Does anyone plan fantasy trips?

mariepapa

Miss Piggy Diva
I have no trip planned. And no trip planned for the foreseeable future. So in my head I am planning out a trip. This trip is at Christmas, because I want to see the castle covered in the icicle lights and I have purchased four tickets to MVMCP. We are staying at the Polynesian. Only because I most likely would never get to stay there and heck, this is my fantasy! This trip will be 9 days long and we will spend two at MK, two at EP, one each at AK and HS, one just lounging around and/or shopping at DD and the other two probably traveling.

Am I alone or nuts?

When I can't sleep at night, I plan a money is no object trip. Who I would take along, what suites would we stay in, what type of cars would we rent, what special events would we arrange (like a fireworks cruise)? It relaxes me to focus on a certain topic, and I usually drop off to sleep with a smile on my face.
P.S. I don't have a trip planned, either. This will be the first year since '97 that we haven't gone to WDW.

I have no trip planned. And no trip planned for the foreseeable future. So in my head I am planning out a trip. This trip is at Christmas, because I want to see the castle covered in the icicle lights and I have purchased four tickets to MVMCP. We are staying at the Polynesian. Only because I most likely would never get to stay there and heck, this is my fantasy! This trip will be 9 days long and we will spend two at MK, two at EP, one each at AK and HS, one just lounging around and/or shopping at DD and the other two probably traveling.

Am I alone or nuts?

Start making your fantasy come true! I am going in November and will see a lot of the things you spoke of. I will tell you how it went! haha Ok, that was cruel. But seriously, just start to put a little money away and your dream will come true quicker than you can say...Disney World?!? :confused3 lol

Start making your fantasy come true! I am going in November and will see a lot of the things you spoke of. I will tell you how it went! haha Ok, that was cruel. But seriously, just start to put a little money away and your dream will come true quicker than you can say...Disney World?!? :confused3 lol

We just went twice this year. My kids are clamoring to go to Greece to visit family there. They win. :sad2:

You're nuts. :lmao:

I'm kidding but seriously I've never done this. In your fantasy, make sure your longhouse is close to the Grand Ceremonial House for your free drink refills. I'm sure you'll have Deluxe dining in your dreams too.

We just went twice this year. My kids are clamoring to go to Greece to visit family there. They win. :sad2:

When do you think you will get to go again? I think my wife and I have just about decided to go every year if all at possible. We start to put a little back and in a years time, we usually have almost all of it. This year, we are going round my birthday and I am going to tell all my family and friends that I just want money for DW!

I do that ALL the time! I have gotten lucky and they seem to come true (plus or minus.) This fall we are staying at Wilderness Lodge for 10 days and finally going to MNSSHP. We got the 40% off pin. Last May we stay at Wilderness Lodge for 9 days with the buy 4 get 3 promo.

When do you think you will get to go again? I think my wife and I have just about decided to go every year if all at possible. We start to put a little back and in a years time, we usually have almost all of it. This year, we are going round my birthday and I am going to tell all my family and friends that I just want money for DW!

Probably after the construction ends. Which stinks, I could go every month!

I just booked our trip a week ago and I've gone on the site almost everyday planning our "next" trip. Of course the next trip includes concierge level deluxe accomadations, premiere dining, annual passes, etc, etc... :rotfl:

Yes. And it gets better - I get to take all the people I love - lottery anyone?

Am I alone or nuts?

No you aren't crazy. The part I bolded...I thought the same thing about the same place. I got to stay there for 5 nights! 2 years in a row they closed the resort I had booked for renovations (pofq and then cbr) so that was how they made it up to me. It was $99 or $109 a night. Was 2002 so memory is fuzzy. :laughing: Point being never let go of the dream!

I am not a lucky person so if it can happen to me you have a decent chance. :thumbsup2

I actually have a "fantasy" itinerary stored on my computer. It's basically a rough draft of what I would do if money were no object.

We haven't been to WDW since 08 (due to several illnesses/deaths in the family and the fact that DH and I starting a business from the ground up). We are unlikely to go back until next year at the earliest...so it's a way to pass the time until I can plan an actual trip. It also helps relieve anxiety when I am just overwhelmed by the things around me that I cannot change.

I have basic plans concerning lodging and which parks I'll visit on certain days, which days will be rest days, etc. I also have plans concerning where we would eat. I like to "play" with it and change things around.

It involves a week when I first arrive in Orlando offsite so I can do things like Discovery Cove and a Manatee swim. Then I spend 3 weeks onsite at WDW with each week in a different hotel.

Hey, some people do Fantasy Football....I do Fantasy WDW!!!!:lmao:

Um.... YES! I absolutely do this, lol. My next trip will be my first one I'll be paying for (instead of it being a family trip and my parents paying), and since I'm still in college, that's a long, long ways off. Planning trips I know I won't take helps pass the time. :goodvibes Sometimes I price out what I consider to be my "most likely" trip (Pop Century, only four days), sometimes I plan really extravagant trips (Poly or GF... it ends up being a trip more in line with a honeymoon than a normal WDW trip :lovestruc). Sometimes, when I'm really missing WDW, I'll just see what it would cost to up and go this weekend. I price/plan them every now and then, even though I know I'm not going. It's kind of fun, and like I said, helps pass the time until I can book a trip for real! Plus, I figure by the time I actually do get to go, I'll have everything all figured out so planning will be a breeze :cool1:

Yes...whenever the Mega Lottery gets really big. I even go to Realtor.com and look for the Orlando home I'd buy if I won. I fantasize that I'd go and stay for weeks, hopping around the resorts until my escrow closed. Sometimes, I even price out the premium suites, look for pics to see what the rooms look like, what kind of view they have. I've even gone so far as to pick out the Winnebego I'd buy to drive us from CA to FL! :rotfl2:

I do this not just WDW trips. If I get bored or super stressed, I'll plan a trip somewhere. I usually plan a WDW and a trip somewhere else like Japan or England.

Not me, never, and I'll deny it to the end. Dream vacation: A luxury suite at the Poly, Platinum dinning, fireworks cruise, V&A (just because I've never been pampered), spa treatments at the Grand Floridian, and a couple of tours. How is that for dreaming? I forgot to mention the driving experience and golf for the hubby.

I'm going to move this to the theme parks community board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter