Does anyone have a Misty Mate (not a Squeeze Breeze)?

sherry7

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have a Misty Mate personal cooler? Please note that I am not referring to the Squeeze Breeze, which is the spray bottle with a little fan attached. A Misty Mate is a tube filled with water, which you pump up by hand to form pressure, when you push a button a fine mist comes out of an attached, flexible tube. Supposedly, these can lower the surrounding air temperature by up to 30 degrees. I'm wondering whether it would be worth the trouble of carrying it around. I saw one of the 16 oz ones at WalMart, but on www.mistymate.com they also have a 10 oz. model which seems a lot better. Any comments on the Misty Mates?

Just bought 2 myself at BJ's. Haven't used it yet but we sit outside for 8-10 hours on Saturdays to watch Firemen's Tournaments and in the humid months of July and August, I think it will work great. It is really no bigger than carrying a water bottle.

I have 4 misty mates. Yes they really work! The originally were sold as a product to help the handicap not overheat and sold for big bucks. I have 2 girls in wheelchairs (no I didn't buy them before they were cheap) and we use them when the oldest one is competing in wheelchair sporting events. One year we took them with us to Kings Island when the temp was 99 and we never got hot at all. My advice is fill it up with as much ice as you can and then put the water in it will last longer and it is cooler.

We have 2 as well. They work really well. My DS plays Little League baseball in sometimes 100* heat. The team has these and they help to cool them off. I do suggest them. Ours has a strap that is large enough to carry over your shoulder. Gerri

I have a couple of Misty Mates and I think they work much better than the sqeeze bottles or the mist fans.

BTW, you can usually get a good deal on ebay. That's where I bought mine.

We have two or three of them. My kids ususally fight over who gets to carry them. We like to fill them with ice in the mornings. That way they work even when it's very humid. We got ours at one of the Marts (Wal or K - I don't remember). You can even order them from www.mistymate.com if you want to.

Yes, we do. We got them for our recent May trip. Carried them to Epcot one hot day. They felt great. We had those, water bottles and fanny packs on. Felt a little like a pack mule, but kept cool! Definitely a great idea on a hot day.

i bought 2 last year at walgreens on clearance for $9.99 reg $29.99. They are much better than squeeze breeze. I took 1 misty mate and 2 squeeze breezes on my June trip from which I just returned. both my kids tossed the squeeze breeze in my bag and were fighting over the misty mate. I filled it with half ice and water and at the parks it was so handy especially when you are waiting in hot humid lines. Everyone around you wishes they had on too. We got so many compliments on our misty mate. Best find I ever found. you can carry it like a purse or attach it on your waist.

I'm so glad to hear about all the people who really like the misty mates. A friend told me about seeing these on QVC and suggested I order some for our August trip. I bought two of them off their website today. I had never seen them before. They look like they would really be great for Disney in the summer!

Thanks for all the great replies. I bid on one on Ebay and won the auction. If anyone is thinking of getting one, they are selling really cheap there...$7 or $8, compared to $16 at WalMart. Of course, you have to add in shipping though. I got the combo fannypack, water bottle holder, and misty mate for $20.00 on Ebay. It was $39.95 on the Misty Mate site. It looks really nice in the photos. I can't wait to try it. However, there's no way I'm lugging this thing around the parks. DH has already been commandeered into wearing it. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter