• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does the 'my disney experience' work for anyone?

WDWPooh

Mouseketeer
And whats your magical secret? I have tried it all. It switched me automatically... now I cant do anything.
I need to make payment and cancel adr. And I am a stranger to Mickey at this point lol

:badpc::furious:

Just about to scream I am so frustrated. I was on the old site not more than an hour ago updating an ADR. My daughter calls I flip back to tell her what time our Ohana reservation is and I get this new site. It knows who I am but my resort reservation does not exist and half of my dining reservations apparently have the wrong phone number on them.

I just talked to Disney dining and they had my reservations. Thankfully my trip is already paid for as we are arriving in 42 days. I just hope it is really still there.

The app is also bugged. I keep trying to add my dinning reservation and it says I can't do that because I'm not the primary guest. But guess what? I AM! I made all the arrangements and used the same log in and phone number. They really should test these things before going live with them.

wants me to enter info correctly.. I am lol!!!
so frustrated with this.
I have tried to clear the history, I have tried it all. Its a mess and I cant do anything.

When I originally logged on my reservation information was not attached to my login id. Then I added all the members of my party and changed the primary guest (I think that is the term) to my husband and all information was found.

This is funny since I am the one who made the reservations and in my name.

Once I made this switch working with My Experience has been a breeze.

Good luck. I know how frustrating it can be when something is not working like it should.

I switched to it a few days ago. None of my reservations were on there. I had to manually add back in my resort and all dining ADRS. Pain in the butt!! But since then it seems to be ok. The mobile app doesn't work for me though. I downloaded it for my Android. Nothing seems to link into it, the only thing I can do explore the parks.

whats the difference between this app and the older one. I have the older one but we dont use it a lot because we dont usually do dining resv and we know the parks like the back of our hands we've been so much that we dont need the maps really.

Anything cool about this app that I would need it. Guess I can just download it and play around since its free

I switched to it a few days ago. None of my reservations were on there. I had to manually add back in my resort and all dining ADRS. Pain in the butt!! But since then it seems to be ok. The mobile app doesn't work for me though. I downloaded it for my Android. Nothing seems to link into it, the only thing I can do explore the parks.

Same for me. And now that I went through the process of entering them individually, I like the fact that whenever I log in and click "my disney experience," all the reservations (both resort and dining) appear immediately without all trouble I used to experience on the old site.

On the other hand, I'd like to make a slight change in one of our dining times, and the dining reservations section of the website hasn't worked for me in days. The first time I click the calendar to set the date, I get the spinning rainbow wheel and safari is "not responding." I don't need to make significant changes or make new reservations - but if I did, that would be really frustrating.

The website won't even come up at all on google chrome.

I managed to add all my dining reservations and my RO reservation but my S/P/D package was a no go. I've tried using all my phone numbers and wrote my name in all uppercase, then lowercase and I finally I decided to enter it lIkE tHiS but alas, it still haven't been able to find anything. I'm glad I already paid in full because I have the invoice to show them if something happens to my package reservation.

ETA:

I called the number the app gives you for related My Disney Experience problems and a nice CM named Tim explained something I did not know. If you have a package with a small number (mine was a 7 alphanumeric sequence) and try to link that reservation the website will not recognize it as a valid reservation. You need the big number (which is a 12 numeric sequence) to link the package reservation to the website. I looked all over my reservations and that number IS NOT on any of my emails. SO, if you can't find that number you need to call (407) 939-3471 and ask for that. All my reservations are now linked to my account and I'm loving playing with the itinerary!

LucyBC80 said:
I managed to add all my dining reservations and my RO reservation but my S/P/D package was a no go. I've tried using all my phone numbers and wrote my name in all uppercase, then lowercase and I finally I decided to enter it lIkE tHiS but alas, it still haven't been able to find anything. I'm glad I already paid in full because I have the invoice to show them if something happens to my package reservation.

ETA:

I called the number the app gives you for related My Disney Experience problems and a nice CM named Tim explained something I did not know. If you have a package with a small number (mine was a 7 alphanumeric sequence) and try to link that reservation the website will not recognize it as a valid reservation. You need the big number (which is a 12 numeric sequence) to link the package reservation to the website. I looked all over my reservations and that number IS NOT on any of my emails. SO, if you can't find that number you need to call (407) 939-3471 and ask for that. All my reservations are now linked to my account and I'm loving playing with the itinerary!

Well that's another product of bad IT right there. I work in development....user interfaces and the like. Whoever came up with an idea to require an I.d that the end user doesn't posses, should have emailed them out, or use the ID everyone already had. Sheesh. Maybe I should apply to their IT dept. no. Never mind. I'd be s o frustrated with them I'd quit. Lol

Well that's another product of bad IT right there. I work in development....user interfaces and the like. Whoever came up with an idea to require an I.d that the end user doesn't posses, should have emailed them out, or use the ID everyone already had. Sheesh. Maybe I should apply to their IT dept. no. Never mind. I'd be s o frustrated with them I'd quit. Lol

Funny thing is, after you went the big number, guess which one appears on the website as a confirmation number? :badpc:

It did not recognize any of my information and wanted me to manually enter everything. I started to do that. Then it didn't recognize that. I don't have time to play around with stupidity.

Searching for an adr was another story. Modifying was a nightmare. The site and the app are frustrating and a waste of valuable time. Too many errors and complications. If it's not broken, don't try to fix it.

i've got a similar problem. It says "your vacation is 9 days away" and shows the check in online link. WhEN I try to check in online, it says that the information does not match (it is 12 numbers). BUT..it shows it on my homepage. I just want to check in...

Oh, and it was MDE yesterday, but its the old site again today. ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter