Doing It Deluxe, Indulgence for 14 Nights... With Pics!! **Update: CALIFORNIA GRILL**

I think I may have to drag my Mom and Aunt to Planet Hollywood for our first trip in 2009 because I will not leave without trying that food! :laughing: It all looks so good! The Texas Tostadas and Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie and everything else.. Yummy! If only there was a smiley drooling.. We don't have PH here so I am totally planning on going!

Can't wait to read the other reviews and drool over the yummy food pictures. :rotfl:

Can't wait to read more!

Wow! I can't wait to read all of the review, 14 days of Disney dining!!! We ate here in June and I enjoyed it too! It was a little loud for some of the people in our group.

I am soooooo here. Love the foodie family. One of the great reasons to go to the world. Can't to keep hearing about it.
:banana: Happy you're all here!!!:banana:
Wow, at first glance I thought that the three of you were just a few friends taking a vacation together. :laughing: What a great family!

I'm glad to see the positive review of Planet Hollywood. Of course I'm a bit of a movie nut and would go there regardless of how many bad reviews it has!

Can't wait for the rest...:thumbsup2
We are huge Movie fans, we have a hard time finding one at Family Video to rent that we haven't seen!

I think I may have to drag my Mom and Aunt to Planet Hollywood for our first trip in 2009 because I will not leave without trying that food! :laughing: It all looks so good! The Texas Tostadas and Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie and everything else.. Yummy! If only there was a smiley drooling.. We don't have PH here so I am totally planning on going!

Can't wait to read the other reviews and drool over the yummy food pictures. :rotfl:
No Ph close to us either, I have been to the PH at Mall of America when it was still there, it is just a fun place to go! Hope you have fun when you get to go! Make sure you explore all the different floors before or after you eat, just let them know you want to look around and they don't mind at all.... and use the stairs on the way up, as there are movie props there too!

Next Up ... RAGLAND ROAD for a late Supper on arrival day!

No Ph close to us either, I have been to the PH at Mall of America when it was still there, it is just a fun place to go! Hope you have fun when you get to go! Make sure you explore all the different floors before or after you eat, just let them know you want to look around and they don't mind at all.... and use the stairs on the way up, as there are movie props there too!

Thanks for all the tips! I'll be sure to remember them. How many different floors are there?

Thanks for all the tips! I'll be sure to remember them. How many different floors are there?

Off the top of my head I believe that there are 3 floors which you can view the different movie props on and get a great balcony view of the whole restaurant. During normal times you will be seated to eat on the lower level.

From one Hoosier to another welcome back home. I can't wait for all of your reviews! The deluxe plan has always interested me but we haven't tried it yet. In the back of my mind I'm thinking about it for our 25th anniversary trip next year. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

Lynn

Great review ! Keep 'em comin' !! :goodvibes

Those blackened shrimp look very tasty.

All the bad reviews of PH have kept us out of the place. Looks like we should reconsider.

Goes to show, you don't ever know until you try it yourself. :wizard:

Raglan Road , Dinner, 09-16-08

DSC05639.jpg

After a great lunch at Planet Hollywood, we spent the day pin trading, shopping, and then we were off to Pleasure Island where we enjoyed the Comedy Warehouse and The Adventurers Club, We will miss these places greatly!

We had a reservation for 11pm at Raglan Road, we showed up at 10:30pm and there was a line. We checked in and received a pager, then DW and I stepped into Mannequins to get one last look there, before its doom, no drinks just a step in and one last step on the dance floor. This took all about 5 minutes, we stepped out of the club and JoJo was there with pager in hand just beginning to alert us.

I was worried that we would get bad seats because they were so busy and we were early. Wrong... we got an excellent table which was situated right next to the dancing table and very near the main stage. This was a good start!

DSC05633.jpg

We had seen the inside of this place before but never sat down for a meal. What a fun place! The music on the main stage was great fun and the performers were very active with the audience. Getting to sit right next to the dance table was great, there were 3 or 4 dancing performances during the time we were there!

The food here was good. Unfortunately during the meal I apparently broke a tooth, which was a bother for the rest of the trip and almost caused me to need to get emergency procedure done, but I toughed it out!:headache:

Ok.. lets get on to the pics and I'll try to give some more details about different dishes....

Appetizers

DD
Crab Salad - $10.95
This was everybody's least favorite dish of the meal, not that it was bad cause there was nothing left, it was just a bit unusual, the potato in it I think is what made it so different.

DSC05638.jpg

DW
Drunk Chicken - Marinated whiskey glazed chicken kebabs served with romaine and lime dressing*$8.00
This was good and had a good flavor but was not very out of the ordinary of chicken. A good portion.

DSC05637.jpg

ME
Simple Smoked Salmon - Choice Irish smoked salmon served with capers, shallots and creme fraiche. - $12.50
This was the best salmon I had on the whole trip and the sides it was served with made it perfect, a very big portion but still wanted more! Everyone tried and everyone liked this!

DSC05636.jpg

Entrees

DD
Kevin's Heavenly Ham - Chef Kevin's signature dish. Oven-roasted loin of ham with an Irish Mist glaze and served with braised cabbage and creamed potato. - $20.95
Very Yummy and all gone!

DSC05642.jpg

DW
Mixed Grill- this is not on the online menus, but it had a lamb chop, chicken leg, blood sausage, sirloin steak, banger, and tomato, served on mash. - 28.50
Mary enjoyed most all of this dish except for the blood sausage, I tried it and liked it, I would have finished for her if my tooth wouldn't have hurt so bad. This dish had quite a different mix of meats that I wouldn't suggest unless you're an adventurous eater.

DSC05641.jpg

ME
Serious Sirloin Steak - 10oz sirloin topped with Irish whiskey glaze, and drizzled with fresh basil oil. Served with mashed potatoes and topped with crispy fried onion strings. - $26.50
This was a good steak. I liked it but would probably order something else next time so I could try something new. I ate most of it and would have finished it but half way thru I bit down on something wrong... must have been my fork and I damaged my tooth...OUCH!

DSC05640.jpg

Dessert
This ended up being the disappointment for the night only because by the time we ordered dessert they were out of everything but ice cream and the choice we all chose below, which was pretty good. I had my heart set on the Bread Pudding, but I didn't let it get me too down!

Wel all had the same thining -
Dunbrody Kiss, Chef Dundon’s gift to America. Chocolate. Add chocolate. Then add some more. With us? - $8.99
This was Chocolate goodness, but we weren't too sure about the bottom crust, which I think was suppose to be crushed Snickers Bar or something, it gave the finish a weird texture. The rasberries were a great addition to this dish.

DSC05643.jpg

Beverages
DD Iced Tea
DW Coke
ME Lemonade

Beverage 7.50
Food 134.37
Tax 9.23
Total $151.10

Service
The service here was very good. Our servers name was Dex and he was very attentive, keeping the drinks full and not rushing us at all! He even noticed that something was up with me and asked if I was OK.

Atmosphere
Very fun with the live entertainment which was excellent. There were lots of children there and the dress was very casual with many people in t-shirts and shorts. It was definitely a Pub surrounding being very loud with people moving all about.

Food
The food was good, and there are a couple items that I would love to eat again! Not your typical American cuisine, but since I've never been to Ireland, I cannot vouch for it being authentic, though I would guess it was as close to the real deal as it gets.

Overall I would recommend this place for all as long as you have no problem with loud environments. You can get pretty ordinary food here if you want it but you can get adventure if you are seeking it too! As far as returning.. I think that this will be a place we go back to for apps and drinks to catch the live entertainment! We would go back and eat a full meal here but there are other places that rank higher.

Thank you so much for your review of RR...DH has his heart set on that ham!

What a bummer they ran out of desserts, glad I booked for 7pm...they better have that bread pudding thing, I cannot wait to try it

Great reviews so far! :thumbsup2

We've had fantastic meals & service at PH, I'm always surprised by the negative attitude towards PH here on the Dis. Love the salmon and the Double Chocolate Brownie sundae :love:

Haven't tried RR yet, but may have to at least stop in on our next trip :goodvibes

I hadn't seen any pictures of the dancers there. In fact, I didn't even know they had them. Neat! We will probably go sit at the bar for drinks, apps, and desserts one night.

I'm here, I'm here! popcorn::

I don't eat at the theme restaurants at WDW (Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe) because I have them here locally. That's the only thing keeping me out of those places. It's just one of those "unwritten rules". ;)

Ouch about the tooth thing at Raglan Road! I hope you saw your dentist. :eek:

As for the food, I would definitely go back again. I'm sorry you had to miss the bread pudding.

From one Hoosier to another welcome back home. I can't wait for all of your reviews! The deluxe plan has always interested me but we haven't tried it yet. In the back of my mind I'm thinking about it for our 25th anniversary trip next year. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

Lynn

We loved the deluxe plan!

Hi neighbor:goodvibes signing on:thumbsup2

Hello :goodvibes
The Shrimp Fajitas look sooo good! I'm so in! :thumbsup2

The fajitas were excellent, you can also order them with chicken or beef.

Great review ! Keep 'em comin' !! :goodvibes

Those blackened shrimp look very tasty.

All the bad reviews of PH have kept us out of the place. Looks like we should reconsider.

Goes to show, you don't ever know until you try it yourself. :wizard:

The shrimp is what I had and they were big, full of flavor, and the sauce was good too!! The only thing wrong with them is that they were gone and I wanted more! Well, truthfully everything was portioned so well, that there is no way we could have eaten more!

Can't wait to try RR for the first time next month!!:thumbsup2

Thank you so much for your review of RR...DH has his heart set on that ham!

What a bummer they ran out of desserts, glad I booked for 7pm...they better have that bread pudding thing, I cannot wait to try it

I will be going back sometime to just have the bread pudding!

Great reviews so far! :thumbsup2

We've had fantastic meals & service at PH, I'm always surprised by the negative attitude towards PH here on the Dis. Love the salmon and the Double Chocolate Brownie sundae :love:

Haven't tried RR yet, but may have to at least stop in on our next trip :goodvibes

I hadn't seen any pictures of the dancers there. In fact, I didn't even know they had them. Neat! We will probably go sit at the bar for drinks, apps, and desserts one night.

We knew there was live music but the dancer was a surprise for us too!

great photos and reviews - especially the crab salad at RR!

I'm here, I'm here! popcorn::

I don't eat at the theme restaurants at WDW (Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe) because I have them here locally. That's the only thing keeping me out of those places. It's just one of those "unwritten rules". ;)

Ouch about the tooth thing at Raglan Road! I hope you saw your dentist. :eek:

As for the food, I would definitely go back again. I'm sorry you had to miss the bread pudding.

Dentist is on the agenda this week!

Wow! So can't wait for the rest!

I'm in! Can't wait!popcorn::

Thanks to everyone for the great comments!:thumbsup2

A few notes about the deluxe plan...

We didn't feel at all controlled by our ADR's, we in fact cancelled several and had no problems getting walk ups! We had this elaborate plan, but having the plan is the battle, it just makes me feel comfortable having it, but I don't mind at all making changes along the way!

We were late on several occasions for our time. We found ourselves very nervous the first time we were late, but experienced no problems with getting a table. We were even as much as 45 minutes late at one of the Signature restaurants and they said absolutely nothing to us, they were still very happy to see us and seated us without any hesitation(good table too).
Now, I don't suggest being late if you can help it, but sometimes when depending on the Disney transportion you will run into a glitch or two.

We really enjoyed the use of the Deluxe Plan, it allowed us to eat at all the Signature Restaurants, and do it with a large savings. 14 days was a long time to be on it, so next time if we go for 2 weeks we will schedule one week on basic, then the 2nd week on deluxe!

Well that is the end of my thoughts for now... next up.....

Yak n Yeti for Lunch
then
Jiko for Dinner

I might get these started tonight but maybe not till tomorrow?

Again, thanks everyone for tuning in :happytv: glad you are enjoying!

P.S. ... Yet to come somewhere along the way....
* Half eaten food pics:rotfl2:
* Mushroom pics:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter