Does anyone remember

hockey mom

<font color=coral>Loves to do the Napkin Dance at
Friends of mine were telling me about a scam 2 sisters and a brother tried to pull at Disney a few years back. Apparently they were on a talk show after it happened, and I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on this one. Thanks.

I seem to remember some scam featured on Dateline or some such evening news program in which a woman claimed to have been the victim of a break-in and violent assualt at CBR. Apparently it was discovered that it was a relative or boyfriend who was voluntarily let in, then assualted her as per the prescribed plan, and ransacked the room. She later claimed it was a complete stranger and received a settlement from Disney Co. This incident seemed to be part of a larger story of a weird cult called the "travellers" (I think) whose culture embraces and supports complex scams and thievery as a means of maintaining their apparently lavish lifestyle.

Perhaps this is what you are referring to. If not, does anyone else remember this story? It was on several years ago, so my information is sketchy as you can no doubt surmise from my post.

J.-

I remember this story too. It's the only one I can remember that might be a "scam" against Disney. Seems to me it might have been in the early 90's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter