Does Disney still offer trash and towel?

Depends on the length of your stay. Your check-in day is day 1.

Trash & Towel Service

For stays of 7 or less nights, Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 4, regardless of whether you're using Member-discounted cash, vacation points or a combination of both.

With Trash & Towel service, Housekeeping will:
  • Empty trash and replace liners in trash bins.
  • Provide fresh bathroom linens.
  • Replace bath amenities as needed.
  • Replenish facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper.
  • Replenish coffee, sugar, cream and sweeteners.
Full Cleaning Service

For stays of 8 or more nights, Full-Cleaning Service is provided on day 4 and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 8, regardless of whether you're using Member-discounted cash, vacation points or a combination of both. This process repeats for stays longer than 8 days.

With Full-Cleaning service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus:
  • Change the bed linens.
  • Vacuum and dust the vacation villa.
  • Clean the bathroom(s).
  • Clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes.

You can also pay for additional Trash & Towel Service.
Additional Trash & Towel Service Daily Rates:
  • Trash & Towel Service for Deluxe Studio - $15 per day requested
  • Trash & Towel service for 1-Bedroom Villa - $20 per day requested
  • Trash & Towel service for 2-Bedroom Villa - $25 per day requested
  • Trash & Towel service for 3-Bedroom Grand Villa - $35 per day requested

thanks that helped...I was wondering if we could still pay for the daily service. ;)

DVC is different now IMO. They still have t&t but rarely do the Mousekeepers do what's on the list. Sometimes they leave a basket outside the door, sometimes inside the door, sometimes they leave the towels on the kitchen table, usually don't collect the trash.

:earsboy: Bill

How would I go about setting up and paying for towel and trash service for extra days? Do they make the beds also?

How would I go about setting up and paying for towel and trash service for extra days? Do they make the beds also?

I would set it up when you check in but to be honest, you may have issues. Trash and towel does not include beds, (see post above), and keeping DVC cleaning schedules straight seems to be a challenge for the resorts.

You'll have to pay for a full cleaning to have the beds made. And that is more than Trash and Towel service.

DVC is different now IMO. They still have t&t but rarely do the Mousekeepers do what's on the list. Sometimes they leave a basket outside the door, sometimes inside the door, sometimes they leave the towels on the kitchen table, usually don't collect the trash.

that is disappointing to hear

that is disappointing to hear

I've never had any of that happen. Stayed at VGF in May, the towels were in baskets outside the room when we left in the morning but while we were gone housekeeping came in and hung them and picked up the trash.

I would set it up when you check in but to be honest, you may have issues. Trash and towel does not include beds, (see post above), and keeping DVC cleaning schedules straight seems to be a challenge for the resorts.

I don't recall a single time in 20 yrs of owning that they've done everything on the list for T & T or a full cleaning. They always seems to leave out something. I don't believe this is a new phenomena though it might be even worse the last 8-10 yrs. Generally it's not a problem and they'll bring what they didn't leave if needed.

I don't recall a single time in 20 yrs of owning that they've done everything on the list for T & T or a full cleaning. They always seems to leave out something. I don't believe this is a new phenomena though it might be even worse the last 8-10 yrs. Generally it's not a problem and they'll bring what they didn't leave if needed.

Good to know that it's not just our family that gets less than desirable treatment.

Yes they will eventually make things right and do their job but having to deal with the issues while on vacation isn't how I want to spend my time.

For several years we were getting room credits, gifts, free meals or other tokens of apology for room issues but they seemed to have stopped.

The Guest Show Manager at SSR asked us a couple of years ago what he could do for us as our room was full of cleaning people at 7:30 after waiting all day for our room. Only after being sent to our room at 7PM did we find out that it was never made ready for the next guest.

I told him that all we wanted was a clean, well maintained room, ready no later than 4:00. He didn't answer but he did put a $200 credit on our room balance.

We had an interesting mousekeeping issue last week at VGF. We arrived at around 1:30 on checkin day. We decided to grab lunch and enjoy the resort while we waited for our studio to be ready. At around 2:30, a CM called me to tell me that they could get us in an HA room right away. I politely declined, saying that we really needed the standard bathroom setup. She told me that our studio would be ready between 3 and 3:30.

At 3:15, we received a text telling us that our studio, 1510, was ready. We were in the Villas lobby at that time, so we immediately headed up.

At 3:30, a mousekeeping CM opened the door without knocking. She was surprised to find us there. She said that it was her job to do a final inspection. At the time, we thought everything he looked fine. She left.

A bit later, I noticed that we didn't have the dish liquid, dish towel and sponge needed to clean the glassware. My wife thought that we should also have GF robes; they were in every photo of the VGF that she saw. I also wanted a few extra garbage bags, plates and bowls; we eat breakfast in the room each morning.

I wrote a list:

Studio 1510
- dish towel, dish liquid and sponge
- robes (?)
- extra garbage bags
- additional plates and bowls

I stopped at concierge on the way through the lobby. The CM there looked at me like I was nuts. "Why do you need these things?" "What robes?" "You can wash the dishes in the dishwasher."

In any event, a CM stopped with the plates, bags and bowls a bit later. We got a sponge and Palmolive. And about 50 garbage bags. No robes.

My wife said the CM had no clue about robes or dish towels.

Odd.

We had an interesting mousekeeping issue last week at VGF. We arrived at around 1:30 on checkin day. We decided to grab lunch and enjoy the resort while we waited for our studio to be ready. At around 2:30, a CM called me to tell me that they could get us in an HA room right away. I politely declined, saying that we really needed the standard bathroom setup. She told me that our studio would be ready between 3 and 3:30.

At 3:15, we received a text telling us that our studio, 1510, was ready. We were in the Villas lobby at that time, so we immediately headed up.

At 3:30, a mousekeeping CM opened the door without knocking. She was surprised to find us there. She said that it was her job to do a final inspection. At the time, we thought everything he looked fine. She left.

A bit later, I noticed that we didn't have the dish liquid, dish towel and sponge needed to clean the glassware. My wife thought that we should also have GF robes; they were in every photo of the VGF that she saw. I also wanted a few extra garbage bags, plates and bowls; we eat breakfast in the room each morning.

I wrote a list:

Studio 1510
- dish towel, dish liquid and sponge
- robes (?)
- extra garbage bags
- additional plates and bowls

I stopped at concierge on the way through the lobby. The CM there looked at me like I was nuts. "Why do you need these things?" "What robes?" "You can wash the dishes in the dishwasher."

In any event, a CM stopped with the plates, bags and bowls a bit later. We got a sponge and Palmolive. And about 50 garbage bags. No robes.

My wife said the CM had no clue about robes or dish towels.

Odd.

Often you will find that CM's know less about DVC/Disney than you do. I was surprised to find that most never set foot inside the rooms or even check out their surroundings.

Towels and linens are placed in baskets outside the door on the mornings that a unit is scheduled for T&T or Full Cleanings. This indicates to the housekeepers which units are scheduled, they come in throughout the day to clean/place towels.

The problems I've had with my days was because the neighbors helped themselves to the items before the housekeepers got to my unit, and I had to call housekeeping to get my service.

In March at BLT for 9 nights I never got a full cleaning or trash and towel. On the 5th day at night I called and said I at least needed the coffee and towels a mouse keeper showed up and basically threw them at me. I hate confrontation but I called the next morning anyway to ask about my full cleaning and was told they had no idea if I was getting one that day or which day, well okay then ha

In the past I don't think cleaning or trash and towel have been on consistent days very much, at AKV they did trash and towel on the wrong day and took DS's swimsuit when we called to try and get it back she basically told us to kiss it goodbye and people pull this stunt all the time to get something free? We just wanted it back DS has special needs and he was not taking it well.

I don't want to spend my vacation time making calls to get services so most of the time I just figure it's part of DVC

Towels and linens are placed in baskets outside the door on the mornings that a unit is scheduled for T&T or Full Cleanings. This indicates to the housekeepers which units are scheduled, they come in throughout the day to clean/place towels.

The problems I've had with my days was because the neighbors helped themselves to the items before the housekeepers got to my unit, and I had to call housekeeping to get my service.

In our case they never show to place the items from the basket. Once at SSR we left the basket outside for a couple of days just to see what would happen, it sat there until we called housekeeping.

I've been lurking on this thread and other dvc threads because I have been toying with the idea of buying dvc resale. After reading through this thread, I think I will continue to enjoy my stays in regular Disney rooms and not dvc rooms, villas, etc. I really like mouse keeping coming by each day and returning to a cleaned room after a long day in the parks. It just doesn't make sense to me to pay for an ownership and get less service. I have an AP and go to Disney several times a year, so I thought dvc might be a smart choice, but I think I'd rather spend a little more and know that my room is getting cleaned.

I've been lurking on this thread and other dvc threads because I have been toying with the idea of buying dvc resale. After reading through this thread, I think I will continue to enjoy my stays in regular Disney rooms and not dvc rooms, villas, etc. I really like mouse keeping coming by each day and returning to a cleaned room after a long day in the parks. It just doesn't make sense to me to pay for an ownership and get less service. I have an AP and go to Disney several times a year, so I thought dvc might be a smart choice, but I think I'd rather spend a little more and know that my room is getting cleaned.
you can pay for housekeeping but it's difficult to find a savings if you do.

I felt just like you for years. I came close to buying DVC back in the mid-90s, but when I found out about the mousekeeping situation, I said "NO WAY! I'll keep staying at POR [well, Dixie Landings to me] where I get mousekeeping every day!" Finally in 2002, we fell in love with VWL, and bought despite the mousekeeping situation, because we knew that we could pay for daily mousekeeping and were sure we would. However, on our first stay, we never got "roundtuit" in ordering daily mousekeeping. Guess what-we LOVED not having it! And no one was more surprised than us. It was a great feeling to know that no one would come into OUR villa. Now we often request no housekeeping, at least not daily, when we stay at hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter