Does DH need his own Active.com account? (last minute registration question)

CarolynFH

DIS Veteran
Hoping to register DH and myself today for the 2017 Marathon Weekend 5K through the DVC early registration link. I've created an Active.com account for myself and added him as a family member. Will he need his own Active.com account, or is being listed on my account sufficient? Also, I'm using 2 devices and have logged into my DVC account on one and his on the other. Is that necessary, or can I register both of us via my logon?

TIA!

The active.com account is the most important.. I would make him one. I was just looking at something on active and it gave me a choice to register someone else over 18, myself or someone under 18.. But have had others say they couldnt register someone over 18 on their account. And having 2 computers ready to go you can get both into the registration so you just dont have to worry about it :D

I have always registered my wife for races - she doesn't have an active account.

My husband does have an account, but I've also been able to register him under mine in the past with no problem.

As of Wine and Dine 2015, Adults can only register themselves and people under 18. If you are registering a spouse they need their own active account.

Yeah, previously I always registered DH on my account but last week for Avengers there was no option to do that. Luckily he already had an account, I just had to get his login info.

Thanks all - he now has his own account (and looked bewildered when I told him he had one and why - running the 5K together is idea hatched by me and DD!). Does the 5K usually sell out quickly, both DVC and regular registration?

As of Wine and Dine 2015, Adults can only register themselves and people under 18. If you are registering a spouse they need their own active account.

Thanks. Good to know for upcoming marathon weekend registration

That is just wrong, and I emailed runDisney to let them know. My wife has never done this for herself - ever. She has no MDE account, so no way to do any of that.

That is just wrong, and I emailed runDisney to let them know. My wife has never done this for herself - ever. She has no MDE account, so no way to do any of that.

Why is it wrong? My fiance still doesn't sign himself up I just ask him if he agrees to everything checks the boxes and use his account. Also not sure why a MDE account matters as that has nothing to do with the process. She needs an active.com account which is a 3rd party company to Disney. I also don't think runDisney is the only running organization that requires adults sign themselves up.

Why is it wrong? My fiance still doesn't sign himself up I just ask him if he agrees to everything checks the boxes and use his account. Also not sure why a MDE account matters as that has nothing to do with the process. She needs an active.com account which is a 3rd party company to Disney. I also don't think runDisney is the only running organization that requires adults sign themselves up.
So, I just figured out what happened. She has an active.com account, but no MDE account. The problem - my browser saved my login to active.com and registration link automatically launched my account. I thought that Disney was doing something because I got to my active.com page while logged in under my MDE account. Turns out that my browser betrayed me.

All that said, Disney offered no direction anywhere. Nothing. There is no way that I could have known that the link would jump me into a session with active.com. I had no idea. And there was nothing to tell me that I could not register my wife. Nothing. So, while I was one of the first to connect - no green walking man, just a direct connection with a 15 minute window to get the registration done - I still couldn't get it done.

As I said, I have emailed runDisney. When you get more help from a social media site than their site, they need to do something. I have wasted an hour of my time.

runDisney's Customer Service has been non-existent lately. It's really disappointing...I'm glad you figured out what happened though.

So, I just figured out what happened. She has an active.com account, but no MDE account. The problem - my browser saved my login to active.com and registration link automatically launched my account. I thought that Disney was doing something because I got to my active.com page while logged in under my MDE account. Turns out that my browser betrayed me.

All that said, Disney offered no direction anywhere. Nothing. There is no way that I could have known that the link would jump me into a session with active.com. I had no idea. And there was nothing to tell me that I could not register my wife. Nothing. So, while I was one of the first to connect - no green walking man, just a direct connection with a 15 minute window to get the registration done - I still couldn't get it done.

As I said, I have emailed runDisney. When you get more help from a social media site than their site, they need to do something. I have wasted an hour of my time.

I had this same problem this morning and figured it out. When you are directed to the active.com site from the rundisney site the second time to register for a spouse and it gives you the choice to register yourself or your child under 18, right beside the "register yourself" button is a little tiny "not you". If you click on that it lets you log on with the second active.com user login.

I had this same problem this morning and figured it out. When you are directed to the active.com site from the rundisney site the second time to register for a spouse and it gives you the choice to register yourself or your child under 18, right beside the "register yourself" button is a little tiny "not you". If you click on that it lets you log on with the second active.com user login.
Dang - missed that. Duh!

She doesn't need an MDE account.

If you're comfy signing away her legal rights, you can register her, you just have to do it through a different active.com account.

I created DH's active account as well as my cousin's. :)

She has an active.com account, but no MDE account.

Ah, you should have been golden, especially if you ALSO had your computer save HER login.

Must have been when registering my cousin, I missed the little bitty "not you" link on the page, but I just went into active and logged myself out, then logged my cousin in. Then went back to the link, clicked, and got her in.

I'm sorry you had such troubles.

I'm going through a mock registration. I didn't previously have an active active.com session (I clear cookies cache and history every evening), so I had to log in. Interestingly, that page doesn't show that it's for Active, EXCEPT for in the URL. INteresting. Once I logged in on that page, I saw "Note: This event requires that each adult 18 and over register themselves and sign the required waiver(s). Please ask your friends/family to establish their own account and register online." And that was once I was on the active.com page, so the account thing has to be active.com.

There's no part of the registration process that requires ANYONE to have an MDE account, though.

Good news is that you're now an expert and have her account figured out, and when general registration happens you'll do it perfectly.

Good news is that you're now an expert and have her account figured out, and when general registration happens you'll do it perfectly.
Thanks to you and everyone else that has chimed in to help me. I told my wife this very thing - I now have this down for next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter