Does anyone know how long these will be up for?

lillykat

DIS Veteran
My friend just came back from WDW and she took these photos outside of the MK - does anyone know how long they have been up or how long they are supposed to be there for - we are hoping they will still be there for our trip because we would LOVE to get some photos of them.

47b4dc03b3127cceb95f96ef7c5e0000002610

47b4dc03b3127cceb95f96e97c580000002610

Are you familiar with the artsy figures many cities have?
I think Chicago started the craze with their cows years ago.
Different people decorate the same figure type, only with different themes. The figures are diplayed and then sold with the $ going to charity.
Same thing.
Most cities have them. Even Omaha had people (Joe/Jane) figures.
My understanding is tomorrow is the last viewing day, and there are 75 Mickeys. Although they were scheduled to be displayed until sometime in April, I think.

Originally posted by Luv2Roam
Are you familiar with the artsy figures many cities have?
I think Chicago started the craze with their cows years ago.
Different people decorate the same figure type, only with different themes. The figures are diplayed and then sold with the $ going to charity.
Same thing.

They do that in Hartford Connectict too...very ood. Some of the cows were just UGLY though! (And some girl actually had her wedding pictures taken with all the cows!)

Love the Mickey's though! Got to see them on our January Trip - our favorite one was the Home Depot one! (But DH LOVED the Red Sox one!)

the 75 mickey's are to commemerate mickeys' 75th birthday...they leave to go on tour tommorrow and I believe will end up in disneyland in april sometime..

Actually, there is a thread in the Rumors and News section about how Disney will not be showing these until April as they had stated. I admit that I didn't read the whole thread, but it appears to have upset people greatly. The thread is called "now they LIED about the Mickey Statues?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter