey & Minnie and then a change out that evening to my snowflake necklace and blue top, sparkly clear sandals, and Frozen ears to go meet Anna & Elsa, Tiger print top and tigger ears for Crystal Palace...etc. etc.). I had multiple outfits for some days..um..because it was hot and it was August :-) I'm a grown woman. Picking entire outfits based on characters and stuff would just be silly.

In my defense, my kids like it when I'm silly and do silly stuff like that so it was "for the children." :rolleyes1
Yes! I'm searching for the perfect Star Wars shirts for DHS!

I'm already agonizing over which HP shirts to wear to Wizarding World NEXT YEAR because I have so many of them. I even thought about changing in the park during the day hahahahha

I bought a $12 Mickey shirt at Target before I left, so I wouldn't be tempted to buy an expensive shirt in the gift shops. Sadly, I somehow forgot to pack my new shirt, so I ended up trying on a bunch of shirts in the Magic Kingdom. I stayed strong and didn't buy a $35 shirt, and I discovered the magic of $7 pins!

I wore a Figment pin on some days and a Baloo pin on others. The pins were lots of fun. It wasn't until I returned home that I learned "pin trading" was a thing, and that you can make cast members trade pins with you. :(

Now that I'm home, I find myself browsing all kinds of pins and tshirts online. Maybe I'll get into pin trading...

Last week I bought a Pluto shirt at Target. :)

Last edited:
This is so funny! I was just starting to think about what days my family should be wearing our matching shirts! We have two different sets. We all have other Disney shirts too, and while I will let my DH and DDs decide what they'll wear on the other days, I'm thinking of which shirt I will wear when! I thought I was being ridiculous, but now I know I'm not! :earboy2:

Yes! Guilty as well! :blush: We usually have one new matching shirt that I make using iron-ons (sometimes with help from the Creative DISigns board artists!) or other methods. Then I try to coordinate my and my 3 boys' shirts with characters from the parks or meals and/or colors for at least most of the days. It can get a little overwhelming sometimes, but adds to the Disney fun! We now have so many Disney shirts - but the boys have grown out of / into different sizes.

I'm already agonizing over which HP shirts to wear to Wizarding World NEXT YEAR because I have so many of them. I even thought about changing in the park during the day hahahahha
LOL....I do it all the time. A different t-shirt in the morning and afternoon. :)

I never would have thought of this (ditto the poster who said it's hard enough just to get clean, matching tops and bottoms, right for the weather) UNTIL one rather OCD friend if mine talked about their Hawaiian shirts at O'hana, cargo shorts and "safari" look at AK. . . THEN my trip was a special extended family trip and we wanted great pictures. . . And down the rabbit hole I went!! You're not alone!
Yep both of these and Star Wars too! :tilt:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter