• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does Test Track and other outdoor attractions run in the rain (if no lightning in area)?

BigOHawk

Mouseketeer
Are advice or pointers on this? Our Epcot this day is trending rainy, although we can't seem to predict weather a day in advance, let alone 6 days! Although, after watching all the beautiful weather the past few weeks Murphy's law is in effect again, cooler and rain chances...ugh!

Test Track is the only ride that shuts down due to moderate rain. It doesn’t open til it’s deemed to be dry enough.
Characters will not come out/stay out in the rain.

Other rides may shut down for extremely heavy rain. Note that Florida’s definition of heavy rain is different from some other places! I once was in a northern state and the person I was with commented it was pouring outside but I thought it was just a normal rainfall, no biggie. 😂 Rides won’t usually shut down for rain though other than TT, unless an exit/entrance becomes a mini pond. Lightening within two(?) miles within past twenty minutes or so shuts down everything outside that isn’t under a shelter.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter