Doing LL in one day!

drag n' fly

Sassy, salty and sweet....
Well I just got my coupons from Grumpyvet woohooo! Thanks Grumpyvet. Amy also sent me the new pamphlets for DL, DCA and LL. Holy macaroni is LL big! Can we actually do it in one day with shortened hours 10-5?

Great question! Anyone know if it can be done in one day? We're planning to go in November!!:cool1:

We did LL in a day, but with a 2 year old we really only did about half of it and skipped the areas where he wouldn't be able to go on any rides.

Not as big as you think! We did it in July and did not even stay till closing. Had a blast, don't get me wrong ..............just not an all day park!

Is their some sort of plan of attack once I get there?

When we had LL annual passes, we'd head immediately to the back of the park and work our way forward. We'd save the shows or the imagination zones (freeplay areas w/ Lego pieces) for the times when the kids needed a break from walking around. We'd go to the playgrounds, Miniland or visit the walk through displays when they needed to run around for a bit.

Just a suggestion: One of the first ride I'd try to get on quickly if your kids make the minimum height would be the "Sky Cruiser" ride because #1: It's pretty popular, and #2: The line is SOOOO slow. Another ride where we've found the line to take unusually long to get through is the "Safari Trek."

Have a great time!

I previously printed up my personal plan for LL, so am adding it to this one. I cannot stress the importance of getting there at opening, enough. No one else is there at that time....most of the park to yourself.

So, what I recommend is get there at opening and once thru the front area to make a right. If you go left, you will immediately be put into the little kid part which is cute. Great theming, non-scarey rides, (safari, dino coaster, Fairy Tale Brook and an area that you can dig for dinasaur bones). Great place, but should not start there. In the morning that is where everyone with little kids goes...so it is far more crowded in the morning than the afternoon when toddlers have all pooped out and have gone home!! In the AM you may have a 30 minute wait for the Safari ride, and find after lunch that the wait is 5 minutes!! Also, the Dinoland leads into Funtown which is also very cool, but once your 3 year old hits the play ground there, there will be no shifting her!!!
Go right, there you will first find the Coast Cruise...cute, worth it. Then the Aquazone..fun...you can get a little wet or medium wet on this one. I only ride it if I am wearing Tevas or such as my shoes always get really wet.
Then the Bioncle Blaster....re. Tea cup ride, then the Technic Coaster. One big hill which is high enough to be adult-fun.
Between the Coast Cruise and the Aquazone is an area where you can build your own legoracer and go down a track...and a 3D theater with two different films playing. The 3 D theater made my DD CRY at age 3 and 5, now at 7 she will go willingly but takes off her 3D glasses and plugs her ears. So, be warned. My DD can ride TOT at CA about 99 times, but is very sensitive to loud attractions...and scary (as she sees them) movies! Of the two shows, I prefer the LegoRacer themed one over the Spellbinder one.
Generally only go if it is super hot and I need AC.
Continue following the path and reach Castle Hill. Great theming. The Dragon coaster is pretty mellow, and the Royal Joust is painfully cute, if a slow loader. Knights tournament is one I don't much like...but others might enjoy. Usually longish wait for kind of unpleasant shaking motion.
Good icecream. Mediocre BBQ. And an awesome Redwood kid play structure. Cute little "nature trail" with a great creaky bridge. Live show on the stage..haven't caught this year's new one,so can't advise.
Then on to Pirate shores....log ride really lame!! Cranky's challenge fun.
Splash Battle..likely the longest line..but fun. Kid's water area...bring swimsuits!!!!
On to Funtown. All rides here are 3 year old friendly, airplane/boat/ helicopter. And the Volvo driving course, Your DD's will have to do separate ones due to ages, but great fun. Kid Power tower...we like it, but it has gotten lukewarm reactions from guests. Sky Cruiser looks like it would be fun. It actually isn't. It is a rollar coaster you pedal yourself. No matter what speed you pedal, go the same slow rate. So, of all the attractions, I say SKIP this one! The FIre Themed live performance is very cute.
Finally Explore Village. Great Playground. The entertainment show, ventriliquist is good.
And then back to the beginning. To ease the whining about leaving...we always stop at the shop on the left as you face the gates which allows you to buy candy by weight. Amazing how 70 cents worth of candy will make the exit much more attractive. Have a gummy shark and be on your way!!!
I think I have said enough. Sorry, even as a kid I was known to have a lot to say!!
Hope this helps!!!!! Amy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by grumpyvet : 09-13-2007 at 09:32 AM. Reason: typos

I previously printed up my personal plan for LL, so am adding it to this one. I cannot stress the importance of getting there at opening, enough. No one else is there at that time....most of the park to yourself.

So, what I recommend is get there at opening and once thru the front area to make a right. If you go left, you will immediately be put into the little kid part which is cute. Great theming, non-scarey rides, (safari, dino coaster, Fairy Tale Brook and an area that you can dig for dinasaur bones). Great place, but should not start there. In the morning that is where everyone with little kids goes...so it is far more crowded in the morning than the afternoon when toddlers have all pooped out and have gone home!! In the AM you may have a 30 minute wait for the Safari ride, and find after lunch that the wait is 5 minutes!! Also, the Dinoland leads into Funtown which is also very cool, but once your 3 year old hits the play ground there, there will be no shifting her!!!
Go right, there you will first find the Coast Cruise...cute, worth it. Then the Aquazone..fun...you can get a little wet or medium wet on this one. I only ride it if I am wearing Tevas or such as my shoes always get really wet.
Then the Bioncle Blaster....re. Tea cup ride, then the Technic Coaster. One big hill which is high enough to be adult-fun.
Between the Coast Cruise and the Aquazone is an area where you can build your own legoracer and go down a track...and a 3D theater with two different films playing. The 3 D theater made my DD CRY at age 3 and 5, now at 7 she will go willingly but takes off her 3D glasses and plugs her ears. So, be warned. My DD can ride TOT at CA about 99 times, but is very sensitive to loud attractions...and scary (as she sees them) movies! Of the two shows, I prefer the LegoRacer themed one over the Spellbinder one.
Generally only go if it is super hot and I need AC.
Continue following the path and reach Castle Hill. Great theming. The Dragon coaster is pretty mellow, and the Royal Joust is painfully cute, if a slow loader. Knights tournament is one I don't much like...but others might enjoy. Usually longish wait for kind of unpleasant shaking motion.
Good icecream. Mediocre BBQ. And an awesome Redwood kid play structure. Cute little "nature trail" with a great creaky bridge. Live show on the stage..haven't caught this year's new one,so can't advise.
Then on to Pirate shores....log ride really lame!! Cranky's challenge fun.
Splash Battle..likely the longest line..but fun. Kid's water area...bring swimsuits!!!!
On to Funtown. All rides here are 3 year old friendly, airplane/boat/ helicopter. And the Volvo driving course, Your DD's will have to do separate ones due to ages, but great fun. Kid Power tower...we like it, but it has gotten lukewarm reactions from guests. Sky Cruiser looks like it would be fun. It actually isn't. It is a rollar coaster you pedal yourself. No matter what speed you pedal, go the same slow rate. So, of all the attractions, I say SKIP this one! The FIre Themed live performance is very cute.
Finally Explore Village. Great Playground. The entertainment show, ventriliquist is good.
And then back to the beginning. To ease the whining about leaving...we always stop at the shop on the left as you face the gates which allows you to buy candy by weight. Amazing how 70 cents worth of candy will make the exit much more attractive. Have a gummy shark and be on your way!!!
I think I have said enough. Sorry, even as a kid I was known to have a lot to say!!
Hope this helps!!!!! Amy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by grumpyvet : 09-13-2007 at 09:32 AM. Reason: typos

Thanks Amy that really helps! Thank you so much for the coupons and the updated park brochures! I really hope you had a wonderful trip to WDW!

no one mentioned the fried granny apples. did they do away with that?, i look forward to those everytime i go!!!:confused:

MM,
NO worry!!! Still serving fried apples with vanilla dipping sauce. I tend to forget the food offerings since we go so often and are more prone to "brown bag" it!!! Fool Scoops in Knight's Kingdom serves Pumpkin Ice Cream----a personal favorite, so I always skip the apples!! So, munch away! amy

Whether Skycruiser is boring, or not (we like it), it is smack in front of you and hard to miss visually. It looks fun and kids want to do it. And, it is the one ride in the park that will truly soak up time unless you go to it when it first opens. I believe that it opens a little after the rest of the park (as does the driving school and the tower thing which is right near the cruiser). You have to go back a distance on the left side of the park to reach the skycruiser entrance. Try to time to be there a few minutes before that ride opens and fit in one or two of the fairy tale area rides before it.

We went last spring and didn't get there until 11am....big mistake! By 5pm I was wishing we had just 1 more hour to hit a few last things ;)

So yes, get there at 10am and as long as it's not busy you should be able to do everything by 5pm.

And yes, turn right when you go in as grumpyvet said. The nice thing about LL is that it has a nice flow so it's easy to move around the park and hit everything. There are not a lot of extra "arms" of areas like at DL.

And we skipped the shows because we wanted to see everything but I heard from 2 friends that the shows were really good. So try to fit those in when you need a break.

Have a great time!

We are planning a day trip to LL during our stay in December. We will be driving down on a Thursday to visit LL all day. What time do you think we need to leave DL area to get there when open?

We are planning a day trip to LL during our stay in December. We will be driving down on a Thursday to visit LL all day. What time do you think we need to leave DL area to get there when open?

I would leave by no later than one hour before it opens. It is a 45 minute drive from Anaheim.

Does anyone know of Legoland rents strollers like they do at DL & WDW?

We try to get those every chance we get!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter