How do you do a room request at DLH?

erinch

Parsing the same ee cummings poem for 20 years
WDW regular going to DLR for 4 nights in June. I have a premium view reserved at DLH. It says it can be a king or 2 queens.

First,How do I request a king, if available? And so they have mostly 2 queens or are there lots of kings?

Second, are premium views in all towers? If so, what towers are prefereable?

Hi and Welcome!

There are far fewer king rooms, I believe. The best way to request one is to call and have it noted, and call again shortly before your trip. I would also check again when you arrive if you haven't heard yet what your room will be from automatic check-in. I always go to the front desk when I arrive to be sure I have the best shot at getting what I requested. I think the go-to for DL reservations is just to assign people to rooms as they come up without taking much note of the special requests.

My favorite premium view room is in the Adventure Tower with DTD view. There are nice views from almost every room in Adventure--one side is pool, the other DTD and outward. I like the DTD side because you have a nice view of the fireworks and the higher rooms have views of World of Color. It's well located for almost everything.

Frontier is my least favorite unless I'm getting a suite. One whole side is parking lot view with not much else of interest to see, and it's farther away from most everything. The suites are great, though. They're on the upper level with views of the pool and resort and have very nice layouts.

The lobby tower has the pool on one side and a parking lot on the other, but you don't notice the parking lot that much, although maybe it's more noticeable on a lower floor (I don't know). You can also see parts of Disneyland (especially higher up) and you get a view of the fireworks. It's easy to get to everything at the resort from there.

I'm a big fan of Disneyland Hotel! When I stayed there, I just called the hotel directly to request a king bed, and they were really accommodating. As for the premium views, they're typically available in all towers, but some people prefer the Adventure Tower for its proximity to the parks and the cool theme. Others like the Frontier Tower for its views of the park.

You can call and request what you want but they won't guarantee it. My favorite premium view is in Adventure tower. I'm not sure if you might just be overlooking DTD construction right now. Maybe someone who has been there recently can clarify if it's still going on.
I agree with DizMe about Frontier- it feels so much further than Adventure, especially at the end of the day.

Call the hotel directly about 10-14 days out to make your request.

Definitely ask for Adventure Tower. I believe most if not all of the king rooms are in that tower. We managed to get one overlooking the pool on the 9th floor after some back and forth with the front desk and manager when we checked in.

We once got a suite in the Frontier Tower that had a great view of the pools, but other than that, the only thing to recommend the Frontier Tower is its proximity to Trader Sam's and the nice seating area by the firepit that's right outside that tower.

If you have a room in the Adventure Tower, you will need one on the upper floors for a view.
Otherwise you will be looking at trees.

If you have a room in the Adventure Tower, you will need one on the upper floors for a view.
Otherwise you will be looking at trees.
The rooms with blocked views aren't premium. The OP has a premium room booked so if they're in Adventure, it would be on a higher floor, either DTD or pool view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter