Doing Disney overweight

I rode Primeval Whirl with my sister and niece. They had one side, and I had the other. That meant that I had a seat for 2 by myself. I've ridden many rides with chubby me and chubby dh with no problem. If given a choice...choose being stuffed in there like pigs. I hated being tossed around.

That was a painful ride for a pooh size gal. I love the twirly stuff, but lap bars would be better.

as a previous post stated allearsnet.com has alot of info for plus or "pooh" sized folks. I think it's WDW at large. They also have pics of turnstiles & seats for all of the attractions. ;)

Hi! I have read through most of the replies but I have noticed that most of you are tall "Pooh" sized. I am really "Pooh" sized :rotfl: I am 5'2 and weigh 280, I wear a size 24/26 and am pretty top heavy. Will I still be ok at Disney? We are going in March. I went to Universal studios last year and had no problems on anything there, I even rode the Woody Woodpecker Ride (kiddie rollercoaster) :woohoo: This is my first trip to disneyworld ( I am 27) and I want it to be a wonderful experience. Thanks!!!!

Hi! I have read through most of the replies but I have noticed that most of you are tall "Pooh" sized. I am really "Pooh" sized :rotfl: I am 5'2 and weigh 280, I wear a size 24/26 and am pretty top heavy. Will I still be ok at Disney? We are going in March. I went to Universal studios last year and had no problems on anything there, I even rode the Woody Woodpecker Ride (kiddie rollercoaster) :woohoo: This is my first trip to disneyworld ( I am 27) and I want it to be a wonderful experience. Thanks!!!!

I think you'll be fine. Go, have a fun time and be sure to take it all in. When you first walk down Main St. in MK, take in the sights, smells.....be sure to try and do things as slow as possible at one point. I realize you won't always take it nice and slow, but try and carve out a piece of your day to do so. :thumbsup2

I think you'll be fine. Go, have a fun time and be sure to take it all in. When you first walk down Main St. in MK, take in the sights, smells.....be sure to try and do things as slow as possible at one point. I realize you won't always take it nice and slow, but try and carve out a piece of your day to do so. :thumbsup2

Thank you! I was just worried about that one thing. I am so excited... a month is just too long to wait :upsidedow

You will be completely OK. I am 5'4" and what some consider super pooh-sized with the bulk of my weight in my stomach, hips and butt and I had no problems on almost everything. The only things I didn't care for were the teacups because the spinny wheel hit me right mid-tummy and Primevil Whirl at AK since the ride vehicle is just set up weird. Everything else was a dream. Don't worry and have a fab time!!!

I have gotten over most of the hangups with going through the gates,etc. Everyone can see me. They all have eyes. If I try to hide that I'm going in through a gate, is everyone suddenly going to think that I'm skinny? Nope. I'm on vacation. I want to see the ride/show. Open the friggin gate i wanna have some fun!

I LOVE this!

Hey hisspoiledwife, What all did you go on at Universal? we are going this March after Disney and I am curious if it will be as easy as disney; I'm 320 and 5'7"

You seem to be almost exactly my size... I am 5'3 and 280... also top heavy, but also with widening hips.... and I had absolutely no problems at Disney... nothing was even a tight fit! So you should have NO problems at all.

On a side note... I have avoided even considering going to Universal because I was afraid of the size issues (ya know the ones that I have found everywhere other than Disney, and are probably the very issues that prompted the start of this thread to begin with)

Go.. have fun!

I have been to disney 7 times and all 7 times a big girl. I have never had trouble riding the rides or even doing all those miles of walking. My dh says it is "disney mode" :). Seriously we start walking several weeks before we go to help. I wear croc shoes. However I started a life change NOT DIET a week ago. We are supposed to go to WDW in NOV/DEC and I would love to go a lot smaller. So that is my goal to stay focused. I would love to be a decent size in all the pictures we take so that is what I am working for. However once again I never had any issues going to disney a big girl. Enjoy!

I have been to disney 7 times and all 7 times a big girl. I have never had trouble riding the rides or even doing all those miles of walking. My dh says it is "disney mode" :). Seriously we start walking several weeks before we go to help. I wear croc shoes. However I started a life change NOT DIET a week ago. We are supposed to go to WDW in NOV/DEC and I would love to go a lot smaller. So that is my goal to stay focused. I would love to be a decent size in all the pictures we take so that is what I am working for. However once again I never had any issues going to disney a big girl. Enjoy!

Good Luck!

I'm trying to make a LIFE CHANGE too! I had decided to start slowly by just changing one thing at a time. I have kicked the sugary soft drink habit. (Yay ME!)

I'm getting serious now. That means for me, no fried foods, no bread on the side, no LOADED baked potatoes, etc. When I get that mastered...I will then turn to my real issue of being a veggie hater. I'm hoping to add in some real exercise along the way too.

My biggest issue is commitment. I know that it takes an attitude of "I'm going to do this, period." I just don't seem to ever get there.

Haven't read all the comments (at work, :surfweb:) but I thought I'd share something....

Personally, I think Space Mountain is one of the most difficult rides to get out of - no matter what your size is!

It's actually a favorite past time of mine to watch people struggle as they get out of the seats. :rotfl:

Too bad the trains aren't like the ones in DL Space Mountain.

OH! And the last time I went on Dudley Doright in IOA it was a tight, difficult squeeze. I don't know if they've changed the seats since March 2008, but it was pretty embarrassing. Btw, I'm a size 22.

I have not been able to fit on some rides at smaller theme parks, but have never had a problem at Disney. I do not have a problem with the tea cups, but Space Mountain and Astro Orbitor took a little more effort.

Thank you so much! I am no longer worried, I am just filled with excitement..I can't wait to go!!! When I went to Universal Studios I rode The Mummy, Jimmy Neutron (if you have a big butt like me, it's a little uncomfortable but fun), Shrek 4-D, Jaws, The Simpsons, E-T, Disaster!, Twister (you stand up, its a show..it's great), Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster (for kids, but I couldn't resist myself :cool1:), Men In Black, Terminator 2... It was a blast...if I could fit, you will too..go and have fun!!!! I did not get to ride the Rip Ride And Rockit because is was still in the testing phase so I don't know about this one, and I didn't go to Islands of Adventure so I can't speak for that park at all. But thanks again for all of the reassurances!!!! :flower3:

Hello!!

Were there changes to DL's Haunted Mansion?

How about Star Tours and Space Mountain. I was just at Disneyland a year ago but couldn't ride them because of pregnancy.

My only issues at 5'0 and 250#s were the Tea Cups (got on, but wasn't all that comfortable) and the turnstile at either Snow White or Pinocchio. I can't remember which one. I had to stand on my tip toes to keep it moving.

This was a great thread to help ease my fears about our last trip. I am 5'6" and weighed 312 for my last trip (size 28). I carry weight in my tummy, rear, hips and arms. I used the old trick of pulling out the seatbelt all the way BEFORE you sit down and it worked every time - I had no issues with any restraint. Also, during the Muppet show, the seats were excruciatingly tight but the trick I read to sit on the edge and slide back rather than to try and force yourself down over the arm rests - worked like a charm! I had no problems! As for turnstiles, I would turn sideways or I'd just walk through the handicap one. No one ever said anything to me. I will say that the only issue I had the entire trip was the exit turnstile at Small World - it was so tiny that even turned sideways I almost got stuck. I had to stand on tip toes and just launch myself through.

I used to weigh 421 pounds and let me tell you, it did make some things more difficult at Disney. I wasn't able to ride a couple rides like space mountain and indiana jones. Other than that I was good to go. Disney for the most part is pretty accomodating for larger individuals.

I think you'll have a blast!

Gary

Hi Everyone. I,too, am pooh sized. I'm 5'4 and weigh now around 235-240.(been stress eating):guilty: We are going to Sea World and Universal Studios in California in just 2 weeks and I'm REALLY stressed about fitting in the rides. Has anyone been there and had any experience with this.

Also, I just want reassurance about riding California Screamin.:scared1:

I have been wanting to take my daughter (age 5) to WDW for awhile now, but have been soooo worried about fitting in the rides... I've been trying to lose some weight (again) for the trip, but not much luck.

The info you all have given so far is amazing... makes me feel much better.

Does anyone have any experience with Dinoland rides like Primeval Whirl?

Also, I saw a picture of the Toy Story Mania ride and it looked tight.

I am only 5'3" and about 265lbs but very round... all stomach, hips and backside. I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

I have been wanting to take my daughter (age 5) to WDW for awhile now, but have been soooo worried about fitting in the rides... I've been trying to lose some weight (again) for the trip, but not much luck.

The info you all have given so far is amazing... makes me feel much better.

Does anyone have any experience with Dinoland rides like Primeval Whirl?

Also, I saw a picture of the Toy Story Mania ride and it looked tight.

I am only 5'3" and about 265lbs but very round... all stomach, hips and backside. I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

I can't help you with primeval whirl...cause i cant take the spinning motions have never tried it... however, I am about the exact same size as you (maybe even bigger) and I had absolutely no trouble on Toy Story Mania when we went in 2008.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter