Dogs allowed?

lexxus379

Mouseketeer
We are somewhat local and were thinking of going to Orlando for weekend with our dogs. If I wanted to run into Epcot to grab something, would they let us park and my husband stay in the car with our dogs? I wasn't sure if anyone at the parking lot entrance would say anything.

We are somewhat local and were thinking of going to Orlando for weekend with our dogs. If I wanted to run into Epcot to grab something, would they let us park and my husband stay in the car with our dogs? I wasn't sure if anyone at the parking lot entrance would say anything.
If the dog stays in the car with your husband I wouldn’t think it would be a problem ….

If the dog stays in the car with your husband I wouldn’t think it would be a problem ….
OP said “dogs” not “dog”. It seems to be up to the discretion of the parking attendant according to the policy and don’t know how many employees would extend themselves and their jobs for a multiple favor. Again maybe luck will be on their side but I’d have a plan B.

If the dogs aren't all up in your face when you pull through the parking kiosks where you pay, the attendant won't even know they are in the car. People waiving you one way or another won't see them or stop you.

OP said “dogs” not “dog”. It seems to be up to the discretion of the parking attendant according to the policy and don’t know how many employees would extend themselves and their jobs for a multiple favor. Again maybe luck will be on their side but I’d have a plan B.
I saw what appear to be non service dog (dogs) inside the parks (very easy to tell the imposters) so if they aren’t being challenged at the turnstiles I highly doubt they will be challenged at the parking lot gates. I don’t really think the definition of common area includes the interior of a privately owned vehicle

I saw what appear to be non service dog (dogs) inside the parks (very easy to tell the imposters) so if they aren’t being challenged at the turnstiles I highly doubt they will be challenged at the parking lot gates. I don’t really think the definition of common area includes the interior of a privately owned vehicle
When we stayed at YC I was amazed at the amount of dogs I didn’t see after they changed the policy. It seemed most pet owners were being very solicitous.
Really don’t recall seeing any dogs within the parks but wasn’t focused on that.

Dogs don’t bother me as long as they are not in my house but I accept that is not the case for all.
As for the dogs in the privately owned vehicle which in turn would like to be in the parking lot AKA common space of WDW… well I’m sure you see how that works.
I hope every thing works out for OP but I would be remiss if I didn’t point out the possible realities.
Peace out!

If the dogs aren't all up in your face when you pull through the parking kiosks where you pay, the attendant won't even know they are in the car. People waiving you one way or another won't see them or stop you.
That's what I was thinking too. We have 2 frenchies so it's not like they are big dogs and could probably hide them fairly easily.

When we stayed at YC I was amazed at the amount of dogs I didn’t see after they changed the policy. It seemed most pet owners were being very solicitous.
Really don’t recall seeing any dogs within the parks but wasn’t focused on that.

Dogs don’t bother me as long as they are not in my house but I accept that is not the case for all.
As for the dogs in the privately owned vehicle which in turn would like to be in the parking lot AKA common space of WDW… well I’m sure you see how that works.
I hope every thing works out for OP but I would be remiss if I didn’t point out the possible realities.
Peace out!
The OP said “husband stay in the car with our dogs” … dogs are welcome in some WDW hotels I would assume that at some point their owners would have traversed some ‘common area’ on the property in which to get them there … I’m of the opinion based on what I have seen that nobody will challenge their presence as long as they don’t get out of the vehicle and doubt they would be challenged even if they did get out. Enjoy the day!

Thank you everyone for all your thoughts and responses!! I didn't want to call Disney to verify to be on hold for who knows how long so I asked here instead lol. I was on the website making my park reservations and noticed they had a chat feature (duh!). I asked a cast member who told me as long as my husband stays in the car with them, it's fine. So that's what I'm going to go with!

Thank you everyone for all your thoughts and responses!! I didn't want to call Disney to verify to be on hold for who knows how long so I asked here instead lol. I was on the website making my park reservations and noticed they had a chat feature (duh!). I asked a cast member who told me as long as my husband stays in the car with them, it's fine. So that's what I'm going to go with!
So common sense prevails! Sweet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter