Does MCO have the new Body Scanner that everyone is chatting about?

Well, I'm a size 22/24 so I don't think it's MY pic they'd be keeping around :) But I'm not too crazy about the idea either. Also saw on Yahoo today that they are asking people not to wear loose clothing for traveling because it complicates patdowns. Sorry but I'm not gonna fly 11 hours in skinny jeans. Especially since they should be called scary jeans when they're on me.:rotfl2:

not to be disrespectful, but just to let you knowI read an article that the TSA doen't like heavy people or those that don't bathe. I don't think weight or anything has to do with it. It's privacy in my mind. I really don't think scanning / searching some will do it. I think dogs will do a better job and much less intimdiating.

Well, I'm French, but I'm also a big fan of Bath & Body Works so TSA will only hate me for my weight.

THe student that filmed the young boy at the airport was just on Glenn Beck. He said how a man in a black suit talked to him after the film (he said he filmed it like many of us film things now with a phone, he saw the little boy being disrobed ) anyway turns out that the little boy was autistic and scared. MAKES me sick. Turns out the TSA is saying the filmer is lying about all. He sounded very real to me just hearing him talk. A regular person seeing a TSA shouting and a small child being disrobed turns out 6 yr. old. Something has to give.

I work at MCO, and yes the scanners are here, but in what capacity, I am not sure.

I go through security on the A side of the terminal, which is where Southwest, Delta, Jet Blue, Virgin Atlantic and America, Luthansa, British Air, and also Airtran all go out of. From what I could gather, there are at least 2 of the machines installed, in lanes 1 and 2 from the looks of it. I am usually in the middle of all the lanes as an employee, so I dont ever get close enough. I know it was being used this morning on the A side, as one of the passengers on the tram with me was complaining about being groped cause she opted out.

I havent ventured over to the B side to see whats going on over there...

Thank you ... that was just the information I was looking for.

:)

THe student that filmed the young boy at the airport was just on Glenn Beck. He said how a man in a black suit talked to him after the film (he said he filmed it like many of us film things now with a phone, he saw the little boy being disrobed ) anyway turns out that the little boy was autistic and scared. MAKES me sick. Turns out the TSA is saying the filmer is lying about all. He sounded very real to me just hearing him talk. A regular person seeing a TSA shouting and a small child being disrobed turns out 6 yr. old. Something has to give.
You are aware of the fact that the little boy's father removed his son's shirt, right??? His son was being very shy and it was slowing the process down, so he just reached down and removed the shirt to make it quicker. According to the father, the TSA was not having any issue and did not ask for anything to be removed. In fact, they tried to stop the father. The father removed the shirt, TSA saw there was nothing hiding, the shirt was put back on and dad and son walked away. The father has been quoted as saying he had no issues with the TSA at all.

You are aware of the fact that the little boy's father removed his son's shirt, right??? His son was being very shy and it was slowing the process down, so he just reached down and removed the shirt to make it quicker. According to the father, the TSA was not having any issue and did not ask for anything to be removed. In fact, they tried to stop the father. The father removed the shirt, TSA saw there was nothing hiding, the shirt was put back on and dad and son walked away. The father has been quoted as saying he had no issues with the TSA at all.

yes, it was because it was upset and as it turns out that I just found out he is 6 and autistic as well. THe bottom line is he's not the only one. Did you see the 3 yr. old little girl? MANY i'm sure are embarrased or reluctant to make their experiences known as well. What about the 61 yr. old retired teacher that had to ask permission to pull his undergarment back up and the urine that leaked all over him? Saw him describing his experience with the TSA, he explained all the medical problems as well-didn't matter. Too much and just too invasive.

But . . . but . . . but . . . TSA would not continue to process the guy who striped to his underwear. That the kids dad did it is no excuse for the TSAer to continue the patdown.

not to be disrespectful, but just to let you knowI read an article that the TSA doen't like heavy people or those that don't bathe. I don't think weight or anything has to do with it. It's privacy in my mind. I really don't think scanning / searching some will do it. I think dogs will do a better job and much less intimdiating.

Nothing beats a cold long dog snout in the crotch!:rotfl:

we just came back from Orlando today....

Terminal A line queques (sic) have been improved vastly, they seem to have more control with "dividers" to keep people in lane both before boarding pass/ID check point and for getting to the "carry on" check

the line to the left for "regular" travelers, has the shortest radius once you pass the "ID" check ....ie you get to "carry on" check quicker

all this was from our observation today

it did not seem to take more than 20 minutes to get through even though the lines into the terminal seemed long when we first got there

kudos to Orlando for improving their setup which in the past was very "chaotic" to say the least

They only seemed to have ONE body scanner, with the rest being the "walk through" metal detetors

The body scanner area seemed to be in the lines used by families and people with disabilities

I hope that last part is wrong - not because of a "profiling" reason, but those of us with disabilities are the most likely to have problems with or be unable to use the scanner! why put it in the place where no one can use it?

I hope that last part is wrong - not because of a "profiling" reason, but those of us with disabilities are the most likely to have problems with or be unable to use the scanner! why put it in the place where no one can use it?

Its not...I posted about this already....and it is in fact LIVE...saw it in use today

Its not...I posted about this already....and it is in fact LIVE...saw it in use today

Well that is just silly - lots of people with LOTS of reasons why they cannot do the scanners! I would think it would make more sense to have them in a place where most people can use them easily!

Nothing beats a cold long dog snout in the crotch!:rotfl:

Better that than a strangers hand. Anyway, the dogs would most likely only be there for a reason. Their noses have a very strong sense of smell. They are trained to sit next to an area of interest.

Well that is just silly - lots of people with LOTS of reasons why they cannot do the scanners! I would think it would make more sense to have them in a place where most people can use them easily!

Yeap . . . ITA . . . But TSA management isn't known for common sense. Next thing you know they will select people from various other lines for the scan and thus either separate them from their posessions or have TSAers being baggage porters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter